Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worth noting that the likes of George Floyd won't show up on that graph, he wasn't shot to death by police, he was suffocated by them and he isn't the only one. There's a reason "I can't breathe" has

Iirc the cases he’s bringing against these states won’t go to the Federal Supreme Court but those states Supreme Court. The most that would happen from that is perhaps a recount, as it’s complete fuck

They are simultaneously too ineffective to stop Trump when he succeeds and too powerful to overcome whenever he fails to deliver. Just like "antifa", which are both a terrifying scourge that law enfor

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I did worry that, like last time round, the Democrats had somehow managed to put forward a candidate capable of losing to Trump. Whatever happens it’s a lot closer than it probably should’ve been given the backdrop. You have to think a lot of that is down to Biden being so uninspiring 

 

I think so. I know Renton finds it objectionable but I really, really believe that no matter the political stripe of a candidate, people are looking for vision. Biden and Hillary offered none of that.

 

Biden 2020 would have lost to trump in 2016 too, I'm pretty certain of that. The only reason he'll win this (I really hope he wins this) is that people have been able to see how dangerous Trump actually is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

There probably is an argument to say that avoiding cities dominating everything entirely is worth pursuing, but the extent to which the EC favours republicans is depressing. That said, on this occasion, I'm not sure it's really the issue - the votes (at least so far) look pretty much neck in neck. Can't blame this one on EC I don't think.

 

Well there's huge useless with gerrymandering and voter suppression to contend with too. The system is massively rigged to favour the GOP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

There probably is an argument to say that avoiding cities dominating everything entirely is worth pursuing, but the extent to which the EC favours republicans is depressing. That said, on this occasion, I'm not sure it's really the issue - the votes (at least so far) look pretty much neck in neck. Can't blame this one on EC I don't think.

Democrats don't seem to have learned that it's not about policy, it's personality now. They needed an Obama, someone that would excite the base and be palatable to the others. Instead they've gone for Boring Biden. 

 

Democracy has jumped the shark now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

 

I think so. I know Renton finds it objectionable but I really, really believe that no matter the political stripe of a candidate, people are looking for vision. Biden and Hillary offered none of that.

 

Biden 2020 would have lost to trump in 2016 too, I'm pretty certain of that. The only reason he'll win this (I really hope he wins this) is that people have been able to see how dangerous Trump actually is.

if you take covid out of the picture, trump hammers biden. and i'm afraid to say he hammers warren and sanders too. america doesn't want their vision. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

With Nevada, Biden needs two of the last five whereas Trump needs four. 

 

Wisconsin is looking good for Biden so Michigan or Georgia would do it. I hope this happens as if it comes down to Penn the legal shit will get very messy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr Gloom said:

if you take covid out of the picture, trump hammers biden. and i'm afraid to say he hammers warren and sanders too. america doesn't want their vision. 

Yet the Fox exit polls suggest majority support for decent policies. It's like the UK where "values" are becoming king. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

I think so. I know Renton finds it objectionable but I really, really believe that no matter the political stripe of a candidate, people are looking for vision. Biden and Hillary offered none of that.

 

Biden 2020 would have lost to trump in 2016 too, I'm pretty certain of that. The only reason he'll win this (I really hope he wins this) is that people have been able to see how dangerous Trump actually is.

 

I've just come to the conclusion Americans are thick as pigshit and will believe any lie Trump feeds them. Biden lost Florida because he was Castro's best mate apparently. Elsewhere you just call him a socialist, as preposterous as that is to us, and the red necks just won't vote for him. I'm struggling to think of who could do a better job than Biden given the current atmosphere tbh. Not Sanders, I guarantee that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Democrats don't seem to have learned that it's not about policy, it's personality now. They needed an Obama, someone that would excite the base and be palatable to the others. Instead they've gone for Boring Biden. 

 

Democracy has jumped the shark now.

warren and sanders would have excited the base but i suspect they wouldn't have been palatable in a country where socialsim is a dirty word - some states have rejected biden because they're scared he's a socialist ffs.

the senile granddad was the safest pair of hands. the left in america will still vote for him. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Renton said:

 

I've just come to the conclusion Americans are thick as pigshit and will believe any lie Trump feeds them. Biden lost Florida because he was Castro's best mate apparently. Elsewhere you just call him a socialist, as preposterous as that is to us, and the red necks just won't vote for him. I'm struggling to think of who could do a better job than Biden given the current atmosphere tbh. Not Sanders, I guarantee that. 

Thisw is it for me, politicians have cottoned onto the gullibility of the populace. Say any old shit and people will believe it, if it aligns with their prejudice. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Getting ahead of things here a bit, but if Trump does lose, which do you think will happen first;

New York put him on trial

His sperm germination trophy divorces him? 

Which one, there appears to be a new 'Melania' every photo-op.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if you take covid out of the picture, trump hammers biden. and i'm afraid to say he hammers warren and sanders too. america doesn't want their vision. 

I wonder how much Biden’s inability to campaign has had an effect on his vote. He’s basically had no large rallies to excite people in person or on TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if you take covid out of the picture, trump hammers biden. and i'm afraid to say he hammers warren and sanders too. america doesn't want their vision. 

 

Aye this time around but last time I'm convinced Sanders would have won it. Too much well poisoning this time for any real progressive candidate to make inroads. Same as over here really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I wonder how much Biden’s inability to campaign has had an effect on his vote. He’s basically had no large rallies to excite people in person or on TV.

 

I was thinking the same, the whole "backing a winner" mentality and all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

 

Aye this time around but last time I'm convinced Sanders would have won it. Too much well poisoning this time for any real progressive candidate to make inroads. Same as over here really.

trump v sanders in 2016 - yeah that would have been an interesting fight. trump may have struggled to take all the mid west states, but you can't underestimate just how scared yanks are by the word socialism. it's the antithesis of the american dream. it's why the dems always go for safe, centrist nominees. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr Gloom said:

trump v sanders in 2016 - yeah that would have been an interesting fight. trump may have struggled to take all the mid west states, but you can't underestimate just how scared yanks are by the word socialism. it's the antithesis of the american dream. it's why the dems always go for safe, centrist nominees. 

 

Maybe so, but they don't look that safe to me based on this evidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The race stands at 238 electoral votes for Biden to 213 for Trump, with six battleground states outstanding. If Biden can hang on to a narrow lead in Nevada, and seal the deal in Wisconsin, any additional state – North Carolina (15 electoral votes), Georgia (16), Michigan (16) or Pennsylvania (20) – brings him victory. /Guardian

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The race stands at 238 electoral votes for Biden to 213 for Trump, with six battleground states outstanding. If Biden can hang on to a narrow lead in Nevada, and seal the deal in Wisconsin, any additional state – North Carolina (15 electoral votes), Georgia (16), Michigan (16) or Pennsylvania (20) – brings him victory. /Guardian

it could hinge on nevada, where biden's lead is narrowing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Andrew changed the title to President Biden

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...