Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

GET CARTER

Canny. Already seen all the best bits, and there's not really much more to it than the set pieces and some very strange graffitti.

HOOP DREAMS

Excellent documentary that follows two extremely talented 14 year old inner city kids (William and Arthur) to see if they can make it to the NBA. Against a backdrop of poverty, drugs, teenage pregnancy, gun crime and abuse the kids and their mothers come accross better than anyone else around them. They both get sent to a private school on partial scholarships, but where William has a sponsor to cover the rest of the costs, Arthur has to leave as his parents debts mount and they can't keep up payments. If the coach thought Arthur had the talent then the costs would not be a factor, but lack of development means it's not difficult to drop him. What happens over the next 3 or 4 yrears is surprising, inspirational and emotional. The film was on more top ten lists in '94 than Pulp Fiction, was Roger Ebert's film of the 90's and inspired a change in how the Oscars are voted for when outrage that it didn't win Best Oscar was so strong. Highly recommended.

Match Point last night, very enjoyable; becoming a bit of a fan of Allen's now, might try some of his early stuff again.

192303[/snapback]

I thought Match Point was just alright tbh. The lad in the main role was so wooden.

Watched 'Sex and Lucia' directed by some Basque bloke (Julio Medem I think) who also did 'Lovers of the Arctic Circle' which is also class. Follows similar themes of fate/coincidence and it also looks great and is brilliantly acted. Really enjoyed it.

EDIT: Divvent watch it with your mam and dad though :blink:

Edited by alex

I thought Match Point was just alright tbh.  The lad in the main role was so wooden.

192319[/snapback]

I think he needed to be, the scene between him and Johansson when they first meet is cringeworthy as well, but I think they're supposed to be like that.

Cheers HF, might take a look (if it's decent the ads will spol it though!) I'm really looking to watch a couple of his 70s/early 80s films.

Saing Private Ryan last night.  This film is sooooo good and still brings a tear to my eye.

193406[/snapback]

If you enjoy Private Ryan, you should take a look at Band of brothers, bloody brilliant series.

Leprechaun. As in "I'm the leprechaaaaaaaauuuuuun". :nono:

Absolute shit. I actually watched it on fast forward on Sky +.

Searching for sexy leprechaun shenanigans, FACT!

The Wind That Shakes the Barley, good, not great.