Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

I agree he didn't yet loads of knackers would love him flying in whilst neglecting the fact that it only turned into a slide tackle due to his horific touch in the first place.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have posted my views on Colback before, he does offer a 6/7 out of 10 every game, but they are a Colback 6/7 out of 10 not a Cabaye 6/7 out of 10.

Would keep him as a squad player.

Think we are done regarding player recruitment for now as we seem to be struggling to get rid of any of the squad filler. Might be wrong mind.

I have posted my views on Colback before, he does offer a 6/7 out of 10 every game, but they are a Colback 6/7 out of 10 not a Cabaye 6/7 out of 10.

Think we are done regarding player recruitment for now as we seem to be struggling to get rid of any of the squad filler. Might be wrong mind.

We might get another Ivan Toney or two, but I'd be surprised if we added more to the 1st team.

I don't understand how two players can rate 6 or 7 out of 10 but one have been better than the other. Colback clearly isn't as good a player as Cabaye but if their performances both rate the same then in that game they have been equally as good.

I don't understand how two players can rate 6 or 7 out of 10 but one have been better than the other. Colback clearly isn't as good a player as Cabaye but if their performances both rate the same then in that game they have been equally as good.

Can we ban the Fish and DK for the next couple of hours please, I can't cope with the debate that's about to get underway. :lol:

I think it's a misunderstanding of the "out of 10" system.

It doesn't mean this player is performing at 60% of his 100% (I know, but it's just easier). It means this player is performing at 60% of a perfect performance.

Suppose one is a more difficult position to play in and be effective there, i.e. an attacking midfielder playing in the hole. DM is an important role but I think it's easier to be effective playing there because, to put it simply, it's easier to be destructive than creative on a football pitch. Obviously with the caveat (just for you Stevie ;) ) that being able to play in the more 'difficult' position doesn't mean you'd be more effective than a less creative player if you played in a more defensive role in midfield.

Edited by Alex

I think it's a misunderstanding of the "out of 10" system.

It doesn't mean this player is performing at 60% of his 100% (I know, but it's just easier). It means this player is performing at 60% of a perfect performance.

So you're saying that strawb is saying that Colback plays to 60% or 70% of his capacity which is less than 60% or 70% of Cabayes capacity? I wouldn't argue with that but it seems to go against the marks out of ten system that the rest of the world uses.

So you're saying that strawb is saying that Colback plays to 60% or 70% of his capacity which is less than 60% or 70% of Cabayes capacity? I wouldn't argue with that but it seems to go against the marks out of ten system that the rest of the world uses.

:dunno: that's how I read it.

If me and The Fish do an exam and we both get 60 percent, everyone knows I am cleverer than the Fish and nobody can understand how he got the same score as me. All I can think is that I was probably hungover or really ill or I just wasn't that bothered and he had been studying for the best part of a year and had an absolute blinder.

Is that sort of what we're talking about here?

If me and The Fish do an exam and we both get 60 percent, everyone knows I am cleverer than the Fish and nobody can understand how he got the same score as me. All I can think is that I was probably hungover or really ill or I just wasn't that bothered and he had been studying for the best part of a year and had an absolute blinder.

I think that would be the usual scoring system. Like if Cabaye played poorly for his ability but Colback played a blinder. Obviously you're Cabaye and Fish is Colback in this scenario. Although Williamson instead of Colback would probably be a better comparisson.

Suppose one is a more difficult position to play in and be effective there, i.e. an attacking midfielder playing in the hole. DM is an important role but I think it's easier to be effective playing there because, to put it simply, it's easier to be destructive than creative on a football pitch. Obviously with the caveat (just for you Stevie ;) ) that being able to play in the more 'difficult' position doesn't mean you'd be more effective than a less creative player if you played in a more defensive role in midfield.

But you wouldn't score the player playing poorly in the more difficult role the same as the player who's played well in the easier role would you? Marks out of ten is surely just based on how well someone has done in that particular match?

But you wouldn't score the player playing poorly in the more difficult role the same as the player who's played well in the easier role would you? Marks out of ten is surely just based on how well someone has done in that particular match?

I agree, I just interpreted strawb's comments as that, i.e. a consistent performer is a more difficult role is a more valuable asset.

I like it when you flirt with me like this.

"Negging", I believe it's called.

You were right to hastily delete your first response, but not to replace it with this one.

12852_sonic-sonic-the-hedgehog.gif

^You running back to the computer whenever I post.^

What I mean is Colback's level is below a better player's level. At his level he gives a 6 out of 10, which is acceptable. A better player gives a 6 out of 10 where he actually influences a game, because he is a better player.

Yeah this is boring.

Colback is bang average and shouldn't be first choice, but he isn't a major problem.