a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

Gonna be in the UK for the first time in twenty years this November.  My kids desperately want to see a match at SJP.  What's the best way to go about trying to get three tickets to the Chelsea match on 25 November?

7 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Gonna be in the UK for the first time in twenty years this November.  My kids desperately want to see a match at SJP.  What's the best way to go about trying to get three tickets to the Chelsea match on 25 November?

buy three memberships and cross your fingers and toes. 

it isn’t likely unless you’re willing to pay through the nose for corporate hospitality 

• Like 1

Damn. Stinks that that's the way it is now, but I suppose it's what happens when the team is going well.  Since it's a once every decade or two trip, I might have to fork out the big money for it, but sitting in corporate hospitality seems like a waste of a trip.  It's the atmosphere that matters.

Is there no secondary market for (criminally inflated) tickets?

Edited by Zathras

52 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

sinister as fuck this mind, they're gonna set up the scanners at man city to deliberately reject random tickets so they can haul you off to a ticket office and photo id you.

I don't think I want any part of this shite.

:(

https://www.nufc.com/

If you get tugged you’re better off going back to the pub if you’ve got someone else’s ticket but aye, am not sure this is for me anymore. Hoping we win the league and champions league this season so I can at least walk away happy…

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Damn. Stinks that that's the way it is now, but I suppose it's what happens when the team is going well.  Since it's a once every decade or two trip, I might have to fork out the big money for it, but sitting in corporate hospitality seems like a waste of a trip.  It's the atmosphere that matters.

Is there no secondary market for (criminally inflated) tickets?

not sure it’s that easy to transfer tickets anymore since they brought in new rules this season but someone else might be better qualified than me to answer 

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

If you get tugged you’re better off going back to the pub if you’ve got someone else’s ticket but aye, am not sure this is for me anymore. Hoping we win the league and champions league this season so I can at least walk away happy…

aye, fully agree with the first bit there mate. do you think they're suggesting these checks are for all tickets or just digital?

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

not a peep on a ticket for the liverpool game either.  :(

I got one in the east stand. I think it probably helps if you book a single ticket like Billy no mates here 

• Like 1

Those hospitality packages dont sit you in the main stands? You have to watch from one of those terrible glass boxes?

If so that sucks, as seems like that will be the main horribly expensive option for visiting fans. Never been to England but general experience across the world is they're not anywhear near fun as the main stands. 

8 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Those hospitality packages dont sit you in the main stands? You have to watch from one of those terrible glass boxes?

If so that sucks, as seems like that will be the main horribly expensive option for visiting fans. Never been to England but general experience across the world is they're not anywhear near fun as the main stands. 

no, you’ll still watch the match from the main stand, usually in a plush cushioned seat. It’s all the food and booze which goes down in the box or corporate area 

• Like 1

I’ve been in “The Barracks” before as my cousin comes over from USA so prefers to get the corporate stuff rather than a regular match ticket. 

So we’re doing that again for the Fulham game in December, purchased well in advance. You can’t really gamble on getting tickets when you’re coming that far. 

He did say the rest of the corporate sections have practically doubled in price for this season though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve been in “The Barracks” before as my cousin comes over from USA so prefers to get the corporate stuff rather than a regular match ticket. 

So we’re doing that again for the Fulham game in December, purchased well in advance. You can’t really gamble on getting tickets when you’re coming that far. 

He did say the rest of the corporate sections have practically doubled in price for this season though. 

The Barracks is sold out for every home game this season already 

25 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The Barracks is sold out for every home game this season already 

2 seats available for Brentford. Went to the site to check out the details purely out of curiosity :D 

Barracks seems like the viable option but mostly sold out as KD said. The new one they're calling Wings priced at 400 quid ffs? :lol: 

A few people with a lot of loyalty points seem to be flapping on twitter. Why? Surely they'll be ok if everything is above board? (Obviously wouldn't be happy if I had a legit ticket being pulled but apart from that?) 

• Like 1