Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

He's a boring cunt who lacks any personality which can be seen with his play on the pitch.

My mate does maintenance on his flat and he never goes out apart from training. Him and his lass sit in their dressing gowns most of the day. His lass is a minger aswell. Like a Dutch version of Jeremy Kyle.

Good.

Much rather a boring arsehole like Anita, than another Nile Ranger.

Nobody is saying VA is class, just that you have to give credit where it's due.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Aye I know you don't like him Anorthernsoul but the lad being a good pro isn't a negative. I don't think he brings much at all to the side, he played well against Liverpool by being clean in possession in our half, going off what HF said earlier it seems once he got into the opposition half and nearer their box that's when he become pretty ineffective and that's the issue really. We have 2 CM's who contribute basically nothing in the opposition half, they struggle when their options are less and they have less time to make a decision, we really can't persist in playing both but Anita is the better of the two.

If he can put in performances like he did against Liverpool regularly he will be very low on the teams list of problems, he will need a CM partner in Jan mind unless Tiote can miraculously capture some form.

fuck off if Acuna was better than Anita. Holy fuck I wanted him to do so well as it reflected on Bobby but he was proper useless. Did score a goal though that I think I remember. End of discussion.

He wasn't useless at all. SBR just had better options for most matches.

Good.

Much rather a boring arsehole like Anita, than another Nile Ranger.

Nobody is saying VA is class, just that you have to give credit where it's due.

Racist

:lol: Aye I know you don't like him Anorthernsoul but the lad being a good pro isn't a negative. I don't think he brings much at all to the side, he played well against Liverpool by being clean in possession in our half, going off what HF said earlier it seems once he got into the opposition half and nearer their box that's when he become pretty ineffective and that's the issue really. We have 2 CM's who contribute basically nothing in the opposition half, they struggle when their options are less and they have less time to make a decision, we really can't persist in playing both but Anita is the better of the two.

If he can put in performances like he did against Liverpool regularly he will be very low on the teams list of problems, he will need a CM partner in Jan mind unless Tiote can miraculously capture some form.

To be honest, there's an argument that we can persist with two guileless centre mids. We've the quality & goal threat from Sissoko & Wijnaldum and with Cisse, Mitrovic, Perez & de Jong we've permutations of strikers that might grab a goal on their own or from the supply from the aforementioned attacking midfielders.

we'd be much better off with a string puller; someone who contributes to our shape & structure as much as he does to our attacks, however until the January window, rather than shifting Sissoko into the centre, couldn't we get away with Anita & Colback doing a boring job in the centre?

Ideally their job would be done by one man, but honestly? we haven't that man, so what're we supposed to do?

To be honest, there's an argument that we can persist with two guileless centre mids. We've the quality & goal threat from Sissoko & Wijnaldum and with Cisse, Mitrovic, Perez & de Jong we've permutations of strikers that might grab a goal on their own or from the supply from the aforementioned attacking midfielders.

we'd be much better off with a string puller; someone who contributes to our shape & structure as much as he does to our attacks, however until the January window, rather than shifting Sissoko into the centre, couldn't we get away with Anita & Colback doing a boring job in the centre?

Ideally their job would be done by one man, but honestly? we haven't that man, so what're we supposed to do?

Yeah I mean there's nothing much we can do until Jan (short of trying the Sissoko option, which in all honesty is worth at least trying), a left back and CM would be my priorities in January mind. Saying all that your first point about how we can persist with them is exactly the major issue because that's exactly what we will do with an owner like Ashley, we can probably just about manage with them so we will continue.

We scored 2 goals from 1 shot on target on Sunday.

We're 17th for shots on target this season.

Only West Brom manage fewer shots per game.

No other club has failed to score in more games.

I think we need more/better in the final third, no matter how solid Anita and Colback can keep us as a pairing.

Yeah I mean there's nothing much we can do until Jan (short of trying the Sissoko option, which in all honesty is worth at least trying), a left back and CM would be my priorities in January mind. Saying all that your first point about how we can persist with them is exactly the major issue because that's exactly what we will do with an owner like Ashley, we can probably just about manage with them so we will continue.

Aye.

I'd spunk 1/2 the budget on a quality Centre midfielder who can actually play a bit. 1/3 on a centre back and 1/6 on a left back.

Charnley will spend £12m on an out of form number 10 and £500k on a striker from Gillingham.

We scored 2 goals from 1 shot on target on Sunday.

We're 17th for shots on target this season.

Only West Brom manage fewer shots per game.

No other club has failed to score in more games.

I think we need more/better in the final third, no matter how solid Anita and Colback can keep us as a pairing.

I agree, but I'd say those stats are due to a lack of form, rather than a lack of ability. Moreover my point is that we should keep roughly the same team as played against Liverpool (perhaps rotating the strikers) rather than trying to shoehorn Sissoko into the centre, or whatever.

I agree, but I'd say those stats are due to a lack of form, rather than a lack of ability. Moreover my point is that we should keep roughly the same team as played against Liverpool (perhaps rotating the strikers) rather than trying to shoehorn Sissoko into the centre, or whatever.

Can't agree. The system of having 2 deep lying midfielders with no abiliy to produce anything getting forward has led to us spending more time in our own half than any other club...

24wc1lx.png

Doesn't matter how well Anita plays, even if he strings together a dozen performances like Sunday, we're still going to struggle going forwards without holding midfielders that can find a team mate in front of them in the opponents half.

Because we are shite defensively,it might be a canny idea to sign a couple of defensive midfield players who get a tackle in.Anita cannot get a tackle in and Colback seems more interested in getting a yellow card than the ball.David McCreery had his critics because he couldn't pass a ball and David Batty because he passed sideways regularly.unlike Anita and Colback,they both won tackles regularly which was the main reason for their selection.Tottenham move the quickly,unlike Liverpool last weekend,so I expect us again to get over run in midfield,and both Tottenham fullbacks to have a field day with Dummitt and Janmaat tucking in next to our central defenders then casually trotting across to the wing and turning their backs when balls are put into the middle.Sissoko will have to put a shift in defensively on Sunday and also whoever is picked to play left side of midfield.

We'd probably create more if we were able to control the odd game by dominating in central midfield.

Absolutely, meant that if you're going to play 4-2-3-1 at least one of your 2 has to be able to attack as well.

Can't agree. The system of having 2 deep lying midfielders with no abiliy to produce anything getting forward has led to us spending more time in our own half than any other club...

24wc1lx.png

Doesn't matter how well Anita plays, even if he strings together a dozen performances like Sunday, we're still going to struggle going forwards without holding midfielders that can find a team mate in front of them in the opponents half.

I don't think we're on opposite sides of the argument here.

I think you think I'm saying "lets stick with Anita & Colback cos they're doing a good job". I'm not. I'm only saying we should stick with Anita & Colback in the centre because we have nobody else that can do that job. Sissoko goes missing far too often to be used in the engine room. And for all his undoubted quality going forward he is 100% not a defensive or holding midfielder. This means we should sign a proper central midfielder so we can get shot of Anita/Colback.

I'm only looking at the next 4 games because by the time we meet Arsenal we should have bought and registered a quality central midfield.

:lol: Bigirimana will be "like a new signing" at best.

Yeah, probably.

Bonkers that we sold Abeid for buttons. He had the rudiments of what we need.

Put Sissoko in there. I'm surprised he hasn't been tried there yet