Deep thoughts

McFaul

Watch out for what you're doing at the end just in case rigor mortis sets in, Stevie. Bloke I knew was buried with the biggest, cheesiest grin anyone had ever seen. He died with a smile on his face and rigor mortis kept that smile till the grave. The rumour was he went out knowing he'd won the lottery, another rumour was that he'd shot his bolt after a night with a lass half his age. Turned out that the lad, Paddy, was actually hit by a bolt of lightning which killed him.

He thought he was having his photo taken. ;)

I'm not scared of what's beyond as I'm pretty sure its nowt but I do get a sense of time running out. I've had a canny life so far with not too many regrets but going by family history and probably even an improved lifestyle I'll only have another 20 years or so disregarding any outside forces. Sometimes that scares me if I'm being honest - I don't have some kind of bucket list I feel pressurised to complete but I would like an extension based on a reasonable level of physical and mental health.

Edited by NJS

I think it's best not to reflect on this stuff too much. The simple truth is that there is no real point to any of us being here; some people seem to find that comforting but for me it's vaguely depressing. When you consider how much of our lives we waste by going to work in the same slog day in day out, is there really any point in worrying about death? What are you missing, a few more days of working?

I don't have children mind, so that might change things.

I also work two jobs because I'm a fucking idiot - my outlook reflects what this has done to my perspective on life.

i tell you what, if i end up getting something terminal, i'm going to spend my remaining days getting off my tits on every mind altering drug going.

You should just do that anyway, just in case.

i'm talking about trying all the shit i've always been too scared to try. crack, angel dust, heroin etc.

I know, but you could get run over by a bus tomorrow.

Just reminded me of when the Chronicle ran a story of some bint complaining because her laddie was on a Faith No More mailing list and received a flyer saying 'Buy Angel Dust'. As though her kid was about to go some PCP on the back of that, with it being so widely available on Tyneside in the 90s and everything.

• 2 weeks later...