Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think they're saying if you are in a high risk group that qualifies you to have a flu jab (that includes being over 70), you should get it now if you haven't already? You can get these viruses concomitantly which could well be fatal. That said, flu season is almost over. I had mine in October. 

Yeah I had mine in the autumn too...there's zero fuckin clarity..what a fuckin mess..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah I had mine in the autumn too...there's zero fuckin clarity..what a fuckin mess..

I don't really have asthma. I'm diagnosed and need relievers occasionally, but it's really an allergy to pets. I've tried for 10 years to get this diagnosis quashed so the nagging annual check up letters stop, but to no avail. Not possible apparently, an asthma diagnosis is for life. [This is because of QoF btw, free money for GP practices].

But if I'm included in this then literally millions of others are too;  as you say, theres fuck all clarity. I'm lucky, I'm on full pay if I'm forced to be off. Quite fancy 3 months off tbh. 

Edited by Renton

What is our government doing? What is the point of asking people to stay home but keeping everything open so nobody pays attention while our children continue to go school and spread the virus? In what way does any of this flatten the peak, as they keep suggesting? They’re talking about transparency but I’ve yet to hear anyone persuasively explain why we are doing things differently to everyone else

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

What is our government doing? What is the point of asking people to stay home but keeping everything open so nobody pays attention while our children continue to go school and spread the virus? In what way does any of this flatten the peak, as they keep suggesting? They’re talking about transparency but I’ve yet to hear anyone persuasively explain why we are doing things differently to everyone else

They're doing what they do, procrastinating and passing the buck. Its pathetic. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

His best bit was about the UK leading an international effort to fight the virus and to mitigate the economic effects - absolutely no evidence offered. 

Also the economy is in much better shape to handle this than it was in 2008 -  you fucking what? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't really have asthma. I'm diagnosed and need relievers occasionally, but it's really an allergy to pets. I've tried for 10 years to get this diagnosis quashed so the nagging annual check up letters stop, but to no avail. Not possible apparently, an asthma diagnosis is for life.

But if I'm included in this then literally millions of others are too;  as you say, theres fuck all clarity. I'm lucky, I'm on full pay if I'm forced to be off. Quite fancy 3 months off tbh. 

I’m in a weird position...we Tupee across to our current client (NHS Property Services)on the 1st April. I’ve got just about enough sick days left to get me there but they want us to sign new contracts with new T & Cs but havent fuckin shown us them yet. I’ve no idea if I’ll get paid beyond the end of this month if I’ve to be off for 3 fuckin months 😞

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

His best bit was about the UK leading an international effort to fight the virus and to mitigate the economic effects - absolutely no evidence offered. 

Also the economy is in much better shape to handle this than it was in 2008 -  you fucking what? 

CT nodding so much at that point his neck probably snapped. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’m in a weird position...we Tupee across to our current client (NHS Property Services)on the 1st April. I’ve got just about enough sick days left to get me there but they want us to sign new contracts with new T & Cs but havent fuckin shown us them yet. I’ve no idea if I’ll get paid beyond the end of this month if I’ve to be off for 3 fuckin months 😞

Are your new T&Cs better or worse than your old ones? If worse, I believe you've got 3 years guaranteed rights under TUPE. Surely that includes sick pay? Honestly though you need to talk to a solicitor or union rep I think. You should be okay imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Russia is full to the brim of lying arseholes. I wouldn't believe a single statistic that country comes up with. 

Lying arseholes with big pockets, isn't that right the conservative party?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Btw, these tory cunts can't wait to get rid of TUPE rights next year. Just watch, the usual idiots will lap up the loss of the average persons rights too. 

Tupe can be used the other way as well. We merged with another workforce and they were expecting our T&C's which were a bit better, (redundancy package four times better), our company said....

......They told the the lads from the old company they'd be on the same T&C's as tupe demands. So a workers right which is usually a good thing was used to save a few quid when they knew redundancy was going to be an issue in the near future. God bless capitalism. It always finds a way.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Are your new T&Cs better or worse than your old ones? If worse, I believe you've got 3 years guaranteed rights under TUPE. Surely that includes sick pay? Honestly though you need to talk to a solicitor or union rep I think. You should be okay imo. 

We had “one on one” interviews with NHSPS last month, they just wanted us to sign a bit of paper accepting the new T&Cs. “Can I see the contract please?” I chirped up. “No we can’t show you the contract!” Came the reply :lol:

As you say, I can tupe across on my current contract  but they plainly want us on these new ones ASAP. The thing in our advantage is they’re chronically short of engineers anyway and now this virus shit. But that is also now a disadvantage as opportunities to jump ship are going to be fewer than before Bunter started piping up at tea time 

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Tupe can be used the other way as well. We merged with another workforce and they were expecting our T&C's which were a bit better, (redundancy package four times better), our company said....

......They told the the lads from the old company they'd be on the same T&C's as tupe demands. So a workers right which is usually a good thing was used to save a few quid when they knew redundancy was going to be an issue in the near future. God bless capitalism. It always finds a way.

:lol:

At the last 2 sentences, not your situation. So true  Protect the floor, not the ceiling I guess. FWIW 95% of the time the company doing the acquisition are more ruthless and have worse T&Cs, in my experience. Obviously not always. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

3suav7.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have they said owt about help for self-employed if we have to hibernate for 12 weeks? 

Not as yet mate I don’t think... I think it’ll be left to the contractor you’re subbying for..

• Like 1