Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Well it’s not even a proper, answerable question really. I’m not suggesting it’s not a wider issue but again, it’s just the money involved that’s made it a ‘problem’. Nothing to do with the wider ethics of the relationship between the Saudis and their allies in the west 

It’s really not is it? I feel like sports journalists are really showing their limitations with the subject, which is hilarious given that they’re the vehicle by which “sportswashing” is achieved. 

It’s not the fan on the street spending his wage taking in the match which is the problem. It’s the journalist keeping their mouth shut because they want access or an expenses paid trip across the world. 

It’s easy to sensationalise & punch down, which is what we’ve seen through this entire takeover saga. Of course a fan wants to see their team do well….& funnily enough the other buzzword “whataboutery” is a crucial part of any discourse ever conducted unless you’re set on cutting down debate. 

“If it’s ok for Man City….why isn’t it ok for me?” Is a valid question. 

Shouting “sportswashed” or “whataboutery” isn’t a valid answer but people don’t want to get involved in the debate properly because the majority couldn’t give two shiny shites. 

If they did they’d get on to the government about it, their local MP….or our six fingered friends would protest at the BAE factory in Sunderland who’s weapons blow up  Yemenis. 

But they don’t. Because it’s about sports & that’s the level at which people engage & that’s the level at which most journalists are stuck.

Phil Mickleson May get stuck answering questions about Saudi atrocities, but that’s no different to Ollie Holt refusing to answer questions about his all expenses trip to the boxing or Delaney sodding off to Qatar. 

They believe there’s some kind of intrinsic exceptionalism because of their job but there’s  not. Especially when they don’t do their jobs properly because they want access to Pep etc etc 

• Like 6

Watching Neville's 29 Questions with David Beckham Overlap thing. First question. First question... 

What's your favourite TV show? 

Only Fools and Horses. 

Still? 

Well I love Friends but yeah Only Fools and Horses. 

:lol: He's such a basic cunt. As am I for fucking watching it. 

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Really? 

I’ve never got the massive love it tbh. 

Aye.  I usually have it on in the background.  I prefer the first few series.  Older stuff is shite.  Plus after seeing David Jason in person I think he's a cunt.

29 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I've never seen a full episode of that dreck.

I genuinely find it offensively unwatchable

I bet you're a Gavin and Stacey sort of man

The only thing I ever found funny about Gavin and Stacey was that people liked it 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye.  I usually have it on in the background.  I prefer the first few series.  Older stuff is shite.  Plus after seeing David Jason in person I think he's a cunt.

You started this paragraph loving it and by the end, you hate 60% of the show and hate the main star :lol: 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Salah PFA player of the year.

Went missing after his arse dropped out after the AFCON.

A bigger travesty's not having Son in team of the year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

A bigger travesty's not having Son in team of the year. 

:lol: Aye, that team of the year reeks of bias towards Liverpool. They have 6 Liverpool players in there, and 3 Man City ones. 

Besides the omission of Son, they also put Thiago in there over Rodri :lol: I’m sorry like but there’s no fucking argument for that either, Thiago played about half a season and Rodri was fucking incredible this season. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Aye, that team of the year reeks of bias towards Liverpool. They have 6 Liverpool players in there, and 3 Man City ones. 

Besides the omission of Son, they also put Thiago in there over Rodri :lol: I’m sorry like but there’s no fucking argument for that either, Thiago played about half a season and Rodri was fucking incredible this season. 

Absolutely, agreed on Rodi as well. Thiago is a decent player alright but he did struggle a bit when he arrived and he's more limited than Rodri imo. Rodri's scored some crucial goals as well. 

• Like 1

Pearson's latest update coming at you from BENIDORM! :lol:

"Hi guys welcome to the channuw for anuvva excitun video. Fanks for stickun wiv the channuw guys, smash that like button and stand by for all the Newcastle transfer news and a sticky vicky update. Wew, what a woman guys, lit a lightbub up wiv just her fanny. Unbelievable guys."

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Pearson's latest update coming at you from BENIDORM! :lol:

"Hi guys welcome to the channuw for anuvva excitun video. Fanks for stickun wiv the channuw guys, smash that like button and stand by for all the Newcastle transfer news and a sticky vicky update. Wew, what a woman guys, lit a lightbub up wiv just her fanny. Unbelievable guys."

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm fucking crying 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1