2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

6 hours ago, wolfy said:

How do you think you personally will be better off under labour and what do you think is GENUINELY in it for the low/working class?

I don't expect to be better off personally under Labour. I may well be worse off. However, there's a lot they can offer that will, I hope, enable other people to have as good a start in their lives and careers as possible. While also saving the NHS, pulling back from armed conflict the world over, and ensuring that if we have to Brexit, we're not Brexiting for the benefit of rich fuckwits who own newspapers.

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I don't expect to be better off personally under Labour. I may well be worse off. However, there's a lot they can offer that will, I hope, enable other people to have as good a start in their lives and careers as possible. While also saving the NHS, pulling back from armed conflict the world over, and ensuring that if we have to Brexit, we're not Brexiting for the benefit of rich fuckwits who own newspapers.

That sounds like excellent reasoning. I hope that's what entails from it all, should labour get in.

I'm voting labour because I'm not the sort of selfish cunt who votes Tory. I will unquestionably be poorer off under their tax and spend plans but I don't give a shit because it's the right thing to do.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I'm voting labour because I'm not the sort of selfish cunt who votes Tory. I will unquestionably be poorer off under their tax and spend plans but I don't give a shit because it's the right thing to do.

Bearing in mind that you say you'll be worse off under labour, what is the major reason as to why you refuse to vote conservative?

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Have a look at their manifesto and track record.

I'm asking people for their personal opinions on the major stuff that aids them in their choice. It's not about me looking at any party's manifesto's.

I don't vote so I just accept whichever party is put before us.

I tend to go with the thought that all of them are just a separate tentacle from the very same octopus.

However, I'm just basically wondering what drives people on to edge them to go the way they go in voting terms.

Again, it's pretty much everything they do and say. Their manifesto is full of things that are either bad ideas or targets/aims that they won't meet or have failed to implement in the past. Someone with more motivation than me may fancy going through them point by point for you.

Edited by ewerk

1 hour ago, wolfy said:

Bearing in mind that you say you'll be worse off under labour, what is the major reason as to why you refuse to vote conservative?

Empathy.

17 minutes ago, wolfy said:

I'm asking people for their personal opinions on the major stuff that aids them in their choice. It's not about me looking at any party's manifesto's.

I don't vote so I just accept whichever party is put before us.

I tend to go with the thought that all of them are just a separate tentacle from the very same octopus.

However, I'm just basically wondering what drives people on to edge them to go the way they go in voting terms.

Generally the Tories believe in the free market and cutting back the state, but in a rather cynical bid for power they seem to have sidelined this narrative in their manifesto in favour of demonising immigrants for the failures of a system that they themselves established.

Labour weren't much better for an extended period of time (although I freely admit that 'not much better' is still 'better'), so I sympathise to a degree with your tentacle analogy. However, on this occasion I think it might be worth reading what Labour have to offer, as they have a draft of policies that I've never seen make it onto a manifesto, with a promise of real change. Granted, this could end up bankrupting the country (depending on how much you believe the Daily Mail knows what it's talking about) but on the other hand, it might vastly improve the majority of people's lives.

1 hour ago, wolfy said:

Because I deplore what the tories have done to the welfare state, our libraries, our medical professionals, our police force etc etc.

I think we should look after people less fortunate than me, I think everyone should have access to a good education whatever their background, I think the state should take back control of public services and utilities so services aren't compromised by  the profit motive - and I will happily pay higher taxes for all of this. 

Corbyn, for all his flaws as a leader, launched a manifesto that offers a clear choice. It's the most left wing campaign since the early 80s and though I doubt he'll win, I feel compelled to vote labour for the first time since before the Iraq war.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Again, it's pretty much everything they do and say. Their manifesto is full of things that are either bad ideas or targets/aims that they won't meet or have failed to implement in the past. Someone with more motivation than me may fancy going through them point by point for you.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It applies to all parties, I think, except we generally only get to see the two major stand out parties put before us.

That's why I mention separate tentacles from the same octopus because they all play the game of robbing Peter to pay Paul, kind of thing and it appears that the lower class (in their eyes) are played on a small feast and a large famine basis over a few decades and yet always given the impression that the rich are somehow punished to enable the poor to get a foothold back into normal living, instead of the near poverty that some endure.

To me, it's a game to them and is one reason why I don't bother to vote, because I genuinely do not think out votes are worth a toss in the overall reality of things.

That's just my honest opinion.

I've seen enough with these parties throughout life to see the games being played on the population.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

our libraries

Do people still use libraries? I haven't been into one in years so I've no idea who really uses them. Apart from the foreigners on the computers.

1 minute ago, wolfy said:

To me, it's a game to them and is one reason why I don't bother to vote, because I genuinely do not think out votes are worth a toss in the overall reality of things.

That's just my honest opinion.

I've seen enough with these parties throughout life to see the games being played on the population.

All parties or just the mainstream parties? Smaller parties on the ballot are probably less likely to be part of the same octopus.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Do people still use libraries? I haven't been into one in years so I've no idea who really uses them. Apart from the foreigners on the computers.

The mother uses them all the time, but that's in Ireland.

I would have been a regular user as a kid but didn't know if they still used libraries given they have the internet in front of them. It's one of those things that you don't know who the cuts affect if you don't use the service yourself.

People who are struggling to put food in the table, people who have been  sanctioned over their benefits are unlikely to have access to the internet. A library is priceless for those in that situation.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Generally the Tories believe in the free market and cutting back the state, but in a rather cynical bid for power they seem to have sidelined this narrative in their manifesto in favour of demonising immigrants for the failures of a system that they themselves established.

Labour weren't much better for an extended period of time (although I freely admit that 'not much better' is still 'better'), so I sympathise to a degree with your tentacle analogy. However, on this occasion I think it might be worth reading what Labour have to offer, as they have a draft of policies that I've never seen make it onto a manifesto, with a promise of real change. Granted, this could end up bankrupting the country (depending on how much you believe the Daily Mail knows what it's talking about) but on the other hand, it might vastly improve the majority of people's lives.

The reality of it all with any genuine human beings running a piece of land like ours is that none of them could bankrupt that land unless they deliberately set out to do that and that is not down to the people with the unkempt hair and tatty suits down in London.

I think the string pullers for those puppets are those that run the entire banking system, that can play those games and dictate which party gets to implement them.

Like I say, it's just my personal opinion.

The way I see it is, they have to keep a population chained up like dogs but must allow enough chain to be let loose to allow the hungriest of those dogs to get to the feeding bowls every so often or serious discontent will arise and an uncontrollable situation will be unleashed.

It might seem over the top but you only have to look at the jobs situation and the reliance of people on loans and benefit sanctions, plus minimum wage implementations that appear to pacify the well off and the so called middle class, but it's creating massive problems that many well off/middle class people will refuse or not even take the time to recognise.

This is why I believe governments play the change game. Not by vote or by accident, but by design.

What I'm saying does not make me correct. It's the way I see things and have seen things panning out for long enough. What others think is entirely up to them and fair enough.

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Because I deplore what the tories have done to the welfare state, our libraries, our medical professionals, our police force etc etc.

I think we should look after people less fortunate than me, I think everyone should have access to a good education whatever their background, I think the state should take back control of public services and utilities so services aren't compromised by  the profit motive - and I will happily pay higher taxes for all of this. 

Corbyn, for all his flaws as a leader, launched a manifesto that offers a clear choice. It's the most left wing campaign since the early 80s and though I doubt he'll win, I feel compelled to vote labour for the first time since before the Iraq war.

For all of what I've said, I like this way of thinking and would hope that this would become a reality.

Maybe making people like you into legitimate country running leaders would be a benefit to all. If only it were that simple then we would all have a brighter less depressing future.