Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I think Full Metal Jacket and 2001 are quality tbh. Prefer the former to Platoon - which scooped all the Oscars iirc.

Platoon pisses on it for me. It works as a whole film wheras FMJ is two halves one of which is far superior to the other.

I didn't get 2001 at all.

I recored Barry Lyndon on Sunday so I will give that a go when I get time.

I've put 2001 on my Screenselect list.

I'm predicting a critical mauling from you.

I've got a feeling that it's going to feel like I'm having to force myself to watch til the end. Am I right?

When I watch it, I can't take my eyes off it. It still looks fantastic 40 years on. But then I also love Dogville (the one without any sets where they talk to an imaginary dog) which you found preposterous. Understanding it helps you enjoy it like, so I'd recommend this....

http://www.kubrick2001.com/

I think Full Metal Jacket and 2001 are quality tbh. Prefer the former to Platoon - which scooped all the Oscars iirc.

Platoon pisses on it for me. It works as a whole film wheras FMJ is two halves one of which is far superior to the other.

I like Platoon too btw and I agree that FMJ is a film in two halves but I think it works well all the same. First time I saw 2001 I was a little kid and it blew me away. Seen it since a couple of times and still thought it looked amazing, bit of an 'under the influence' type of movie though, if you know what I mean :gay:

Humanitarian mission here Scott-I'll save you the bother of wasting three hours of your life on 2001. It's an awesome film but it is definitely too high brow for you to get anything meaningful or enjoyable out of it. At best you'll like the monkeys at the start.

Humanitarian mission here Scott-I'll save you the bother of wasting three hours of your life on 2001. It's an awesome film but it is definitely too high brow for you to get anything meaningful or enjoyable out of it. At best you'll like the monkeys at the start.

:gay: You complete wanker!

I like Platoon too btw and I agree that FMJ is a film in two halves but I think it works well all the same. First time I saw 2001 I was a little kid and it blew me away. Seen it since a couple of times and still thought it looked amazing, bit of an 'under the influence' type of movie though, if you know what I mean :gay:

You saying I should have watched it one night when I came in from the Shindig <_<

I'll try watching it pissed.

:gay: You complete wanker!

Total headbanger tbh

Currently watching Sexy Beast for the first time.... loving it so far.

Class film.

Ben Kingsley is fucking awesome in it.

Aye, the others are good in it (even Lovejoy!) but he steals the show.

Currently watching Sexy Beast for the first time.... loving it so far.

Class film.

Ben Kingsley is fucking awesome in it.

Aye, the others are good in it (even Lovejoy!) but he steals the show.

Lovejoy's a legend just for being Al in Deadwood!

Trading Places.

Bit of classic Eddie Murphy mixed in with a fine pair of norks owned by Jamie-Lee Curtis.

Fantastic movie.

I'm a big fan of John Landis, he's done some great films, American werewolf in London, Animal House, The Blues Brothers, Coming to America and the classic: The Kentucky Fried Movie !!

Superb !