Are you going to the game on Sunday?

Happy Face

Are you going to the game on Sunday?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They also do that just before the final whistle.

CC-RhpQW0AAFdl-.jpg

Either the Spurs keeper has taken up a very advanced position or the photo was taken in the first half. You utter fucktard.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your choice. The irony being, AO.com is run by person or persons unknown, and primarily organised on the internet as far as I can tell. None of the spokespersons in the media have identified themselves as being from AO.com, in contrast to the people prepared to stand by the name of the organisation they're representing - NUST, True Faith, etc. You do realise that the boycott wasn't even AO.com's plan, they just piggybacked onto a hashtag started by a random fan on the internet, who was at pains to say he didn't really have any plan in mind, he just wanted to 'do something'. What was implemented wasn't much different to the random hashtaggers suggestion - don't go to the Spurs game. When you look at it like that, AO.com actually diluted his plan such as it was, by unbelievably, giving posters to the people who went into the ground, as if they're also part of a boycott! Internet random I may be, but I'm not ashamed to criticise AO when they do things like that, and I really do hope people listen when I do, because suggestions like that were obviously nonsense.

They remain anonymous so that it can't be misconstrued as an ego-driven publicity grab. Steve Wraith's made sure he was front and centre of every photograph of his embarrassing coffin nonsense.

That "random fan" is an account with 30k followers who, as you say just wanted to do something. He (or she) succeeded, as something was done.

You keep saying it's a failure and while you say you've described what you feel would have been a success in the past, I've not seen it. What would have had to have happened for you to consider this hastily orchestrated boycott as a realistic success? An empty stadium? Mike Ashley weeping into his pint as he climbs onto a helicopter heading for the sunset?

They didn't "piggy back" either, they simply lent the weight of their support and logistics to the plan. They specifically stated that it wasn't their plan, but @NUFCStats'

They handed out posters because they, unlike yourself and a few others, were fully aware there was no chance there'd be more boycotters than attendees, so they wanted a form of protest available for those who would attend anyway.

Your posts simply read like a personal grievance with the success. Makes me think you are tied to one of the groups you've previously mentioned.

Mr Wraith, is that you?

CC-RhpQW0AAFdl-.jpg

Either the Spurs keeper has taken up a very advanced position or the photo was taken in the first half. You utter fucktard.

"But that's just before half time"

in: 5, 4, 3...

Mako is the yin to Fish's yang in the TLDR stakes

It's far too early in the morning for me to work out if I'm being insulted or not.

I find Mako's posts difficult to read because of his formatting choices.

He should employ a sub-editor.

Or use Lee Ryder's Sunshine Bus approach.

Whereby he puts ill-conceived thoughts into easily dismissed lines.

Like this.

I find Mako's posts difficult to read because of his formatting choices.

He should employ a sub-editor.

Or use Lee Ryder's Sunshine Bus approach.

Whereby he puts ill-conceived thoughts into easily dismissed lines.

Like this.

LOL

I followed that post and was thinking what a great writer you were.....

'the fuck are you on about man?

I've no issue with that pic, it looks pretty much like what I saw on Sky when they showed the Leazes, combined with what others have shown what L7 was like.

Your pic however, was of the Gallowgate, and it doesn't take a genius to see there's at least 50% more empty seats in that shot, if not much more.

You keep saying it's a failure and while you say you've described what you feel would have been a success in the past, I've not seen it. What would have had to have happened for you to consider this hastily orchestrated boycott as a realistic success? An empty stadium? Mike Ashley weeping into his pint as he climbs onto a helicopter heading for the sunset?

They handed out posters because they, unlike yourself and a few others, were fully aware there was no chance there'd be more boycotters than attendees, so they wanted a form of protest available for those who would attend anyway.

Errr....one of the reasons I criticised the boycott plan as envisaged by #stats was because I knew full well that there was no chance of there being more empty seats than not, because the prevailing attitude of most fans given past protests was pretty damn predictable - a mixture of apathy and 'support the team not the regime' wank. Add to that the obvious fact most of the people in the stadium have STs, then there was very little reason to expect anything else.

And I've repeatedly said on here (and N-O), a successful boycott would have produced a near empty stadium that was instantly noticeable on Sky cameras as being not normal, even to the most uneducated observers. That was after all why a Sunday game was chosen. Before the boycott, people were circulating images of the AC Milan protest which showed an empty stand during a game, so that was clearly the goal. If AO.com didn't agree with that being the goal, they shouldn't really have muddled the message (and really, no, I'd fucking kill myself if I was anything like Wraith)

I'm perfectly happy to settle for the second best, a better than expected reception by the media, who really did us a favour by side-stepping the stated goal of an empty stadium and focussng instead on why it was happening, without trotting out any of the usual stereotypes. But let's not kid ourselves here, 30,000 fans inside the stadium is not a show of united strength, it's confirmation of what most of us who long ago stopped giving Ashley any money, suspected about the mettle of those who still do.

It strikes me as blindingly obvious that the whole point of a boycott is to not enter the stadium. It's been annoying as fuck to see the boycott organisers and those who 'lent their support' just going along with all this 'personal choice' crap being pushed by the vested interests of the Chron and all the other fuckers who make money out of favourable contacts with the regime. If they were serious about a boycott, then they should really have taken more of a 'your either with us or against us' stance, without being overly nobbish about it.

