Georginio Wijnaldum

Happy Face

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought he was pretty shit in the main, though he was playing in a crap side with an even worse coach so still a bit early to write him off completely.

I think it'd be an abomination if that side that fish posted was played and Cabella was playing ahead of Ayoze. I'd have Ayoze in SGJ's position and SDJ in Cabella's position. Cabella would still play most of the season as he'd be cover for SDJ :D

I can see another season of '0 shots on target' games if we set our stall out that narrowly. That big Serb is decent in the air as well. Why don't we have any proper wingers?

Who we haven't signed...

Who we haven't signed...

I was analysing the line-up the fish posted. Don't think we'll sign him either. Shame as well, him and Ayoze could potentially complement each other well imo. I think we need a better and different type of player to Austin. I'd be happy enough if we got him and Mitrovic but if we just sign Austin we've failed on strikers again

I think it'd be an abomination if that side that fish posted was played and Cabella was playing ahead of Ayoze. I'd have Ayoze in SGJ's position and SDJ in Cabella's position. Cabella would still play most of the season as he'd be cover for SDJ :D

Less about the players and more the overall formation?

Too narrow. Probably work on FM though ;)

:lol: 2 b-t-b doesn't work that great.

That's what I'm worrying about. We've 8(?) players who can play in the centre and 2-3 who play wide.

Hopefully Aarons can live up to his reputation, which has increased 10 fold since he's been injured

:lol: I've noticed that, he's gone from promising teenager, to the solution to our Left wing (or right wing) problem.

It's only really CT that's saying that isn't it? In that 6-a-side 4-3-3 formation he posted the other week.

Nah, again on twitter, but there's plenty of people making him one of the first names on the team sheet.

He was on your get rid list on 3 months ago :lol:

Was he, I don't remember that at all? Can you show me where I said that we should get rid of Aarons?

Edited by The Fish

Reckon there's a good player in Cabella that we've seen flashes off (Chelsea away). Problem is, it's virtually impossible for those kind of players to look good in systems where the entire plan is to camp on the edge of the box for 90 minutes and try to fluke a goal. Get him plenty of touches and get him a run of games where he can settle. Pardew's approach to the likes of Hatem, Marveaux and Cabella was to give them 3 games and then immediately blame them for us losing so he could hoy his hardworking shite back in.

Was he, I don't remember that at all? Can you show me where I said that we should get rid of Aarons?

This should be interesting. The man needs 500 quid worth of kit to find a 'handle' in a paddock. How the fuck is he going to find a post in here?

This should be interesting. The man needs 500 quid worth of kit to find a 'handle' in a paddock. How the fuck is he going to find a post in here?

He's managed it but he's wrong anyway...

Reckon there's a good player in Cabella that we've seen flashes off (Chelsea away). Problem is, it's virtually impossible for those kind of players to look good in systems where the entire plan is to camp on the edge of the box for 90 minutes and try to fluke a goal. Get him plenty of touches and get him a run of games where he can settle. Pardew's approach to the likes of Hatem, Marveaux and Cabella was to give them 3 games and then immediately blame them for us losing so he could hoy his hardworking shite back in.

Yep I agree. He had a woeful season just gone but I don't think he should be written off. He's a France international. He's obviously got some quality about him.

• 1 month later...