Official EU negotiations Thread

Park Life

17 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Compare a nurses wage to a carer

in a Care home.

a policemans to a security guard.

lots of people in shops, offices and call centres can only dream of the pay and pensions of the public sector.

My teacher wife gets quite a bit less than I do and my job is a piece of piss.

On 01/07/2017 at 4:16 PM, Christmas Tree said:

Compare a nurses wage to a carer

in a Care home.

a policemans to a security guard.

lots of people in shops, offices and call centres can only dream of the pay and pensions of the public sector.

Are you being serious?

"Compare a postgraduate career versus one you can do without a GCSE to your name"

Aye, I wonder why one is slightly higher paid than the other?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Aye but to be fair to CT, he's not saying that it's unfair per se. He's just asking why anyone working in a shop or call centre should care about the public sector workers. I suspect he's right in that.

The problem really is that everyone has been so shafted for so long by fucking austerity that no one gives a fuck how much damage any of the recent political developments are doing. 

:lol:

Having said that, did anyone notice that China has just unilaterally cancelled the treaty we had with them over Hong Kong? That, I would argue, says everything we need to know about our place in the world post-Brexit. It's a travesty and only possible because we've castrated ourselves as far as international influence goes.

If we need to rely on Trump and China, we're going to get taken to the cleaners.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Aye but to be fair to CT, he's not saying that it's unfair per se. He's just asking why anyone working in a shop or call centre should care about the public sector workers. I suspect he's right in that.

The problem really is that everyone has been so shafted for so long by fucking austerity that no one gives a fuck how much damage any of the recent political developments are doing. 

Tbf, he's being a cunt as usual. Maybe before your time, but he's boasted in the past as earning £70k as a minicab driver. What's that, three times the salary of a paramedic? Yet it's the latter who need TEN fucking consecutive years of pay cuts to balance the books?

CT isn't being fair. He's an unskilled, ex-white gold, worker who doesn't pay income tax. He's also a landlord and owns an expensive house iirc, smokes bong, and gets his kicks winding other people up. NEVER be "fair" to CT.

:D

• Like 2

''Government insiders report a dramatic change of mood at the Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) since the general election, with growing Treasury influence helping force ministers to choose between prioritising economic interests or sovereignty.

This is in stark contrast to the public position of both main political parties, first set out in the Theresa May’s Lancaster House speech in January, in which she echoed Boris Johnson’s boast that Britain can “have its cake and eat it” – enjoying full trade access without conceding over immigration, courts and payments. Labour’s Jeremy Corbyn sacked three shadow ministers on Thursday for departing from a similar position.

Yet UK civil servants are now said to be presenting ministers with a more binary choice: accept political compromises similar to aspects of the European Economic Area (EEA), or settle for a much more limited trade deal such as the recent EU-Canada free trade agreement (Ceta).''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/02/british-officials-drop-cake-and-eat-it-approach-to-brexit-negotiations

On 02/07/2017 at 7:20 PM, Kid Dynamite said:

Are you being serious?

"Compare a postgraduate career versus one you can do without a GCSE to your name"

Aye, I wonder why one is slightly higher paid than the other?

A lot of taxi drivers would love to earn the same sort of money as Lewis Hamilton

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

A Conservative minister laments: “There is no plan, no strategy, no direction.”  

https://amp.ft.com/content/02f15952-6099-11e7-8814-0ac7eb84e5f1

"The person holding the party together is Jeremy Corbyn". Ironic.

"The poison is already running around the system. “We can work with half the Labour party and crush the fuckers,” says one Conservative MP, referring to his Eurosceptic colleagues. A leading pro-Brexit MP says he would not tolerate threats from the “wankers” on his party’s pro-European wing". Funny.

Declare war ffs! Paras - airdrop - Brussels. Sorted. :D

Had a beer with some Paras in Aldershot once. Basically you either get drunk fast so they don't see the fear or you run. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Declare war ffs! Paras - airdrop - Brussels. Sorted. :D

Had a beer with some Paras in Aldershot once. Basically you either get drunk fast so they don't see the fear or you run. :lol:

They sound cool