Yes Gemmill...

catmag

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Do you believe in coincidences?… my colleague (who I do like very much :lol: ) told me an hour ago about that triple death on Nov 22….he certainly doesn’t 😬

Think I answered that above....

Season 5 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 2

I read a scientific paper on conicidences once. You have to factor in all the "incidences" together which makes a pretty enormous number. Coinicidences are inevitable, but as usual our pathetic human brains aren't wired to understand this. 

• Like 2

There was a poster you could buy ( I think it also appeared on tea towels too, bizarrely :lol: ) sold as a touristy gift in Dallas that listed the coincidences between the JFK and Lincoln assassinations. Varying from the tenuous to the untrue. I’ll see if I can find it 

Edited by Alex

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

I've never read his books but CS Lewis was a Christian propagandist so I wouldn't value him too highly. 

The last battle is blatantly islamophobic too. Also, a lot of his stuff was nicked from Tolkein, just "kidified". So yeah, I's agree C.S. Lewis < Jimmy Corkhill, but JFK massively bumps up the '63 deaths and they win on aggegate.  

Aslan is Jesus. The Narnians (North European Christians) are the goodies and the Calormen (Middle Eastern Muslims) are the baddies (in at least a couple of the books in the latter case). I did love the books as a kid but even I’d worked that out for myself as 11 or 12 year old on the second or third reading. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

I used to be really fascinated, almost obsessed re: the assassination of JFK. The more I looked into it, the more I became convinced Oswald was almost certainly the lone gunman and wasn’t part of a wider conspiracy. Funny thing about that is all of the credible evidence points to that being the case and hardly anyone (or certainly a minority) believes it. The various conspiracy theories are based on bad science, misinterpretations and (often) downright lies. Yet more people than ever prefer the bullshit. Culminating in the Trump cultists thinking both JFK and his son are still alive and helping Trump fight to save America from something or other. Even if he was still alive he’d be 106 :lol: 

Except for the magic bullet.

16 minutes ago, Kevin Carr&#x27;s Gloves said:

Except for the magic bullet.

That’s bullshit too. I suspect you know this though.

Btw, I remember an edition of the Viz (around the 25th anniversary iirc) which devoted several pages to TRUTH which placed Elvis Presley on the grassy knoll as the second shooter :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

You know what pisses me off most about you and your anecdotes, it's what a wasted life I've had in comparison. :lol:

Want to send a message back to my past self and say:

"Hoy! Listen up young Renton. Get your fucking head out of that text book, learn how to climb, and get over to France and get that wick dipped in continental clunge. Don't fucking worry about the future you fanny 'cos all that bring is angst and anxiety anyway. As  sickboy says, 'tomorrow will fucking look after itself'".

:lol:
Don’t beat yourself up man, it wasn’t all fun and flange, I had work to do too.*

*. It was. I didn’t. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I didn't mind the Pogues. He did well to last as long as he did tbf. 

There was something on the telly with him years ago and I was genuinely shocked he was still going. 

What it is is we're getting to the time period where the boomers are dying out. That's a large cohort but also coincides with the age of celebratory and mass media consumption. This thread is going to grow exponentially in coming years. Then it will just be you tubers and love island cunts dying and I won't care because I'll either not have a scooby who  they are or more likely I'll be brown bread myself. 

• Haha 6