New Phone

wykikitoon

• 1 month later...

Think I might get a OnePlus 3T when my contract expires next month. Galaxy S8 looks lush but I can't justify the monthly contract price.

Oneplus are meant to be releasing a "5" in July (4 is unlucky in China).

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

One plus one starting to be a little dodgy when charging, sometimes fine, odd time taking much longer than usual. Battery or charger? Anyone still using theirs? Can't really afford a new one and everything else on it is perfectly fine.

• 3 months later...

Dropped my iPhone 6S+ in the bath last night and officially killed it. It cost me about £700 2-3 years ago after paying off the installments.

I've been tempted to get out of the Apple stranglehold for a while so I replaced it today with a Huwaei P Smart for £220.

Whilst it's not quite as slick as an iPhone, which is to be expected, there's not a great deal of difference. And the iPhone was definitely not worth an extra £200, let alone £500

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Was her phone completely knackered? Mine wont even turn on now

Have you tried the rice thing? 

Don't know if it's a myth to be honest but might be worth a go. 

Aye, made no difference. 

Initially it was working with a shadow down the left side, which I thought I would just live with. Then it started having a shit fit, got red hot and now wont turn on :spaz:

I probably could have paid to have it fixed but it wouldn't have been cheap and Apple will probably stop supporting it in a year or so when they bring out iPhone 9 and 10

• 3 weeks later...

Got £120 for my knackered iphone. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. The Android phone is ok but nowhere near as slick. The keyboard is a pain in the arse on it and laggy as fuck

Anybody have experience of the newer high end Huaweis?

Iphone will be going this summer and considering either a P20 pro or possibly the new OnePlus once its out.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Got £120 for my knackered iphone. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. The Android phone is ok but nowhere near as slick. The keyboard is a pain in the arse on it and laggy as fuck

I told you this 3 years ago

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I told you this 3 years ago

Aye, I'm sure nothing's changed in 3 years in the slow-moving world of smartphone technology.

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

Just got a new phone, a Huawei Nova 3i having been on iOS since 2012 I don't know a lot about android.

Apps/Interesting functions I won't have had before?

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Just got a new phone, a Huawei Nova 3i having been on iOS since 2012 I don't know a lot about android.

Apps/Interesting functions I won't have had before?

I got panned for not having WhatsApp when I tried unsuccessfully to get a pic from a mate's phone last night. So I'd get WhatsApp to save yourself the same ridicule and derision. :good:

• Like 1