Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

These Japanese films you all watch....are they just full of long, drawn-out fight scenes or do they actually have decent stories?  Fight scenes in films are about as interesting as car chases in films to me.

164989[/snapback]

I'm far from knowlegable so I'm happy to be corrected but from what I can gather, there's 3 centres's of Asian film:-

Hong Kong tends to be more action oriented. More spectacle. The Hollywood of the East.

Japan has more of a classic heratige than a thriving business at the moment. Kurosawa, Ozu, Kobayashi, Mizoguchi etc. Very slow and brooding. What action there is, is realistic and in short bursts. At the moment their best export is the cartoons of Hayao Miyazaki, the slower yakuza films of Takeshi Kitano or the bizarre mind-fucks of Takashi Miike.

I think the most exciting area at the moment is South Korea. Kim Ki-duk, Chan-wook Park and that. A younger generation of director coming through.

Just finished watching Infernal Affairs.  It was decent enough.  Although I found myself wondering what it would have been like had it been English speaking. :lol:

165412[/snapback]

Dubbed movies are shite

fact-uppayaface-joe dolce style!

Just finished watching Infernal Affairs.  It was decent enough.  Although I found myself wondering what it would have been like had it been English speaking. :lol:

165412[/snapback]

Find out next summer when Scorsese's remake comes out.

165412[/snapback]

165435[/snapback]

ive got a copy of the lake house to watch - the korean original is pretty good.

Just finished watching Infernal Affairs.  It was decent enough.  Although I found myself wondering what it would have been like had it been English speaking. :quotes:

165412[/snapback]

165435[/snapback]

ive got a copy of the lake house to watch - the korean original is pretty good.

165443[/snapback]

that's not the one with Neo and sandra bollock is it? :lol:

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead mans chest

Very entertaining, much like the first, many laugh out loud moments, well set up for a third movie, good lighthearted fun.

Thumbs up !

Boyes was selling the Indiana Jones Trilogy on VHS today for £2.99. So il probably fall asleep watching the lost ark tonight.

Theres something about videos that is still special to me. reminds me of being a kid. watching the goonies or flight of the navigator on DVD doesnt have the same effect without the grainy screen and whirring video sound. I dont think il ever chuck my video collection, hopefully it will be as sacred as vinyl one day!!!

Monsters Inc (30th time) - Absolute quality, a must see.

165462[/snapback]

Wacky's right, thats superb film.

I'm watching series 1 of lost that i downloaded.

i like that hurley bloke - just about everything he says is funny.

its decent stuff - a bit more of a soap than what i was expecting.

'Harold and Maude' - From the 70's - death obsessed youth with an overbearing mother falls in love with an with an outgoing Octogenarian with tragi-comic consequences. Enjoyed it.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead mans chest

Very entertaining, much like the first, many laugh out loud moments, well set up for a third movie, good lighthearted fun.

Thumbs up !

165449[/snapback]

Too bloody long though.

If you can be arsed to hang around there's a funny scence at the end of the (very very long) credits.

hide and seek

but of fun like, although I wish bobby deniro would stop overacting these days!  its so unbecoming on a man of his stature!

166398[/snapback]

Canny film but the "twist"was a obvious considering the cast.

There also seemed to be glaring error in that when her off Cocktail came into the house Bobby was asleep in his study then all of a sudden he was in the cupboard!

Be Cool.

Not a patch on Get Shorty but I can't bring myself to dislike anything I've seen with Vince Vaughn in. The Rock was also good in it.

I also started watching They Live last night too but I passed out about five minutes in. I hadn't realised John Carpenter directed it so I will be definitely be looking out for it next time it's on.

Ghost Dog- Way of the Samurai.

:blush:

nuff said

although I still don't understand why the cartoons are important.... :D

hide and seek

but of fun like, although I wish bobby deniro would stop overacting these days!  its so unbecoming on a man of his stature!

166398[/snapback]

There also seemed to be glaring error in that when her off Cocktail came into the house Bobby was asleep in his study then all of a sudden he was in the cupboard!

Be Cool.

Not a patch on Get Shorty but I can't bring myself to dislike anything I've seen with Vince Vaughn in. The Rock was also good in it.

I also started watching They Live last night too but I passed out about five minutes in. I hadn't realised John Carpenter directed it so I will be definitely be looking out for it next time it's on.

166429[/snapback]

i didnt work it out tbh :blush: probably because of the errors which made it all a bit contrived :D

hide and seek

166398[/snapback]

Be Cool.

166429[/snapback]

i didnt work it out tbh :razz: probably because of the errors which made it all a bit contrived :D

166480[/snapback]

Tbh I missed the start but I just kept wondering why De Niro was playing this part. He just seemed to be being underused so I just assumed it must be him. I'm not usually very good at getting things this but I think it must of been because I didn't get involved in the film that much.

Btw if anyone hasn't seen this film don't read what I am writing because I am totally fucking up the ending for you :blush:

Just watched the proposition.

very good film - incredibly gorey in places for what is more or less a western ( but set in australia).

guy pearce seems to get better and better in every film. if anyone hasnt seen ravenous with pearce and robert carlisle, get it. brilliant stuff

Nearly downloaded clerks 2. Cant wait. I remember seeing clerks when i was like 13, and thinking it was the coolest film ever. Then after the likes of dogma and jay and silent bob every fucker started watching his films and he became cool. Which in a strange kind of way made him uncool.

Its the same with bands, you find one you love, but arent very popular, and you feel special, like youre in on some special secret. And then a month later Alan Robson is saying how cool they are on nightowls and it isnt the same again.

I remember how awesome i felt when i first got my ipod. For months I never saw another person with one, and people would always sneak a look to see what it was, and then *BOOM* every student in town got one for xmas!!! Fuckers

Ended up watching Dodgeball and then the classic that is True Romance round wor lasses house tonight as they were on Sky Movies. True Romance is easily one of my favourite films of all time, the scene with Walken in, one of my favourite actors :D:blush: