Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Would it be controversial to suggest that the Silence of the Lambs was nothing like as good as it was made out to be? I thought it was a decent thriller, but Jesus wept, the hype was incredible.

Would it be controversial to suggest that the Silence of the Lambs was nothing like as good as it was made out to be?  I thought it was a decent thriller, but Jesus wept, the hype was incredible.

169942[/snapback]

Maybe with hindsight. I thought it was a good film at the time though. Haven't even bothered watching the follow-up like.

It's poor.  The book was even worse than the film.  The follow-up that is.

169946[/snapback]

Agreed, how fucking weird was the ending? I thought it was a total cop-out.

Oh, and totally agree about the the film being over-hyped. Decent film, nothing more. I Remember when it was on tv, the mother asking me what the inmate next to Lecter had flung at Starling. Jesus Wept. :blush:

Beverley Hills Cop 2  :blush:

169947[/snapback]

Saw the last half of that a week or so ago. Has that not been on BBC twice in a fortnight?

169946[/snapback]

Oh, and totally agree about the the film being over-hyped. Decent film, nothing more. I Remember when it was on tv, the mother asking me what the inmate next to Lecter had flung at Starling. Jesus Wept. :blush:

169952[/snapback]

:lol: Hair gel. What was your response?

Aye it was just complete crap. I was bored pretty much right from the start of the book, but felt duty-bound to finish it.

Something along the lines of "If you can't figure it out for yourself, I'm not saying."

Something about Mary hair gel - aye.

169946[/snapback]

169952[/snapback]

Aye it was just complete crap. I was bored pretty much right from the start of the book, but felt duty-bound to finish it.

169956[/snapback]

didnt faith no more do a song about him - 'jizzlobber' or something? :lol:

Something along the lines of "If you can't figure it out for yourself, I'm not saying."

Something about Mary hair gel - aye.

169960[/snapback]

That's the classic response when you don't actually know the answer yourself. I bet she was sat there thinking "The little twat hasn't got a clue. So it is." :blush:

169946[/snapback]

169952[/snapback]

169956[/snapback]

didnt faith no more do a song about him - 'jizzlobber' or something? :lol:

169961[/snapback]

Didn't know that, just thought it was an ode to wanking in general. A fucking class band like.

That's the classic response when you don't actually know the answer yourself.  I bet she was sat there thinking "The little twat hasn't got a clue.  So it is." :blush:

169964[/snapback]

:lol:

Honestly though, am I the only one with extremely naive parents? They're relatively chilled out about sex and drugs (and disco :lol:) but they don't have a fucking clue, I wonder how I got here sometimes...

mine have just reverted to stereotypical grumpy old bastards to be honest.

"Modern" music is shite, modern films are shite, modern tv is shite

but they'll class Sigur Ros as "modern" music

oh aye, they like Jamie CUllum.. he's alright :blush:

I watched Short Circuit last night :getting:

I've got that Oldboy thing from Screenselect to watch tonight.  If it's no good, heads will ROLL on here.

170317[/snapback]

I think you'll like it mate, I really enjoyed it and I have impeccable taste (see above) :blush:

The Thing is class. I remember watching that when I was a kid, staying at my gran's one night. She also let us watch Halloween and got bollocked off my mam for it. :blush:

Just read the synopsis on Old Boy on Amazon and it sounds like a good concept at least. I wasn't even sure what it was about when I put it on my queue at Screenselect. Will report back.

John Carpenter is a good composer too I reckon (wrote the scores for all his movies iirc). I like his moody early 80's electro stuff.

John Carpenter is a good composer too I reckon (wrote the scores for all his movies iirc). I like his moody early 80's electro stuff.

170334[/snapback]

Might as well be good at something now he has lost the plot at directing,

The Thing was excellent though. One of my favs.

170334[/snapback]

Might as well be good at something now he has lost the plot at directing,

The Thing was excellent though. One of my favs.

170337[/snapback]

Aye, his old stuff is pretty good.

The Thing, Halloween, The Fog, Escape From New York & Big Trouble In Little Chine are all classics tbh.

Gem, what's Screenselect and why haven't I heard of it?

170379[/snapback]

Same music in each film tbh.

Edited by Lazarus

www.screenselect.co.uk

It's a way of renting DVDs through the post.  It's good. :blush:

170384[/snapback]

There's hundreds. You get a free trial period from them all so you can go a year without paying a penny...

http://dvdrental.cd-wow.com/ - 30 Days

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/subs/rentals/he...2508887-6433228 - Month

http://www.tescodvdrental.com/visitor/home.html - 14 days

http://www.lovefilm.com/ - 14 days

http://www.screenselect.co.uk/visitor/home.html - 5 free rentals

http://www.dvdtohome.co.uk/ - BOGOF

Etc....Etc...