The ongoing injuries thread

trophyshy

17 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Now that Pope is injured we could at last assemble an extremely strong team of absentees.  

Pope

Burn

Botman

Targett

Manquillo

Murphy

Tonali

Longstaff

Anderson

Willock

Wilson

Barnes 

Remarkable.  

Truly remarkable that we've won six in a row at home in the face of that injury list (well, most of them).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye, it's an incredible effort. But its not sustainable. Anybody with a chance of returning on Thursday?

In a word?

stephen king no GIF

• Haha 1

I wouldn't sign a goalkeeper. I have that very clear. And even less, to Ramsdale.

I trust Dubravka a lot. We all know how good it is.

Now... There would only be one scenario in which I would try to bring in a goalkeeper for the remainder of the season and that is if I could bring in one of the 5-10 best goalkeepers in the world.

In short: I think I would only take a chance on De Gea. Offering you a low contract for 6 months.

• Like 3

It's a no to De Gea for me. I do think he is a quality keeper but the funds are needed elsewhere and he'll want a tidy wage. We're an injury to Isak (who looks to not be fully free moving anyway) away from having to play a winger up top. We literally have two first team strikers in our entire squad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zico martin said:

My dream team  is showing a red cross against Gordon, what's that all about then?

Hobbling at the end of the Man Utd game 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Injury list (+Tonali) value ~£224 million

1 means available, 0 means injured/suspended.

dark green means started, light green means played from the bench, yellow means on the bench but not used, red means available but not in squad.

image.thumb.png.fdea835024c3e6f107a553a3cc81a977.png

I've taken market value from Transfermarkt. Our total squad value (inc used U21s) is €641.8m. In 9 out of 21 PL games we've been been over 30% down on the squad in terms of market value.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

is that as valuable as the starting eleven? 

Our best starting 11 would be €413m. Our starting 11 for the Man City game was €350m

13 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

you agree with my figure then?

Yeah, I was just expanding on it.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

1 means available, 0 means injured/suspended.

dark green means started, light green means played from the bench, yellow means on the bench but not used, red means available but not in squad.

image.thumb.png.fdea835024c3e6f107a553a3cc81a977.png

I've taken market value from Transfermarkt. Our total squad value (inc used U21s) is €641.8m. In 9 out of 21 PL games we've been been over 30% down on the squad in terms of market value.

Slow day at work?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Slow day at work?

Compared to my normal day? No, positively hectic.

Compared to a normal person? Yes, glacially slow.

• Haha 4

Our best starting 11 would be €413m. Our starting 11 for the Man City game was €350m

Or Ten Sunderlands

• Haha 3

Just now, Toonpack said:

Or Ten Sunderlands

Their total Market Value on Transfermarkt? €81.25m. Which is less than Bruno (€85m).

Their total Market Value on Transfermarkt? €81.25m. Which is less than Bruno (€85m).

A lot of their squad must worth fuck all then, because they’ve got a £30m, £25m and £15m player on the books. 

Is this all part of The Model? 

• Haha 5