Holidays 2024

McFaul

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listen, I like to spend my time between the lake, chucking the ball in for the dog to swim about, Lake Road Brunch (marvellous Shakshuka! Great pancake stacks!) and The Round (class burger place/pub) on the main street.

Oh and Booths for my fresh produce.

I have an upper limit on my walks of 1.5 hours.

And that, my friends, is how the upper crust holiday in Keswick!

I mean, what's the point in being there? Keswick is ideally situated for:

• Scafell pike/Great Gable via seathwaite.
  • Buttermere via Honnister.
  • Skiddaw, literally above your head.
  • Blencathra, just along the road.

At least climb Catbells you lazy fuck. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Gemmill getting his arse handed to him on a plate here…

…a plate, on a doily, on a tartan tray, with a selection of nice biscuits. 

Sounds fucking ideal! Shortbread?!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean, what's the point in being there? Keswick is ideally situated for:

• Scafell pike/Great Gable via seathwaite.
  • Buttermere via Honnister.
  • Skiddaw, literally above your head.
  • Blencathra, just along the road.

At least climb Catbells you lazy fuck. 

Fuck all that noise. I look up at these things, they look great, very scenic.But I don't need to be all up in their shit.

I did the loop round the lake on the boat and noted the stop that you get off at if you want to fucking exhaust yourself climbing Cat Bells.

Then I went back to the main street and had a cornish pasty.

I mean this is real living. You and your fucking :quotes:achievement :quotes: of climbing these silly hills. No thank you.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The day I even think about buying a static caravan is the day I’ve given up on life. :lol:

You'd stay in a tent though, you dirty pig. Standing fully upright, shitting next to a tree and just pulling your pants up and walking off without wiping. It's all the same to you standers.

ANIMALS!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck all that noise. I look up at these things, they look great, very scenic.But I don't need to be all up in their shit.

I did the loop round the lake on the boat and noted the stop that you get off at if you want to fucking exhaust yourself climbing Cat Bells.

I mean this is real living. You and your fucking :quotes:achievement :quotes: of climbing these silly hills. No thank you.

:lol:

Catbells is hardly an achievement. You get a completely different perspective from up there plus, you know, it's good for your health. Choose a nice day, walk to Catbells, "climb" Catbells come down acorss the Southern end of the lake via Lordon, have lunch and a bevvy or two at the hotel or St Mary's mount, walk back to Keswick on the lakeshore. A 5 year old could do it, I know for a fact cos I made my 5 year old do it! 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

MF waking up form his luxury Lakes accomodation.

image.png.9f3f4b1048ec28927f71c4dee9808cc6.png

Whys this daft cunt got a lilo? 

There’s no swimming pools on El Cap! 

( Also, these lads shit in Pringles tubes and have to carry it out with all their gear

Take that filthy arse spelunkers! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

( Also, these lads shit in Pringles tubes and have to carry it out with all their gear

Never got that either. Just OD on codeine and Loperamide (Immodium), problem sorted. This is obviously when you became a filfthy stander, shitting dangling froma rope. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Welcome to the club :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Welcome to the club :lol: 

This is me and you CT, living La Dolce Vita. While these fucking plebs climb hills, worrying where they're gonna have their next shit.

WE'RE WALKING LIKE IN LA DOLCE VITA

THIS TIME WE GOT IT RIGHT

• Haha 4

I get not being into hiking (to each their own). But I DO NOT FUCKING GET the types who go to the pubs in Keswick, Ambleside etc wearing about a £1000’s worth of immaculate walking gear. I mean if you’re going to pretend to be something, why a rambler?  It’s so weird. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He's half way up a fucking cliff man, I refuse to believe they don't take turns launching their turds to see who can get it the furthest. It's the disgusting, hippy equivalent of hockling off bridges.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Catbells is hardly an achievement. You get a completely different perspective from up there plus, you know, it's good for your health. Choose a nice day, walk to Catbells, "climb" Catbells come down acorss the Southern end of the lake via Lordon, have lunch and a bevvy or two at the hotel or St Mary's mount, walk back to Keswick on the lakeshore. A 5 year old could do it, I know for a fact cos I made my 5 year old do it! 

Come on now Renton! 
How’s he expected to do this, aaand get back in time for his nap before Countdown and The Chase?

ffs. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

For the record, I go looking hot as shit in cowboy boots and a stetson.

It wasn’t in reference to you (or CT) but you see it loads in the lakes. 

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

He's half way up a fucking cliff man, I refuse to believe they don't take turns launching their turds to see who can get it the furthest. It's the disgusting, hippy equivalent of hockling off bridges.

I’ve done this :lol:

When I was a hippy. 

edit; it’s mentioned in the Ed’s Blog Welcome Thread :lol:

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024