Toon V Blackburn Rovers FA Cup 3rd Round

trooper

19 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Why sign him then if he didn't think he was good enough? Don't say numbers as there were plenty of options on the market other than him. You can hand on heart say he's got his tactics right in every home game this season? Honestly? Because you are full of fucking shit in your strange defence of the manager.

No manager is beyond questioning. I would ask who else was available for the same price, better than Muto and young enough for Ashley to accept?

Rafa expected to sell Mitro and have the money available to reinvest, the fact that he didn’t is certainly not his fault.

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Not one person answered whether his tactics have been right in the home games this season :lol: Little holier than thou Ewerk retreats to his rock when he gets found out.

Probably because no one said they had been. Asking a stupid fucking question that gets ignored doesn’t prove what you appear to think it does 

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

It's hardly a stupid question, discussing tactics to try and actually win games to stay in the division :lol: This is getting ridiculous lads.

I will admit, I’m not a big viewer of matches featuring mid table cloggers / relegation fodder*. Who these days is playing two up front on a limited budget and is succeeding? Genuine question.

*Other than Newcastle.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

It's hardly a stupid question, discussing tactics to try and actually win games to stay in the division :lol: This is getting ridiculous lads.

I honestly hope you’re being deliberately obtuse but, somehow, I doubt it

20 minutes ago, zerosum said:

what’s happened to kenedy this season? he’s absolutely fucking shite. And murphy, what on earth rafa bought him for, no idea. 

Yup, we haven't had the benefit of last year's version of Kenedy.

They bought Murphy because he likely was the cheapest Englishman available to fill the quota. At least that's what I want to believe because he's not a Premiership level player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Your right Rafa isn't without blame he should at the very least have dragged Joselu's sorry arse off at the 50 minute mark & replaced in with Rondon. But let's also give the guy a break he's been thoroughly shafted by Ashley for the 3 seasons he's been here. He must question himself as to what the hell he's done to deserve this.

15 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I just can't believe people can't criticise him, it's very strange indeed.

I agree something needs to change at the moment. But, he’s not got much to choose from bar the younguns. ... when we’ve had our “first” team fit and present (no ki away, fernandez injured) we pulled ourselves out of the shit. Just hope we have them all back playing for when we get past chelsea/man c etc. 

6 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Yup, we haven't had the benefit of last year's version of Kenedy.

They bought Murphy because he likely was the cheapest Englishman available to fill the quota. At least that's what I want to believe because he's not a Premiership level player.

How much did we spend on him? was it 12 mill or something? :o

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Which is basically nothing in premier league terms. Despite some wearside tramps that like to highlight those fees as astronomical 

True. But still... he looks like he’s worth a bag of chips 

1 minute ago, zerosum said:

True. But still... he looks like he’s worth a bag of chips 

Taking any young player from the Championship to the PL involves  a lot of risk. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. The problem shouldn’t be that it’s one of the biggest fees paid under Rafa when you have clubs like Bournemouth spunking £20m on English potential who’ve made a handful of first team appearances.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Taking any young player from the Championship to the PL involves  a lot of risk. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. The problem shouldn’t be that it’s one of the biggest fees paid under Rafa when you have clubs like Bournemouth spunking £20m on English potential who’ve made a handful of first team appearances.

Can I not moan without being corrected 

33 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I just can't believe people can't criticise him, it's very strange indeed.

I can,  and I do,   but always put my tin hat on in anticipation of the short planks that come at me. :)

You're very welcome to criticise Rafa, I'm just puzzled to what comes after that. 

1. Person criticises manager on internet 

2. ????

3. Things suddenly get better 

underpants-gnomes-business-plan.png