First Pint or Drink in a pub/club

trooper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newburn Boathouse with me fatha. I can tell you the date 3rd April 1993. I was 15 and I'm pretty sure the drink was stinking Carling. The reason I know the date is, it was the day of the Sheffield Cup Semi Final at Wembley where Waddle scored that beauty.

Central Park in Newcastle. I was either 14 or 15, probably the latter. I remember being on the escalator at Monument and a bunch of 40-odd year old women pointing over, commenting how young we all looked and pissing themselves laughing. Little did they know though, that I had a fake ID (that I'd made myself) in my pocket. :lol:

Got in and drank whatever I hit on the happy hour spin a wheel, which happened to be a bottle of Holsten Pils for a pound.

Followed through when I got home three times after being in there. We all used to go there because it was £1 a pint and you could get mortal with your 10a pocket money on a Friday night.

One night a new lad asked if he could come to town with us we started in The Broken Doll we were there about half an hour ready for the off & spotted Joe the new lad at the bar getting another pint it turned out it was his third we were drinking Slalom D We said we "were leaving" and he drank his pint straight off as soon as he got outside in the fresh air he was knackered. We took him back to the Haymarket put him on the bus home to Cramlington. We saw him a couple of nights later he said "he fell asleep on the bus" and was woken up by one of the cleaners in the bus depot at Blyth he never came back to town with us again.

Edited by trooper

Followed through when I got home three times after being in there. We all used to go there because it was £1 a pint and you could get mortal with your 10a pocket money on a Friday night.

:lol: Seriously, how many times have you shit yourself since you were out of nappies. There's a new revelation nearly every week.

First time in the town must have either been 16/17 in Dobsons or possibly Yel/Bambras/Circus Circus in the bigg market. We tried to get into Central Park for months but while I nver got stopped once they always wouldn't let a couple of my mates in for looking too young or another mate for having tattoo's. I must have been in that bar 20 times before I eventually got a drink.

Edited by David Kelly

Actually thinking about it my first non local pub drink must have been Surfers down Whitley/Tynemouth (can't remember exactly where it was now) when I was sixteen. Remember being quite excited they were playing Nirvana songs in there.

Whitley Bay was another place I couldn't get away with I think it stemmed from being taken to a nightclub by some mates in the late 70s called The Pickwick (I'm sure it was just someone's house) . We got there about half an hour after some kid had been stabbed, there was blood all over the place I don't think I bothered again after that.

Edited by trooper

First regular underage drinking venue was the Black Bull at Benton with basically the entire Sixth Form all going out without fail every Friday night and starting in there. We used to hide round in the alcove at the front and send the two oldest looking people to the bar every single round. What people must've thought. :lol: We thought we were mint at the time.

First bar I got served in was after getting back from Stoke, boxing day, 1989. It was The Hobby near the Bone Yard in Walker, it's knocked down now, it was the first and last time we went in. My usual haunts were Walkergate and I still remember My pals father giving me stick when he found out I was 18 after serving me regularly for over about 18 months. Used to be some heed the baals got in who were older but it was an eye opener seeing them and you were a bit wary back then being a bairn yourself really. Always recall walking in and hearing 'dancing naked in the rain' on the juke box while the radgies were dancing on the pool table. :lol: No idea what my first Toon bar was but bars that stick out were the Eldon, (shit), The Pineapple, (shit), Tux2, (good memories but shit) and Madisons nightclub. Used to sometimes pop up Shields Road for a couple of hours on a friday or down to Wallsend which was fucking stowed off back then. Went down the coast on the odd bank holiday and it was like being in 'The Warriors' getting back to Walkergate. :lol: