How difficult is it?

BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE

Fans rarely understand how difficult it is to attract players to Newcastle. Take Delli Alli. He signed for Spurs after turning down us and Villa. I read that before Spurs came in at the last minute his parents wanted him to sign for Villa. Why? Not because they are a better team than us but because it was closer to London. What real chance will he get at Spurs? Probably not much. The other problems can be wives and girl friends, for the same reasons highly rated players don't go to the likes of Stoke, Hull and Sunderland. They want to be seen in all the best places, fashion shows, high fashion shops, movie premieres, showbiz parties, clubs, concerts etc. How many such events are there in Newcastle? So not only do the Management have to sell the club to the player but everything else that goes with it, or pay them stupid money like Sunderland have done with Defoe or we did with Owen.

Fans rarely understand how difficult it is to attract players to Newcastle. Take Delli Alli. He signed for Spurs after turning down us and Villa. I read that before Spurs came in at the last minute his parents wanted him to sign for Villa. Why? Not because they are a better team than us but because it was closer to London. What real chance will he get at Spurs? Probably not much. The other problems can be wives and girl friends, for the same reasons highly rated players don't go to the likes of Stoke, Hull and Sunderland. They want to be seen in all the best places, fashion shows, high fashion shops, movie premieres, showbiz parties, clubs, concerts etc. How many such events are there in Newcastle? So not only do the Management have to sell the club to the player but everything else that goes with it, or pay them stupid money like Sunderland have done with Defoe or we did with Owen.

I wouldn't say it's difficult, to be fair. I'd say it's more complicated.

tumblr_lymwerl01c1r8058ko1_500.gif