a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

do you hear anything from the club if you're unsuccessful? i'm seeing people stat to tweet they got one in the ballot, so reckon i probably missed out on this one 

Not a jot. It almost rubs it in, in a daft way. I gave up after the third attempt. I'll not be back. 

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Not a jot. It almost rubs it in, in a daft way. I gave up after the third attempt. I'll not be back. 

It’s a shit system. A lottery, basically. Why give up though? 

58 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it does become a bit disheartening in fairness.

don't worry though, @Renton will be along in a minute to cheer you up and tell you his neighbour's got eight!

Bit of an odd comment. I don't think any of my neighbours even like football. If you read back, you'll see it was my nephew I referred to, I assumed your response then had  autocorrected. He did get tickets in each of the first three draws, that's just a fact. I dunno what that tells you - he's a concession so the club aren't even getting the full whack for the seat. I took him to his first match at SJP as it happens - 6-0 against Villa under Hughton. Wasn't enough to keep his interest though until this takeover mind.

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

not only that....

you get to play the fastest finger first game on thursday.

There’s a second bite at the cherry? 

Is that an old school multiple devices affair?

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

Bit of an odd comment. I don't think any of my neighbours even like football. If you read back, you'll see it was my nephew I referred to, I assumed your response then had  autocorrected. He did get tickets in each of the first three draws, that's just a fact. I dunno what that tells you - he's a concession so the club aren't even getting the full whack for the seat. I took him to his first match at SJP as it happens - 6-0 against Villa under Hughton. Wasn't enough to keep his interest though until this takeover mind.

I'm only having a laugh mate.

I've got a theory, probably bollocks but....

I reckon as the bars and shit food kiosks as well as apparently the club shop are all card only, they could well be monitoring who's spending the most money and weighting the ballots in their favour. a conspiracy theory too far perhaps?

I'd rather starve than eat their food or drink their poxy 33cl plastic bottles of piss kingston press cider at £5.15 a go.

don't want none of the tat out the club shop either.  :lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There’s a second bite at the cherry? 

Is that an old school multiple devices affair?

nah.

you spend every minute of your waking life refreshing the stadium plan and hoping a ticket pops up somewhere. you'll refresh it that many times you'll eventually be kicked off the website for being a robot. you go through the whole procedure again the next day.

a sporadic ticket will pop up and then you'll have a milli second to get it in your basket before one of the other hundreds and hundreds of desperate cunts attempting the same thing beats you to it.

it's great fun.

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Nowt for PSG here and not to play a SOOPAFAN card but seeing knackers on social media saying “OMG, this is my first game and it’s the Champions League 😍😍” is fucking winding me up something rotten tbh. I had to watch Jeff Hendrick to get here

36 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

nah.

you spend every minute of your waking life refreshing the stadium plan and hoping a ticket pops up somewhere. you'll refresh it that many times you'll eventually be kicked off the website for being a robot. you go through the whole procedure again the next day.

a sporadic ticket will pop up and then you'll have a milli second to get it in your basket before one of the other hundreds and hundreds of desperate cunts attempting the same thing beats you to it.

it's great fun.

@Dr Gloom Do these two posts answer your question? :lol:

Seriously, there's no one definitive answer. I'm just too long in the tooth to be going through this shit again, missed loads of great NUFC occasions including European games, cup finals so I've had enough of getting the scraps. Plus the new system is more than enough reason as well seeing the same gobshites on twitter humble bragging or insinuating who is or isn't a real fan. Also got to start watching the pennies as I've only two more paydays till I'm on the Nat King Cole so it's financial as well as stubbornness.

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

nah.

it's great fun.

sounds mint :lol:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

@Dr Gloom Do these two posts answer your question? :lol:

Seriously, there's no one definitive answer. I'm just too long in the tooth to be going through this shit again, missed loads of great NUFC occasions including European games, cup finals so I've had enough of getting the scraps. Plus the new system is more than enough reason as well seeing the same gobshites on twitter humble bragging or insinuating who is or isn't a real fan. Also got to start watching the pennies as I've only two more paydays till I'm on the Nat King Cole so it's financial as well as stubbornness.

shit about the job mate.  :(

the jeysus emoticon above is well warranted.

they fleeced tens and tens of thousands people out of £37 for memberships to participate in this shite.

to say nowt of increasing the lower category games by 30% to £44 a ticket.

oh and the champions league home games appear to have an added surchage to members too. considering some of these will be empty seats not taken up by st holders for £55 a pop, why the increase in price??

darren eales appears to have well and truly identified members as there to absolutely fleeced at every opportunity.

personally think the bloke is every bit as much of a thundercunt as ashley me.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

shit about the job mate.  :(

the jeysus emoticon above is well warranted.

they fleeced tens and tens of thousands people out of £37 for memberships to participate in this shite.

to say nowt of increasing the lower category games by 30% to £44 a ticket.

oh and the champions league home games appear to have an added surchage to members too. considering some of these will be empty seats not taken up by st holders for £55 a pop, why the increase in price??

darren eales appears to have well and truly identified members as there to absolutely fleeced at every opportunity.

personally think the bloke is every bit as much of a thundercunt as ashley me.

He comes across as an arse licking tit regardless of the ticket situation tbh. :lol: