Newcastle United v Sheffield Wednesday (League Cup) 23/9/15 7:45 ko

Haydnator

I'm going to this. And I really have no idea why.

Anyway, Big Schteve said in his press conference:

"Blind faith is needed. A bit of blind faith and belief that we will eventually get it right, turn it around, and win some games. We need that from the club as a whole.

"It is always a test coming into any club. You always have, at some stage, testing times. It has come early and is not unexpected.
"It is par for the course. It is football. We have the patience and calm to deal with it. A lot of work is going on behind the scenes.
"The big thing we are trying to turn around is a club last season that had to win the last game to stay up. There is bound to be baggage.
"Our first four league games they showed fantastic spirit. Last two games, we have conceded goals and not come back from that and the reaction has not been right
"That is belief, a bit of 'here we go again' We have talked about it and addressed it. We have to put up a reaction.
"We put up the last game of the season and the fight showed as the benchmark for what is needed. We have to keep the spirit and belief going.
“We concentrate on performance and fight, and results will follow. If you are not winning you are not confident.
"They are all tough and we knew it would be. We have enough experience to do that.
“Four or five (players) have said: 'I don't want a rest, I don't need a rest, I want to play.' That is the type of character that will get us winning games.

"Looking at the situation they (Sheffield Wednesday) will expect to win. (They are) A good team. I know them from last season. They have changed their manager and style, good players. We have to do a performance that proves the doubters wrong.”

Our last 5 games vs The Owls @ SJP:

2009/10 won 1-0
1999/00 won 8-0
1998/99 drew 1-1
1997/98 won 2-1
1996/97 lost 1-2
Massadio Haidara, Jack Colback and Papiss Cisse are claimed to be nursing the classic Newcastle 'knocks' making them doubtful.
Score prediction? I dunno, err, something like, um, 3-1? Howay.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not even sure there's a highlights show for the last two nights :lol: sums it up really how shite these games are...which we still can't score in

Highlights on Channel 5, could be struggling with our game so far.

Tonights owls:

Wildsmith, Palmer, Loovens, Lees, Wiggins, Matias, McGugan, Semedo, Sougou, Helan, Joao

Last Saturdays owls:

01 Westwood

32 Hunt

15 Lees

03 Turner

36 Pudil

33 Wallace

20 Lee

21 López Booked

41 Bannan

45 Forestieri (Lucas João - 45' )

09 Nuhiu (Helan - 82' )