5 games in 15 days

trooper

Aye, that all makes sense.  Good that Brighton seem to be having a slight dip in form at the same time, and it's unlikely that both Leeds and Huddersfield will maintain their current form for the rest of the season.

I just wake up drenched it sweat after Huddersfield nightmares tbh.

:lol: Aye I mean there's always a worry they could simply keep the run going. I think even if they did we could beat out the others mind. I was surprised at everyones form over the last 10 games tbh, I do think everyone has been going through a run of good form whereas many have pointed to us going through a rougher patch recently so it's good that despite that we're still top and 5 points (effectively 6 because of the GD) clear of 3rd.

After we kick the fucking Beige out of Villa on Monday we'll all feel a lot better.

If we had've beaten the mackems even once we would have stayed up. It doesn't mean that they relegated us but beating the teams around you is a double victory points wise.

If we had won any fixture we had lost we would have stayed up last year.

I get the point about 6 pointers but the point I was making is these games aren't that much more important than the next 5 imo. And given our away record, disaster is unlikely. Far too much bed wetting going on.

I get the point about 6 pointers but the point I was making is these games aren't that much more important than the next 5 imo. And given our away record, disaster is unlikely. Far too much bed wetting going on.

And willy waving. Don't forget the willy waving.

There's the points and there's also a psychological advantage to be gained by having that gap between us and the rest. I'm fairly confident for this run of matches so no bed wetting from me. 

It doesnt fuckin matter really though lads does it? Ashley's fucked Rafa, who's offski on the final day then we're fucked again and back down next year.

:spit:

Fuck me.

Are we top of the league or not? Way too much pessimism about the place at the minute, it's mental.

We're 3rd in the 6 game form table, and where in that table are our next opponents? 23rd. They have 5 losses from 6 away games, against such titans as Cardiff, Wolves, Brentford and Forest. They've managed 8 goals away from Villa Park all season. Their last point came at home to Preston.

Next up is a game against Bristol, who've 9 points on the road, who've conceded 28 goals in 16 away games. They've conceded 11 goals in their last 6 games, winning one (Rotherham) and drawing two (Shef Wed & Derby). Keep Abraham quiet and they don't have a real goal threat.

Then we travel to Brighton. We've beaten them once this season, we're the best away side in the country but this will be the biggest game of the run.

Huddersfield are in good form, but Howay is right, they're a very streaky side and the way Wagner has them playing puts loads of strain on the squad's fitness and focus. Their high pressing, energetic style could undo us, but just as likely, our controlled efficient style could undo them.

I'd expect 7-9 points from those four games, especially with Gayle back. 

The hallmark of the irritating player. Always available (not so much in the actual game).

:lol: It is aye, you can guarantee if there was an injury crisis at the club where he'd be our only hope that would be the time he'd be injured.