the press, both the sycophants and those that touch on the truth...

thebrokendoll

not sure if there's already a thread for this?

a lot of what gets said seems to get buried in who it applies to, so just in case it deserves a slot of its own...

according to the mag, craig hope has upset the fat lad, take your pick on whether that's ashley or bruce or some hideous, grotesque amalgamation of the pair of thems cholesterol.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/03/mike-ashley-bans-reporter-due-to-negative-newcastle-united-coverage/

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Hopeless cunts. All of them.

to quote (sort of) snowball and napoleon...

all reporters are cunts, but some reporters are more cuntish than others.

occasionally they get it right as opposed to staggeringly wrong.

24 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

to quote (sort of) snowball and napoleon...

all reporters are cunts, but some reporters are more cuntish than others.

occasionally they get it right as opposed to staggeringly wrong.

Big 'Man from UNCLE' fan, eh? ;)

• Haha 4

On 07/03/2020 at 11:53, thebrokendoll said:

not sure if there's already a thread for this?

a lot of what gets said seems to get buried in who it applies to, so just in case it deserves a slot of its own...

according to the mag, craig hope has upset the fat lad, take your pick on whether that's ashley or bruce or some hideous, grotesque amalgamation of the pair of thems cholesterol.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/03/mike-ashley-bans-reporter-due-to-negative-newcastle-united-coverage/

ASM was fit after all.

Ashley will no doubt do the right thing and cancel the ban.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/03/allan-saint-maximin-confirms-he-wasnt-happy-to-be-dropped-for-the-burnley-match-newcastle-united/

Edited by Tdansmith

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

The player said he felt fit - hardly the same.  Bruce got slated for playing ASM after his hamsting issue.  Now he's getting slated for not playing him.

There isnt a manager in the world that wouldnt pick him out of our lot.  Think about it. It was 100% the press shit stiring.  Notice the article was taken down after their jorno said they didnt say there was a falling out.

Is player not happy with not being picked a story?

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

The player said he felt fit - hardly the same.  Bruce got slated for playing ASM after his hamsting issue.  Now he's getting slated for not playing him.

There isnt a manager in the world that wouldnt pick him out of our lot.  Think about it. It was 100% the press shit stiring.  Notice the article was taken down after their jorno said they didnt say there was a falling out.

Craig Hope implied ASM was not happy at being dropped, you're correct what player would be happy at that.
 But Bruce implied he was having trouble with his hamstring

That was just a blatant lie.

That's why Bruce is getting slated. That's why it is a story. 

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

The story was never taken down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8066925/Allan-Saint-Maximins-Newcastle-future-doubt-manager-fallout.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Craig Hope has been a bell end about the whole story tbh. He’s changed his tune about 4 times now 

Really? I don’t have noticed this. Seems that Saint-Maximin’s comments do rather prove him right tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Craig Hope has been a bell end about the whole story tbh. He’s changed his tune about 4 times now 

it's a fucking nightmare I'll grant you that.

I mean, do you give credibility to a reporter from a newspaper you normally wouldn't even entertain as a catalyst to light the garden bonfire?

or do you believe a morally bankrupt, complicit fat liar with a history of stitching up his employers to feather his own nest, including those who've supported him through the death of his parents. a man who's continuously told us he's not a puppet to an absolute cunt on an uunprecedented scale and that that cunt is in actual fact a nice bloke? 

it's like being stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

I mean it's pretty much been confirmed that Hope's story was right. Bruce lied to fans, about as much evidence as you need that he's part of the Ashley culture of treating us all with contempt.

How anybody can criticise Hope for this is bizarre. What do we want from the media? Shite like this instead? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I mean it's pretty much been confirmed that Hope's story was right. Bruce lied to fans, about as much evidence as you need that he's part of the Ashley culture of treating us all with contempt.

How anybody can criticise Hope for this is bizarre. What do we want from the media? Shite like this instead? 

what pisses me off every bit as much about bruce/the local press and their apparent disregard for the truth is also their uncanny knack to make things disappear altogether.

7 months of bruce now and we haven't heard a solitary word on the fact our academy/training facilities are fucking light years behind that of our penniless third division neigjbours.

not puppets though. definitely not.

• Like 1

I know objectivity is in short supply from broken doll/whiff when it comes to Bruce but....

- Craig hope wrote “ASMs future is in doubt at the club after he was dropped following a fallout with Bruce, amid frustrations at his efforts in training”

- An article in the mag, with no direct quotes, saying ASM is disappointed not to play every game does not confirm the above statement. 

Hopes been back-pedalling for 2 days now arguing semantics and downgrading the story from “ASMs future being in doubt” to him being a bit huffed cos he came off the bench instead of starting. 

He works for the Daily Mail and has clearly pulled this story out of his arse to generate clicks 

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I know objectivity is in short supply from broken doll/whiff when it comes to Bruce but....

- Craig hope wrote “ASMs future is in doubt at the club after he was dropped following a fallout with Bruce, amid frustrations at his efforts in training”

- An article in the mag, with no direct quotes, saying ASM is disappointed not to play every game does not confirm the above statement. 

A. You’ve made that quote up, it isn’t in Hope’s article.

B. There are direct quotes in The Mag stating that ASM saying he wasn’t happy to not be playing.

C. You’ve been a Bruce apologist for quite a while. Stop trying to be contrary and making shite up.

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

44 minutes ago, ewerk said:

B. There are direct quotes in The Mag stating that ASM saying he wasn’t happy to not be playing.

I didn’t realise the article continued after the jump sorry. 

“I stay on the bench against Burnley, and after, it’s normal, when you don’t play, you cannot be happy“

Vs

“Newcastle star Allan Saint-Maximin's future in doubt after fallout with Steve Bruce”

53E762FC-FCF2-4E4D-AC0C-973EEADD23E0.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

“I stay on the bench against Burnley, and after, it’s normal, when you don’t play, you cannot be happy“

Vs

“Newcastle star Allan Saint-Maximin's future in doubt after fallout with Steve Bruce”

ASM sleeps with the fishes 

7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Vs

Did Hope write that though? Thought it was generally accepted that somebody else wrote the headline and that that's common practice. Can't see that quote in the body of the article.

Does any of this detract from the fact that he wasn't injured?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

• 2 months later...

press/fanzines roughly the same?

anyway, really like this rousing article by michael martin in truefaith. 

I know martin stood down as editor for truefaith as he pissed a lot of folk off in twitter world apparently, but credit where it's due and hat doffed accordingly.....

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/takeover-the-north-will-rise-again/

• Thanks 1