Andros Townsend

ohhh_yeah

Rafa got him playing really well but you can’t really argue with his judgement re: going elsewhere instead of staying with us. I know we subsequently won the Championship but I wouldn’t hang around a relegated club owned by Mike Ashley if there were offers to stay in the Premier League.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Most one dimensional player I have ever seen but it was one hell of a one dimension. 

pacy winger, with a similar trademark move to Miggy: cut inside, wallop 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

pacy winger, with a similar trademark move to Miggy: cut inside, wallop 

Think ALmiron has much more to his game personally but the one footedness is similar. Anyway, I wish him well. 

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

Think ALmiron has much more to his game personally but the one footedness is similar. Anyway, I wish him well. 

Townsend was very two footed from memory. He's scored absolute thunderbastards with both feet. Pretty much every goal he has ever scored was a beauty though, and my memory is dog shit :lol:

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Townsend was very two footed from memory. He's scored absolute thunderbastards with both feet. Pretty much every goal he has ever scored was a beauty though, and my memory is dog shit :lol:

I seem to remember him cutting in from the left and shooting with his right. Although I wasn’t exactly avidly following us, even after Rafa arrived. I think I mentally had us relegated by about Xmas 

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Yeah, on reflection, you might be right, dunno where I got the one footed thing from. Just looking at his stats there, he only played 13 games for us (4 goals), so not much ot go on considering it was 7 years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I seem to remember him cutting in from the left and shooting with his right. Although I wasn’t exactly avidly following us, even after Rafa arrived. I think I mentally had us relegated by about Xmas 

Rafa also had him wide right too, and I vaguely remember him rocketing a shot in with his left. It was his only play mind you, cut in and shoot. I reckon that Townsend (when he was 24/25) in this side could have been fucking deadly though. He'd have been a class option against all those low block wankers last season that we drew with because we couldn't break them down - purely because he'd take a shot from anywhere and we were scared to do that in spells last year.

• Like 1

Also was his release cause triggered when he left following our relegation?

He put in for us but was a bit of a ball hog and shot happy which is how he scored quite a few worldies across his career. Good hair transplant too.

20 minutes ago, OTF said:

He put in for us but was a bit of a ball hog and shot happy which is how he scored quite a few worldies across his career. Good hair transplant too.

i want his surgeon's number 

image.png.c18934c8fcd25e2c19511204082ec4dd.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OTF said:

Aye, he left to preserve his England status (won by his form for us), only to be dropped anyway - He was desperate to come back in the Jan window when we were in the championship - with Rafa agreeing a fee and his wages, but Ashley wouldn't sanction it.

Shame really - he'd probably have still been here for the early Howe days, but then we'd probably never have signed Miggy.

• Like 1