New Phone

wykikitoon

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The one complaint I would have which would be the same for the Samsung (and possibly the iPhone) is that they cover the back in the same glass that they use for the screen. It makes the phone so fucking slippy if you don't have a case on it. 

Other than that it's class. And I think it's only glass and metal exterior so no plastic. 

Get a clear case for it then, obviously.Another potential issue for the fold - can't see a case working well on it and at that price I don't want to scratch it. 

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Ive had a One-Plus for years now and they're solid.  Superb camera and great fast UI.

I had the One Plus One which was their first release. It turned out OK but in hindsight buying a phone off a startup is a daft idea. 

I'm sure that's no longer a concern though. 

My basic point though was that the Android software is available to abyone who wants to use it on a device. So you will get some unreliable manufacturers turning out shit hardware, and sometimes with the added negative of a poor, bastardised version of Android on them. 

From memory, OnePlus stick very close to stock Android, and their handsets have always been positively reviewed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

Get a clear case for it then, obviously.Another potential issue for the fold - can't see a case working well on it and at that price I don't want to scratch it. 

Case arrives today. It's a LEATHER one baby, in keeping with my image as the bad boy of British banking. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The one complaint I would have which would be the same for the Samsung (and possibly the iPhone) is that they cover the back in the same glass that they use for the screen. It makes the phone so fucking slippy if you don't have a case on it. 

Other than that it's class. And I think it's only glass and metal exterior so no plastic. 

I always get a case for my phone. Not because I want somewhere to keep my bank cards, or one of those odd handles that selfy ghouls use, but simply because I am the clumsiest of cunts ever to walk the Earth.

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

A fucking 2 decade old Android vs. Apple debate?

Thing is as far as I can tell flagship Android phones and iPhones are converging in terms of functionality and price so who gives a shit?

Personally, I like innovation. I would like to get a fold as my next phone but fuck paying £1800 for it like. 

Ah I thought you and PL had beef over phones or something.

Little disappointed to be honest.

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ah I thought you and PL had beef over phones or something.

Little disappointed to be honest.

I only mentioned it to see if Gemmill would take the bait which he obviously did , that’s getting so normalised it and he himself are fucking boring me, but I hadn’t banked on Rents chiming in with an apparent post smack comedown rant so that’s a bonus tbh :good: 

• Haha 2

Pigeons are where it’s at lads- I’ve not spoken to any cunt in nearly two years, with the added bonus that every message sent leaves a little shite on their car. 

* posted from my iPigeon 

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Pigeons are where it’s at lads- I’ve not spoken to any cunt in nearly two years, with the added bonus that every message sent leaves a little shite on their car. 

* posted from my iPigeon 

Coo-l

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I only mentioned it to see if Gemmill would take the bait which he obviously did , that’s getting so normalised it and he himself are fucking boring me, but I hadn’t banked on Rents chiming in with an apparent post smack comedown rant so that’s a bonus tbh :good: 

Gemmil's just getting a little goading. I used to get unending abuse from this board and it only made me a better man. Think of me as Private Joker.

stanley kubrick fullmetal jacket GIF

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fuck off you boring baldy southern ponce. 

Southern?

I'm more Northern than you are, you ornithophobic shitkicker. 

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

* posted from my iPigeon 

pigeons GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Spam :smile:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, but Fish has escaped the shooting galleries of Blyth and lives in the Midlands now. 

The Midlands? I'm north of Sheffield, so I'm in the North. I don't make the rules.

People still say hello on the street, pints are still under £5, and at least some of the Land Rovers have mud on them.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The Midlands? I'm north of Sheffield, so I'm in the North. I don't make the rules.

People still say hello on the street, pints are still under £5, and at least some of the Land Rovers have mud on them.

Cheshire to London. 3:30hrs

Cheshire to Newcastle 3:10 hrs. 

MIDLANDER!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I’d say the north is a state of mind. 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheshire to London. 3:30hrs

Cheshire to Newcastle 3:10 hrs. 

MIDLANDER!!!!!!

Thank the Tories for that, no High speed line between Liverpool and Newcastle (or York)? It's insane. You should be able to get across the width of this country in less time that it takes to travels it's length.