Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye canny. Got anymore?

Fact is this "hard working/workmanlike/solid/see bang average" mong replaced Cabaye in our midfield, are you happy about it? :dunno:

Aye canny. Got anymore?

Fact is this "hard working/workmanlike/solid/see bang average" mong replaced Cabaye in our midfield, are you happy about it? :dunno:

This is the bottom line.......what the fuck can we do about it? :lol:

Theres 11 shirts to support, I suppose its up to you how you go about it, but if football supporters only gave their support to technically gifted players there would be even less noise in the concrete graveyards of the premier league....tbf, the atmosphere wasn't bad for an early kick off on Sunday..

Aye there is 11 eleven shirts to support, I prefer to support players who are good rather than wishing cloggers were better than they are.

Nice that you enjoyed the atmosphere, must have been electric.

Seriously though I have no problem with Colback being at the club*, he is an average lower prem midfielder. I would keep him and play him when there were injuries or suspensions, I wouldn't have him starting for us ~35 times last season.

* Disclaimer that this doesn't mean I think he is the biggest issue at the club, or I don't want a new centre back, or that I don't think he caused AIDS. These are separate issues. I just think we can do better.

You're a supporter of a club that employed Shola for over a decade mate...in spite of this you live in the hope of (and indeed expect??) a squad brim full of talented footballers. You're wilfully following the wrong club if this is your criteria.

You're a supporter of a club that employed Shola for over a decade mate...in spite of this you live in the hope of (and indeed expect??) a squad brim full of talented footballers. You're wilfully following the wrong club if this is your criteria.

You and everyone else here know it isn't wilfully. I grew up in Boro and have lived in Africa, Spain, Leeds, London and Manchester, if will had anything to do with it I would support someone else.

Shola played ~ 300 games for us (including subs), in 14 years. Colback played ~40 last season.

I'm sorry if you think this is OK. I am not going to change my mind on him as a player, he should not be starting for the (not sure on this) 16th best supported/richest club in Europe. Not going to apologise for having higher expectations for my 1st choice central midfielder.

I think the situation is far from ok as I've outlined earlier but I accept it because theres next to fuck all I can do about it. I agree Colback is average-ish, I agree that I'd love a player like Cabaye in there, but I don't feel the need to slate the lad because with Ashley in charge its utterly pointless. Its called being a "supporter" in my book, i.e. offering support, the "11 shirts" thing? We're not Arsenal, with oodles of cash to spend on midfielders, but we could be. For the same reason that the squad will always be sub standard, we wont be.

This is the classic forum issue. I am not trying to change your opinion or get you to agree with me. I am stating my point of view.

I think there are issues with our midfield, Colback wouldn't be in my team if everyone is fit and playing well. If you do then that is fine.

In the game against Southampton, we played a 3. Anita at the base, Colback in the middle and Wijnaldum as the most advanced. In that position I would like a better player... I don't think this is a big issue?

Again, this doesn't mean I think Colback is the biggest issue in the team..

We've got Williamson and Lascelles if you just want a big lump at the back.

The second goal had nothing to do with height anyway, it was bad positioning. Log was one of the shortest players on the pitch

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

We haven't bought the centre half we needed like. Mbemba is shorter than Colo, we looked vulnerable every time they put a cross in and conceded from two of them.

fuck all pre-season

1st competitive game in the Premier League with an unfamiliar defence

Pelle is very good in the air

Think it's hasty to write him off

Edited by The Fish

Williamson is up for sale with Hughton apparently interested as Brighton, who we want Dunk from.

175px-Lewis_Dunk.jpg

Well, if ever a man resembled the side of a town hall, it's this lad.

What a gormless lump.

We haven't bought the centre half we needed like. Mbemba is shorter than Colo, we looked vulnerable every time they put a cross in and conceded from two of them.

Shearer, Speed and Sir Les. None of those three were particularly tall. heading is a skill as is the timing of the jump.