Are you going to the game on Sunday?

Happy Face

Are you going to the game on Sunday?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nufc.com among the crowd of people who seem to have made their mind up before the protest started. Anything sort of Ashley putting the club up for sale this morning counts as a failure.

fuck'em

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember where @@The Fish mentioned Glendenning but listening to football weekly now and Amy Lawrence absolutely destroyed him as soon as he started on the boycott. It was excellent!

He seems to stay a lot quieter when James Richardson is on compared to his buddy Max Rushden. Presumably because he knows the likes of Richardson and Horncastle are much better informed and a lot smarter than he is when he starts sounding like a talksport presenter

If the football improves I will probably take in a couple of games, otherwise no. It's piss poor value. Have to say in all honesty I've stopped caring about the club. It's not just Ashley (although he's the biggest issue), its the whole game in general. I'd rather spend the money on holidays Tbh.

Berlin is supposed to be worth a visit... ;-)

If this was Italy, we'd have had some radgie ultras blocking the turnstiles and brandishing switchblades at anyone who tried to get in. Get the Ashley Out lads to sort that out.

If this was South America, Ashley would at this very minute be tied to a chair a locked room on a trading estate stripped to his Y-Fronts with matches under his toe nails, with a contract for sale being placed in his left hand and a pen in his right.

They also do that just before the final whistle.

you're determined to put a dampener on it aren't you?

The ground is rarely anywhere near that empty when the players are on the pitch - even in stoppage time.

It has already been established that the sky cameras didn't capture the most empty parts of the ground.

I know. I've said that myself on here. I'm not saying the Gallowgate pic is wrong, all I'm saying is I've not seen a picture of it during the game, whereas I have seen pictures (TV and press) from all other parts, and people have been saying pics are being circulated that do not appear to be taken during the game, just to make it look emptier than it was.

Why do you need to? Why can't you just accept that it was a partial success and credit the organisers for trying something. It's almost like you've got an agenda

you're determined to put a dampener on it aren't you?

The ground is rarely anywhere near that empty when the players are on the pitch - even in stoppage time.

It doesn't look much emptier than whatever part of the ground it was that Sky put a closeup on of fans leaving after the last goal but before the whistle.

Comparing it to a normal game is going to be pointless - if the crowd was 30,000 due to the boycott, then obviously it's not going to look like it normally does in stoppage time after even more people have gone.

There way very noticeably a lot of empty seats yesterday, especially level 7. The weather, atmosphere, shit football, and empty seats made it feel like a preseason friendly. I'd count the boycott as a success personally, although not convinced it will do any good. Might have even earned us Carver on a permanent contract. That'll teach us.

Why do you need to? Why can't you just accept that it was a partial success and credit the organisers for trying something. It's almost like you've got an agenda

No, I just don't want to be manipulated by people who perhaps do have one - to make the boycott look far more succesfull than others think it was.

As for whether any particular figure is a success, a partial success or a failure, I've covered that ground already.

Who has a time-verified picture of the Gallowgate? Because I don't trust that picture based on what I've seen from time-verified pictures of the rest of the ground.

Let's see em then- post them up.

Whose manipulating you? Get over yourself man :lol:

I'll be blunt. The moment you put your plan into action and garner anything approaching the attention and support the Ashleyout.com lads managed I'll forgive you for moaning about their efforts. Until then, stop whining like a bitch and making out like the world should have listened to you because ultimately you're just another nameless no-mark on an Internet forum.

Whose manipulating you? Get over yourself man :lol:

I'll be blunt. The moment you put your plan into action and garner anything approaching the attention and support the Ashleyout.com lads managed I'll forgive you for moaning about their efforts. Until then, stop whining like a bitch and making out like the world should have listened to you because ultimately you're just another nameless no-mark on an Internet forum.

Your choice. The irony being, AO.com is run by person or persons unknown, and primarily organised on the internet as far as I can tell. None of the spokespersons in the media have identified themselves as being from AO.com, in contrast to the people prepared to stand by the name of the organisation they're representing - NUST, True Faith, etc. You do realise that the boycott wasn't even AO.com's plan, they just piggybacked onto a hashtag started by a random fan on the internet, who was at pains to say he didn't really have any plan in mind, he just wanted to 'do something'. What was implemented wasn't much different to the random hashtaggers suggestion - don't go to the Spurs game. When you look at it like that, AO.com actually diluted his plan such as it was, by unbelievably, giving posters to the people who went into the ground, as if they're also part of a boycott! Internet random I may be, but I'm not ashamed to criticise AO when they do things like that, and I really do hope people listen when I do, because suggestions like that were obviously nonsense.