2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I tend to think (and hope) that's a distinct possibility but you're looking at (at best) the same deal we have now with less (i.e. no) influence over future policy direction. 'Cracking' infers better than we currently have, which was never even a remote possibility.

It's all done man. They worked out the details at the G7.

Brexit wasn't big issue before the referendum (and the campaign that preceded it) which makes the idea to have a poll all the more ridiculous and it wasn't that big an issue at the General Election, when it should've been absolutely massive given the potential impact. Strange times indeed

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

It makes sense for you to be right.

But then again, nothing makes sense any more. We live in a post-sense world. 

You know when you're dealing with the surreal and nothing makes any sense that the Globalists are at work. :D

'They' are behind Corby now. Brexit is an existential threat to the EU.

Edited by Park Life

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

You know when you're dealing with the surreal and nothing makes any sense that the Globalists are at work. :D

'They' are behind Corby now. Brexit is an existential threat to the EU.

Is it though? I think the recent Euro elections would have put as lot of fears to bed. The EU will prosper in direct competition with us, especially as the US is gone. 

Corbyn's ambiguity over Brexit helped him win a lot of the former ukip vote. I'm sure JMcD had that in mind when he talked about leaving the single market. 

I think hard brexit is over now - can't see us leaving the single market or the customs union now - but wonder if labour maintaining this stance will ensure it keeps those voters. The anti austerity manifesto will ensure it keeps a good chunk of the vote share. Difficult balancing act though. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn's ambiguity over Brexit helped him win a lot of the former ukip vote. I'm sure JMcD had that in mind when he talked about leaving the single market. 

I think hard brexit is over now - can't see us but wonder if labour maintaining this stance will ensure it keeps those voters. The anti austerity manifesto will ensure it keeps a good chunk of the vote share. Difficult balancing act though. 

I think a lot of those who voted Brexit would sacrifice leaving for Corbyns manifesto.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Brexit wasn't big issue before the referendum (and the campaign that preceded it) which makes the idea to have a poll all the more ridiculous and it wasn't that big an issue at the General Election, when it should've been absolutely massive given the potential impact. Strange times indeed

There is an internecine war going on withing the Globalists. One side is Trump like and the other wants to continue down the Federalists path and trading blocks.

This has come about because the parked 'Capital' suddenly wants to re-enter the markets rather than get hunted down by the EU and others. Notice Trump kept going on about bringing the money back from offshore. The panic is also fanned by the coming Italian and Spanish banking crisis. Brexit was partly aided by Globalist camp 1 (the Trump line) because they were wondering if they could turn the UK into a kind of haven and draw a red line against EU Federalism which is getting more and more hot on legislation and tax against the Globalist fav fronts like Google and Apple and so on...They were also putting pressure on tax havens as has been documented for the past 3/4 years.

Side 2 has counter struck (Soros and the EU deep state) by making May call an election in order to push Brexit into the long grass.

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

There is an internecine war going on withing the Globalists. One side is Trump like and the other wants to continue down the Federalists path and trading blocks.

This has come about because the parked 'Capital' suddenly wants to re-enter the markets rather than get hunted down by the EU and others. Notice Trump kept going on about bringing the money back from offshore. The panic is also fanned by the coming Italian and Spanish banking crisis. Brexit was partly aided by Globalist camp 1 (the Trump line) because they were wondering if they could turn the UK into a kind of haven and draw a red line against EU Federalism which is getting more and more hot on legislation and tax against the Globalist fav fronts like Google and Apple and so on...They were also putting pressure on tax havens as has been documented for the past 3/4 years.

Side 2 has counter struck (Soros and the EU deep state) by making May call an election in order to push Brexit into the long grass.

Sounds very plausible

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Is it though? I think the recent Euro elections would have put as lot of fears to bed. The EU will prosper in direct competition with us, especially as the US is gone. 

Sorry I should have been more specific. The financial structure of the EU is heavily reliant on the City. London is juggling much paper and financial instruments in partnership with the ECB to keep the euro as a counter position to the dollar and pound. With the fragility of the Euro banks the London networks are holding together a kind of viability and confidence which will shatter if there is a hard Brexit. The Germans alone can't hold the euro together. Now the EU has an aggressive Trump who is looking to ditch some of its burdens on the other flank.

Edited by Park Life

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think hard brexit is over now - can't see us leaving the single market or the customs union now - but wonder if labour maintaining this stance will ensure it keeps those voters. The anti austerity manifesto will ensure it keeps a good chunk of the vote share. Difficult balancing act though. 

The way forward is to reform the EU not hobble the UK. :)

I'm hearing that the EU is ready for some reform.

I'd like to see a bit of common sense breaking out and the Tories offering to include Labour in the negotiations. It would mean that any final deal would sail through parliament and also means that neither side can use it to attack the other at the next elections. But it's probably too much to ask for.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I'd like to see a bit of common sense breaking out and the Tories offering to include Labour in the negotiations. It would mean that any final deal would sail through parliament and also means that neither side can use it to attack the other at the next elections. But it's probably too much to ask for.

If Labour said yes they would be slitting their own throats though. Better to leave the Tories to it and then shout when they fuck it all up. People are starting to think Amber Rudd is the intelligent on in the tories now. Just sit back and let them implode.

Royal Correspondents, delighted at having something to do, are lamenting that the Queen cancelled the Order of the Garter ceremony to make room for the speech which will now not happen on Monday and that she may miss some of Royal Ascot too!

A government source said the Queen’s speech needed a week’s lead time in order to be prepared, hinting it was likely it would be delayed by a few days. In order for the speech to be given as scheduled, the contents would need to be decided by Tuesday morning at the latest.

The Gracious Speech was historically written on vellum with ink that takes three days to dry, although is is now written on thick goatskin parchment paper which also needs several days to dry, meaning a speech cannot be amended last minute.

“The lead time is a very long one,” a government source said. “There is still a political cabinet to come, talks with the DUP, who need to be happy with the contents to ensure they will vote for it, and a full cabinet tomorrow. There is currently no fixed date.”

What the fuck is that bollocks?

Jesus get abolishing this nonsense into a manifesto somewhere please.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If Labour said yes they would be slitting their own throats though. Better to leave the Tories to it and then shout when they fuck it all up. People are starting to think Amber Rudd is the intelligent on in the tories now. Just sit back and let them implode.

Yeah but if the Tories made a public offer then it would be very difficult for Labour to say no.

Edited by ewerk

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What the fuck is that bollocks?

Jesus get abolishing this nonsense into a manifesto somewhere please.

:lol:

I'd have thought it would be in the Torys best interests to have it in wet ink? 

Do the speech, then "accidentally" smudge the living shit out it, to accommodate all future u-turns. 

Strong and Stable. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Simple "we will not let the Tories use us with a dubious offer to be made the scapegoats for any poor Brexit deal".

Then they would be painted as cowards who refuse to help us achieve a red, white and blue brexit.

Of course they would. The Tories would be seen to be reaching across the aisle in the interest of national stability and interest and Labour would be seen as being unpatriotic political opportunists.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Of course they would. The Tories would be seen to be reaching across the aisle in the interest of national stability and interest and Labour would be seen as being unpatriotic political opportunists.

Hang on, I thought you wanted this to happen ;)