Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

www.screenselect.co.uk

It's a way of renting DVDs through the post.  It's good. :lol:

170384[/snapback]

Ah I see, I thought it was some sort of sattelite channel.

I did the free trial for the blockbuster one a while ago just after I got a dvd rewriter and got myself free copies of Finding Neverland, The Bourne Supremacy and Eternal Sunshine :blush:

If you aren't swapping around for the free trials Screenselect are a rip off though.

These are the best prices...

Limited 3 DVDs a month: Amazon*/Cinema Paradiso* are £5.99

Limited 4 DVDs a month: Amazon*/Cinema Paradiso* are £7.99

Unlimited 1 DVD: Sainsbury’s/Tesco* are cheapest at £7.97

Unlimited 2 DVD: Sainsbury’s/Tesco* are cheapest at £11.47

Unlimited 3 DVD: Sainsbury’s/Tesco* are cheapest at £13.97

Screenselect is unlimited, so how many you get a month is just a function of how quick you can get them watched and sent back. The best thing about these online things though is having the list. Whenever I went to the video shop, there was always loads of things I wanted to see, but the minute I walked through the door of the shop, they all left my head. With this thing, if someone mentions something or you remember about something you've wanted to see for ages, it just goes on the list.

Limited to the amount you can get per month is it not?

Do box sets class as one rental on Amazon?  I was tempted to joing so I could get the Angel box sets and copy them for wor lass if they do.

170409[/snapback]

Got it now d'oh :blush:

Box sets don't count as one - it's one DVD per rental unless it's something like 'Once Upon A Time In America' where the film itself is spread over two dics (i.e. if you want the DVD extras that are the 2nd disc you have rent that sepparately). Btw your lass has the same shitty taste in telly as mine it would appear :lol:

Mysterious Skin. Follows the differing life trajectories of two people abused by their baseball coach as boys. Beautifully filmed and with the main roles really - I mean really - well played, but fairly disturbing too, not least because one of the characters effectively romanticises/mythologises the relationship he had with the coach, which is the closest I've seen a film get to addressing the paedophile-as-ersatz-father-figure dynamic this side of L.I.E. - and that was consensual adult/teen sex rather than ultimately damaging abuse (albeit with the damage not recognised as such until later on). Tough viewing, but pretty rewarding in the end.

Watched Clerks 2 earlier this week. Enjoyed it. Not as good as the first one, but thats to be expected. The A2M bit seemed a tad overdone, like the desperately wanted to put something "taboo" in the film. There was something about Rosario Dawson when she was doing that dancing bit though.

Young Guns.  Best western ever fact!

171668[/snapback]

:lol:

171673[/snapback]

Don't worry when I said fact what I actually meant was complete lie.

I do like it a lot but it comes a million miles behind The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Once Upon A Time In The West, the two Dollars films, Rio Bravo, Eldorado (essentially the same film as Rio Bravo), Unforgiven etc.

I do like more than the vastly overated The Searchers though!

Young Guns.  Best western ever fact!

171668[/snapback]

:lol:

171673[/snapback]

Don't worry when I said fact what I actually meant was complete lie.

I do like it a lot but it comes a million miles behind The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Once Upon A Time In The West, the two Dollars films, Rio Bravo, Eldorado (essentially the same film as Rio Bravo), Unforgiven etc.

I do like more than the vastly overated The Searchers though!

171698[/snapback]

I thought you were joking mate, it's a good laugh though I agree.

Superman Returns. Now, I know this got a bit of a slagging so I expected very little from it, but I actually really liked it. :lol: Yes, the kid is just doing a bad Christopher Reeve impression (and his bumbling Clark Kent is RUBBISH) but I liked it. Loved the retro intro.

Superman Returns. Now, I know this got a bit of a slagging so I expected very little from it, but I actually really liked it.  :lol: Yes, the kid is just doing a bad Christopher Reeve impression (and his bumbling Clark Kent is RUBBISH) but I liked it. Loved the retro intro.

171705[/snapback]

Empire reviewed it very favourably.