Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Even Jersey girl is canny.

I saw it last night for the first time. I knew from the reviews it was going to be terrible but being a Kevin Smith film I held out some hope for it only to be sadly disappointed.

World Trade Centre

Really don't want to see this, I know that it will be done tastefully, I know it has the right director to document the horror, drama and heroism that was born on that day, but for me, it's too soon.

Someone told me it was all a little too "America is great" for his liking, which I would have thought came with the territory, which is another reason for me to avoid it.

this and "Flight 109 (or whatever)" come too soon on the heels of the event in my eyes and while I appreciate that nobody is making these films with cynical motives in mind, I still wouldn't be able to draw anything from the experience.

the last film I watched was True Lies..... now that's how you deal with Terrorists.... GO ARNIE!

:angry:

World Trade Centre

Really don't want to see this, I know that it will be done tastefully, I know it has the right director to document the horror, drama and heroism that was born on that day, but for me, it's too soon.

Someone told me it was all a little too "America is great" for his liking, which I would have thought came with the territory, which is another reason for me to avoid it.

this and "Flight 109 (or whatever)" come too soon on the heels of the event in my eyes and while I appreciate that nobody is making these films with cynical motives in mind, I still wouldn't be able to draw anything from the experience.

the last film I watched was True Lies..... now that's how you deal with Terrorists.... GO ARNIE!

There wasn't a stars and stripes to be seen. I've heard all this stuff about it being pro-American, but it's just pro-humanitarian.

I could hardly bear it until the first tower came down, thought I was going to be sick. I'd recommend it to everyone though.

Nude for Satan

Couldn't sleep lastnight (even the presleep tug failed) flicked through the free movie channels on sky and the name of this one caught my eye.

Only watched out of curiosity you understand....

That's exactly how I feel, I would just feel wrong watching them, though I'm not judging anyone else for doing so. Regarding the last highlight, the only thing I would say is, people are still making money from these movies, unless all the profits are going to the victim's families? Which I would be happy to hear.

In the last week I've watched:

Silent Hill - Not as bad as I expected, I think it's based on the second game, as I played a bit of that and I recognised parts of it up until the school. It has brilliantly recreated the game, some of the frames were instantly recognisable, kudos for that; but it fails to replicate the game in one pretty key area, it's not very scary, when the game scared the shit out of me. I seriously don't know if I'd play that game alone, it's as scary as Resident Evil (the game) was supposed to be. I did like the underlying message, so overall, glad I watched it.

Final Destination 3 - Usual fare (ho ho), I enjoyed it. It's not gone stale on the third installment, the new director (who also did the original Saw) probably helped.

Thank you for Smoking - Fantastic movie, I laughed a lot, Rob Lowe's character in particular was fucking hilarious, I don't think I stopped laghing while he was on screen.

Beerfest

Hilarious i thought especially when the whore grandma starts playing with sausages. But the idea of showing binge drinking in film is a fabulous idea and i loved it. Got to get to octoberfest in the coming years thats for sure!

That's exactly how I feel, I would just feel wrong watching them

Yet you'll watch someone get their head lopped off. :lol:

Yet you'll watch someone get their head lopped off. :lol:

I can explain the difference to you, if you'd like.

Edited by ObaGol

I might not read it though. Just so you know. :lol:

See, no interest, just looking for an easy wind-up. You'll have to try a lot fucking harder while the Roedent is running things at Newcastle. :D

Guest Patrokles

Can't help but shake the feeling that WTC is something of a cynical cash-in, at least on some level. I far prefer to see things like that presented as documentaries rather than dramatizations.

Can't help but shake the feeling that WTC is something of a cynical cash-in, at least on some level. I far prefer to see things like that presented as documentaries rather than dramatizations.

I think Michael Moore has proved that documentary makers can also be cash-hungry fame-whores.

I think Michael Moore has proved that documentary makers can also be cash-hungry fame-whores.

Yeah he's been on tv non stop since Fahrenheit 911, and dresses like P Diddy doesn't he.

Yeah he's been on tv non stop since Fahrenheit 911, and dresses like P Diddy doesn't he.

No, you're probably thinking of Mandy Moore.

Guest Patrokles

I think that Michael Moore is the exception. I was referring more to 'proper' documentaries where the maker isn't the star.

I think that Michael Moore is the exception. I was referring more to 'proper' documentaries where the maker isn't the star.

I think you're right, I just wanted to have a go at Michael Moore tbh.

Way to go all you dudes giving WTC a slagging before seeing it.

don't thinki anyone slagged the acting/direction/cinematography itself

I think it's the idea of the film that offends or breeds anxiety with them.

it's not right to say that people are slagging the Film

I don't know if that's aimed at me, but I've said I'm personally uncomfortable with the idea of watching a movie about 9/11 this soon after, I haven't critisised anyone else for doing so. How anyone could think I need to see the movie to feel that way, or even have a problem with the opinion, to be honest, I just don't fucking understand.

Watched Dogma again last night, quality film. I really like everything Kevin Smith has done. Even Jersey girl is canny.

First hour of J&SBSB is pretty cack, but it gets going.

I thought Mallrats was terrible.

It is in some ways and is obviously an attempt to make a Kevin Smith film with studio restrictions. But Jason Lee is fantastic as are Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes. The rest of it is way too cheesy though.

I don't know if that's aimed at me, but I've said I'm personally uncomfortable with the idea of watching a movie about 9/11 this soon after, I haven't critisised anyone else for doing so. How anyone could think I need to see the movie to feel that way, or even have a problem with the opinion, to be honest, I just don't fucking understand.

:lol:

You never really commented on the film, let alone slagged it off.