Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

It's the very first scene of the film and as soon as he came on I thought exactly that :lol: Thankfully the rest of it is infinitely better than this scene.

I will say that Anne Hathaway's scene where she sings 'I dreamed a dream' was moving and she acted the song as much as she sang it. That was a very good performance.

Lincoln

As a lefty liberal non-compromising do-gooder I enjoyed the Tommy Lee Jones strand of the story.

Interesting look at whether a president might defy the constitution for good, is it breaking the law or bending it? I'd heard it was the 3rd draft of the script that DD Lewis had signed up to which led me to look up when Spielberg started on the film. I was surprised to see he first started on the project prior to 9/11. Seemed to have a lot to say about post 9/11 politics. Obviously taking Lincoln as it's focus and point of comparison it was kind on presidents who make difficult short term decisions for longer term results. Lincoln was bending the constitution to end a war, to end slavery and maintain the union though, leaders of the US over the past decade (and longer) have done so in order to torture and go to war.

Lincoln - Dull. Very, very dull.

Overall it was an extremely slow moving, dimly lit, largely unmoving waste of time.

Thought a lot of it was bloody gorgeous. The indoors were dark but full of shadows & iconic silhouettes. The outdoors were like a 70s western.

Interview with the cinematographer

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/immersed-in-movies-cinematographer-janusz-kaminski-talks-lincoln

lincoln.jpg

lincoln5.jpg

lincolnhorse.jpg

Looper, The Bourne Legacy, On the Road, American Pie The Reunion, To Rome with Love.

Fell asleep during On The Road which i am gutted about. Watched something else but cant remember what it was :lol: My memory is fucked.

Edited by ChezGiven

The Last Stand - Average. Arnie's too old if truth be told

The Machinist - Wasn't expecting much but thought it was fairly good tbh

Flight - Started promisingly but was about an hour too long and got progressively shitter

Lincoln - can't fault the craft (cinematography/costume/production design) or the performances, (Day-Lewis & Lee Jones deserve oscars) but if like me you have zero interest in politics and even less in the history of American politics it's exceptionally hard work. If you're into that stuff you'll probably love it as it isn't a bad film, just a niche subject matter.

I'd have thought posting daily updates on your body fat % would qualify you too.

Being lean doesn't make as gay as enjoying musicals.

Anyway, at least I haven't gone as far as uploading the self shot torso pic. There are worse offenders than me in that thread

Automatic gay for that like, soz.

What does that even mean?

Dishing 'gay's out left right and centre at the thought of going to see a musical while simultaneously defending your right to harp on about the gym, you literally could not be acting more like a closet puddle jumper. :lol: