Newcastle United V Arsenal // St James Park // 12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say we don't have options, just that Mit is meant to be the main man. (As you know) ;)

By saying we'd put all our eggs in one basket with him, it was implicit that we didn't have other options though :lol:

I'm sure you understood the point.

When you changed it to mean he was the main man it was a point that didn't need making. When you inferred he was the only striker option you were talking shite, as you later confirmed by pointing out what the other options were. As I've already made clear, it's your fault you didn't know what the phrase meant when you used it.

So did we not bother to appeal against the red card then? Wasnt there grounds for it to be rescinded or am I just being blinkered in thinking it was very harsh?

I think it was harsh but there's no chance of it being rescinded. More chance of a longer ban for a spurious appeal.

I think it was harsh but there's no chance of it being rescinded. More chance of a longer ban for a spurious appeal.

Thought the FA canned that punishment?

Regardless, what would the grounds of appeal be?

Thought the FA canned that punishment?

Regardless, what would the grounds of appeal be?

I don't think they have but they never seem to enforce it, though I can only think of Chelsea who have tried it in high profile ways lately and they obviously don't get punished by the FA

I don't think they have but they never seem to enforce it, though I can only think of Chelsea who have tried it in high profile ways lately and they obviously don't get punished by the FA

I can't find mention of it in the discipline and appeals rules, but I am not fluent in legalese... http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/more/rules-of-the-association

:dunno:

Do we have any lawyers on here that could read through it? If not we'll just have to go with the next best thing and pick whoever is least liked. You've already made a start on it Davey. You may as well carry on.

Do we have any lawyers on here that could read through it? If not we'll just have to go with the next best thing and pick whoever is least liked. You've already made a start on it Davey. You may as well carry on.

:lol:

Manc Mag would have been able skim through that in moments.

:rip: