2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I use libraries. Our local one is really good. The LGBT section is right next to the Large Print shelves, I think they must be trying to troll the local grannies.

1 minute ago, wolfy said:

The reality of it all with any genuine human beings running a piece of land like ours is that none of them could bankrupt that land unless they deliberately set out to do that and that is not down to the people with the unkempt hair and tatty suits down in London.

I think the string pullers for those puppets are those that run the entire banking system, that can play those games and dictate which party gets to implement them.

Like I say, it's just my personal opinion.

The way I see it is, they have to keep a population chained up like dogs but must allow enough chain to be let loose to allow the hungriest of those dogs to get to the feeding bowls every so often or serious discontent will arise and an uncontrollable situation will be unleashed.

It might seem over the top but you only have to look at the jobs situation and the reliance of people on loans and benefit sanctions, plus minimum wage implementations that appear to pacify the well off and the so called middle class, but it's creating massive problems that many well off/middle class people will refuse or not even take the time to recognise.

This is why I believe governments play the change game. Not by vote or by accident, but by design.

What I'm saying does not make me correct. It's the way I see things and have seen things panning out for long enough. What others think is entirely up to them and fair enough.

As I say, I don't entirely disagree with that sentiment - but I genuinely do believe that the established order does not want Corbyn in power. They couldn't have choreographed his rise and he was way too below the radar to have been picked up previously.

This is one occasion where they've let something slip through the net, and we need to capitalise on it.

Our kids love going to the library and we've bought them hundreds of books. For parents that can't afford many books it must be vital to bringing their kids reading along. Often see parents in there, sat with shoes off like it's a free day out.

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

All parties or just the mainstream parties? Smaller parties on the ballot are probably less likely to be part of the same octopus.

It would eventually be all parties that take over a constituency. 

From afar we have the monster raving loony party and what not. Basically a party that promises all the silliness, etc. Lord Sutch of years ago, remember?

Now imagine the monster raving loony party taking over one or two constituencies?

Who governs what they do?

It's like any party that takes over any area. They may be the opposite to what is in government but they have to follow protocol whilst giving people the illusion of having some kind of pacifying stand alone for the area, champion.

All the government are, are the committee at the time for the club. They give the illusion of the running of it but them the members are given votes on who replaces who, as well as changes, which as we all know, are rarely followed to any letter.

Just like those in government with their unkempt dress and style, the committee operates just the same and yet the control of the club is in the hands of the breweries who hold the ransom notes (beer) and dictate what's what.

Like I said with those that run the banks. The real big I am's, who I'm sure most know who.

We are given the illusion of having choice with everything when the stark reality is far from any of it. We are controlled like puppets and we basically dance to whatever tune is played and yet we will argue with each other that we are free to choose.

We are in theory because you get to choose two mains in tory or labour with a few so called cast off's thrown in for extra black sheep entertainment.

Just like your microsoft and apple rule your gadget life.

Just like anything you can think of ruling your life choices. It's all by design and the government are the first puppets put before you from the puppeteers.

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

As I say, I don't entirely disagree with that sentiment - but I genuinely do believe that the established order does not want Corbyn in power. They couldn't have choreographed his rise and he was way too below the radar to have been picked up previously.

This is one occasion where they've let something slip through the net, and we need to capitalise on it.

That's fair enough. 

When you've got young kids, libraries are mint. 

It's a trip out for them- (kids get excited over anything and everything) and it's (reading with them) one of the best things you can do to help them along. 

My two use t'interwebs regularly, but they absolutely love books. 

Tories admitting they cut the police back, but suggesting that Labour agreed. Which I'm sure they did, given the race to the bottom for austerity was going. Not sure that accusation will work though given Corbyn certainly wouldn't have been in favour of cutting the police.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/05/karen-bradley-police-cuts-armed-officers-bbc-today-programme-london-bridge-attack

Also, notably, Cooper has come out in support of Corbyn over police cuts. Granted its an easy one for her, but still.

On 2017-6-2 at 10:38 PM, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn is at his best when he talks about his investment strategy. Wasn't rattled at all there.

i just wish he would play the fucking game. He could have put the nuke/ira/antisemitism questions to bed if he wasn't so stubborn. 

I like his stubborness. A lot of people view him as weak but he sticks to his guns. I'd want this trait in a leader rather than May dropping her knickers at the first sign of unrest.

Here is the quote where Jeremy Corbyn said Theresa May should resign over police cuts. Asked in an ITV interview if he supported calls for her to resign, he replied:

Indeed I would, because there’s been calls made by a lot of very responsible people on this who are very worried that she was at the Home Office for all this time, presided over these cuts in police numbers and is now saying that we have a problem - yes, we do have a problem, we should never have cut the police numbers.

But calling for a serving prime minister to resign three days before polling day may not seem particularly realistic and, when he was asked about May resigning for a second time, Corbyn said the election might be a better way of removing her. He said:

We’ve got an election on Thursday and that’s perhaps the best opportunity to deal with it.

Edited by Rayvin

That is ridiculous :lol:

As far as the terrorist attack's influence on the election goes, as much as I can't condone political point scoring from something like this, it has left May looking vulnerable and Corbyn has capitalised.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

As far as the terrorist attack's influence on the election goes, as much as I can't condone political point scoring from something like this, it has left May looking vulnerable and Corbyn has capitalised.

I think it's fair enough when you consider she was Home Secretary for 6 of the last 7 years. And if that article by Pilger was correct about her knowing about the 'Manchester Boys' and allowing their travel etc (I doubt we'll see any litigation off the back of it) then doubly so.

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't know about capitalising, his 2015 opposition to shoot to kill seems to be hitting all the bulletins.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I don't know about capitalising, his 2015 opposition to shoot to kill seems to be hitting all the bulletins.

He's firmly pinned this on May though. And to be honest, she looks pretty responsible to me, as far as policing goes anyway.

EDIT - and arguably other counter-terrorism strategies. Corbyn's views aside, May doesn't look great.

Edited by Rayvin

Just read up on it, I see the Tories are Google Ad-wording the crap out of that extract of an interview with Kuenssberg. Fair enough I suppose, they're both politicising it then. 

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just read up on it, I see the Tories are Google Ad-wording the crap out of that extract of an interview with Kuenssberg. Fair enough I suppose, they're both politicising it then. 

Its all pretty stupid anyway, Pandora's box is open and an extra 100,000 coppers isn't going to stop these sort of individuals doing this sort of thing.