Yes Gemmill...

catmag

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Aah but some of us are The Jesus and Mary Chain, but we are still Kylie.

(Sorry @sammynb don't be sad)

You’re plainly a pop kid Spongebob, and long may you reign :D 

I think I am too at heart, but I like to delve into flights of fancy via jazz and dub reggae….the mysteries of the universe in musical form etc etczzzzzz… 😴

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Aah but some of us are The Jesus and Mary Chain, but we are still Kylie.

(Sorry @sammynb don't be sad)

Bob the irony of that is the brothers Reid would love to be Kylie. Or at least 60s Kylie produced by Spector!

Don't get me wrong good pop is great, I'd happily listen to Jungle or Jessie Ware but fuck me, Gemmill and his love of Aha is just too much and "most" top 40 is just pap!

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’re plainly a pop kid Spongebob, and long may you reign :D 

I think I am too at heart, but I like to delve into flights of fancy via jazz and dub reggae….the mysteries of the universe in musical form etc etczzzzzz… 😴

Yeah, I listen to a lot of reggae, I'm all over the place really. Only things I dont really like are classic rock/ metal or Jazz. Or american Punk, jeezuz I hate shit.

I've tried with Jazz a few times but always failed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Yeah, I listen to a lot of reggae, I'm all over the place really. Only things I dont really like are classic rock/ metal or Jazz. Or american Punk, jeezuz I hate shit.

I've tried with Jazz a few times but always failed

I get that, you know I like jazz but really only the one subgenre and yeah most of that 80s US hardcore is shite but again the Descendents are the exception - classic rock and hair metal just suck balls!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sammynb said:

It bothers me no end that a spreadsheet guy is professing to know all about music in the dead person thread.

Music of an era and what is the commercially successful music of the same era are two different things. Maybe, and I say maybe, one will influence the other 5 to 10 years later but never the two shall meet at the same time.

Unsurprisingly you're so far off the mark it's derisible. I said it's rare that a TV show ages well. AH said that was bollocks and said there's plenty of stuff that's aged well. I replied that while that's right, there's far more stuff that hasn't, so my point stands. 

What I haven't done is profess to know all about music. And I don't disagree that music of an era and music that was commercially successful are two different things. 

But you're an ornery cunt, so y'know... you do you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2023 at 09:29, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

The ice hockey community is reeling today after a player died from an on ice accident during a game last night when a skate sliced through his jugular.

The other player has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67419951