Edited by Mako

On the subject of silver linings, it would be nice to see if someone was able to calculate, based on the best estimate of the crowd, how many on the day tickets were sold for that match, compared to the average fixture last season. If it's say, a 75% decrease due to the boycott, that might be something worth portraying as the headline.

It strikes me as blindingly obvious that the whole point of a boycott is to not enter the stadium. It's been annoying as fuck to see the boycott organisers and those who 'lent their support' just going along with all this 'personal choice' crap being pushed by the vested interests of the Chron and all the other fuckers who make money out of favourable contacts with the regime. If they were serious about a boycott, then they should really have taken more of a 'your either with us or against us' stance, without being overly nobbish about it.

Okay, how are you going to achieve that then? Have picket lines calling people scabs for entering the ground? :lol:

Nothing remotely nobbish about any of your ideas at all.

Okay, how are you going to achieve that then? Have picket lines calling people scabs for entering the ground? :lol:

Nothing remotely nobbish about any of your ideas at all.

No, just point out the obvious - the purpose of a boycott is to empty the stadium. The aim of the boycott is to remove Mike Ashley. Ergo, we, the organisers, are of the opinion that anyone who enters the stadium, wants to lend their support to Ashley.

No, just point out the obvious - the purpose of a boycott is to empty the stadium. The aim of the boycott is to remove Mike Ashley. Ergo, we, the organisers, are of the opinion that anyone who enters the stadium, wants to lend their support to Ashley.

But that's not the case is it? Not boycotting does not mean you support Ashley in any way shape or form. Your approach would be completely counterproductive and divisive to the fans.

And, ateotd, why the fuck does Ashley, a proven sociopath with no moral conscience, give a shit if a prepaid ST holder doesn't attend a match they've already paid for? The answer is he doesn't.

But that's not the case is it? Not boycotting does not mean you support Ashley in any way shape or form. Your approach would be completely counterproductive and divisive to the fans.

And, ateotd, why the fuck does Ashley, a proven sociopath with no moral conscience, give a shit if a prepaid ST holder doesn't attend a match they've already paid for? The answer is he doesn't.

Being scared of diving the fans implies they are currently united, or that they are capable of uniting for a common cause, which as the boycott showed quite conclusively, they are not, and never will be if 'aye, but each man must do what he thinks is best' is the prevailing ethos. Some think the situation is already bad enough to forgoe a pre-paid ticket, others do not. But it doesn't take a genius to see that once a boycott is called, which side is doing more to show they don't support Ashley by not going. And wake up - nobody who boycotted was under any illusion it would affect Ashley - the aim was to send a message to everyone else (fence-sitting fans included) to raise awareness that he doesn't give a fuck, and if you don't do something, he's only going to continue not giving a fuck. 'You're either with us or against us' is frankly completely appropriate - nobody in the fan base needs any more time, or any more evidence, to realise what Ashley is, and what he does.

If people are against the regime, not renewing their season ticket is the way to go. Its a damn sight easier to boycott something you havent paid for.

I appreciate its easier said than done though, especially if youve had the same seat for years.

Errr....one of the reasons I criticised the boycott plan as envisaged by #stats was because I knew full well that there was no chance of there being more empty seats than not, because the prevailing attitude of most fans given past protests was pretty damn predictable - a mixture of apathy and 'support the team not the regime' wank. Add to that the obvious fact most of the people in the stadium have STs, then there was very little reason to expect anything else.

And I've repeatedly said on here (and N-O), a successful boycott would have produced a near empty stadium that was instantly noticeable on Sky cameras as being not normal, even to the most uneducated observers. That was after all why a Sunday game was chosen. Before the boycott, people were circulating images of the AC Milan protest which showed an empty stand during a game, so that was clearly the goal. If AO.com didn't agree with that being the goal, they shouldn't really have muddled the message (and really, no, I'd fucking kill myself if I was anything like Wraith)

I'm perfectly happy to settle for the second best, a better than expected reception by the media, who really did us a favour by side-stepping the stated goal of an empty stadium and focussng instead on why it was happening, without trotting out any of the usual stereotypes. But let's not kid ourselves here, 30,000 fans inside the stadium is not a show of united strength, it's confirmation of what most of us who long ago stopped giving Ashley any money, suspected about the mettle of those who still do.

TLDR

Hmm - not even that tbh. Milan fans just wont bother turning up for some matches anyway now that they're shite. If it's raining and it's a Sunday for instance.

There was never going to be an empty stadium but as a starting point this was a success. 15/20,000 voted with their feet and a message has been sent to Ashley we want you to sell up and go. Over the next 24hours AO will announce their future plans hopefully this will include #boycottswansea to keep the momentum going a few may say it wont have the same impact as a Sky game i would argue differently as the Premiership is shown worldwide as ppv seeing empty seats again and again on tv wont be good for Ashley's business. Who knows but by boycotting again this Saturday we may add another 5/10,000 outside the stadium now that the fans have a taste for it. This isn't going to be an overnight thing but the long game will be worth it in the end when we can claim OUR football club back.