Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

First they came for the paedo apologists, but I did not speak out because I was not a paedo apologist. 

You’re quite right, I’m not a paedo apologist.

31 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

So you do believe in the big lie as well. The number of votes casted did increase because a lot voters on both sides felt the urge to vote. The majority of anti-trumpers would have voted for any candidate presented by the democrats. They could have nominated Moe from the Simpsons and he would have got at least the equal number of votes as Obama.

There has been absolutely no credible evidence of voter fraud including the shenanigans in Arizona.

So if the investigation into Boris Johnson breaking Covid law comes back with a no wrongdoings verdict you’ll be happy?

Just now, PaddockLad said:

You're willing to take everything Trump said and did at face value though so its probably just a matter of time tbh :cuppa:

No I looked at it and thought it wasn’t true.

5 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Just arguing the point that Trump has a negative reputation way out of proportion to his actions.

Demonstrably he hasn't. As you rightly pointed out Biden ended up with more votes than Obama proving just how unpopular Trump truly is! 

The Trump administration couldn't for the life of them accept the notion he was THAT unpopular so instead made up a load of unsubstantiated bullshit that the election must have been rigged. 

• Like 1

Scary stuff. There’s only one reason Russia would pretend that Ukraine has nuclear arms. 

Didn’t they hand them all over as part of Budapest agreement?

• Like 1

This 40 mile long Russian tank convoy is concerning me I have to say. Are we about to see Russia "get serious"?

We've had quite a bit to celebrate in recent days with how well Ukraine has resisted occupation, but it could return to being very grim very quickly if Putin wants it.

Fuck this whole thing, seriously.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

I don’t believe in QAnon.

when you say

I have never seen a less enthusiastically backed candidate than Joe Biden and yet he supposedly gained more votes than Obama who was arguably the most popular candidate of our lifetimes.

you implied the election was rigged. 

i'm out too. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You're willing to take everything Trump said and did at face value though so its probably just a matter of time tbh :cuppa:

No, I’m not I just don’t believe he was as bad as he was portrayed.

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

when you say

I have never seen a less enthusiastically backed candidate than Joe Biden and yet he supposedly gained more votes than Obama who was arguably the most popular candidate of our lifetimes.

you implied the election was rigged. 

i'm out too. 

I’m saying it’s possible.

I’m out too, there are far bigger issues going on which I think we can probably all agree on.

44 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This 40 mile long Russian tank convoy is concerning me I have to say. Are we about to see Russia "get serious"?

We've had quite a bit to celebrate in recent days with how well Ukraine has resisted occupation, but it could return to being very grim very quickly if Putin wants it.

Fuck this whole thing, seriously.

Its more than concerning. They are heading to Kiev for one reason only, and that's to take the city. A lot of destruction ahead and I fear the city will be razed to the ground.

Not sure if this is accurate but I have read that Poland are going to  allow Ukraine to use their airfields with the planes they are acquiring. The stakes are going up.

2 minutes ago, Ken said:

Its more than concerning. They are heading to Kiev for one reason only, and that's to take the city. A lot of destruction ahead and I fear the city will be razed to the ground.

yes, i looks grim. i don't get why putin would want to turn kiev into aleppo. this is a city he wants to occupy

2 minutes ago, Ken said:

Not sure if this is accurate but I have read that Poland are going to  allow Ukraine to use their airfields with the planes they are acquiring. The stakes are going up.

They really shouldn’t be allowed. 

That’ll count as NATO aggression. 

Absolutely horrific to live in Kyiv and have a live view of a 40 mile long procession of vehicles that are on their way to, at a minimum, irreversibly change your life, and at worst, to end it. 

Fuck Putin and his enablers. I hope this twat meets the most grisly end imaginable. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, i looks grim. i don't get why putin would want to turn kiev into aleppo. this is a city he wants to occupy

Putin doesn't care for  minimising damage and destruction. The first days of this campaign has embarrassed him. He clearly sees red now and will impose his will whatever the cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Aye that's an escalation the Russians won't take lightly. Having said that, if you're Poland, and so close to the action, you might feel compelled. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye that's an escalation the Russians won't take lightly. Having said that, if you're Poland, and so close to the action, you might feel compelled. 

I know a polish lass and she absolutely detests the Russians. (For good reason) 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I agree that by Poland getting involved directly like this has repercussions for that country. It allows Russia an excuse to go after Poland and the conflict inflames even more and may force NATO's hand. Very dangerous.

12 minutes ago, Ken said:

What planes are they acquiring?