a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ticket Scientist might be more appropriate than Correspondent.

Dr. Tickets. Professor?

I like that title actually, it's about time I gained some recognition.

in fairness though desperate and growing increasingly weary of it all is equally apt.

:)

So why is the match going popularity off the scale now? Last time we were in under Robson, I'm not even sure we sold out in the CL. We still had a canny team on the up. I used to easily upgrade to the platinum club for a modest cost, tickets weren't an issue then. 

I'd imagine it's because in those years we were used to a certain level of success. Qualifying for Europe was pretty much seen as standard. Remember when the fans booed the team for finishing fifth? When you've been starved of any level of ambition or decent football for a decade there's always going to be a huge demand for tickets to see a good side.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, strawb said:

Website is tragic, enter the ballot, put your card details in and it crashes with an unspecified error

i had that, but went back and refreshed and it went through the second time of asking 

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'd imagine it's because in those years we were used to a certain level of success. Qualifying for Europe was pretty much seen as standard. Remember when the fans booed the team for finishing fifth? When you've been starved of any level of ambition or decent football for a decade there's always going to be a huge demand for tickets to see a good side.

100% this. demand is off the scale because we were a zombie club for more than a decade under ashley. depressing as fuck. i used to watch the match on saturdays on a shit stream out of a sense of duty. there was no fun in it. the wife thought i was mad for torturing myself watching that shite week in week out. i barely even did that the last year or two before the takeover, let alone watch motd.

look how active the newcastle forum is on here - it's a good barometer. it was like a ghost town the past 10 years or so, while we all hung out in general chat talking about brexit and covid. 

i'm so fucking bored of politics, it's a relief to have a good football team to distract from all the real world nonsense again. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

or have I?

ticket I had showing in my profile for leazes/milburn corner has now disappeared, no confirmation email in my in box either.

you literally couldn't make this shit show up!  :lol:

has the money come out of your bank? 

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

can't check yet mate, will need to look later.

i've been checking mine every half hour or so. 

NO BASTARD PENDING TRANSACTIONS 

24 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's back again!

in out, in out shake it all about.

fucking ludicrous!  :lol:

You see, you people who go through the ballot get free added excitement. I'd charge you extra for it personally. :whistling:

• Haha 2

On 06/10/2023 at 09:28, Dr Gloom said:

100% this. demand is off the scale because we were a zombie club for more than a decade under ashley. depressing as fuck. i used to watch the match on saturdays on a shit stream out of a sense of duty. there was no fun in it. the wife thought i was mad for torturing myself watching that shite week in week out. i barely even did that the last year or two before the takeover, let alone watch motd.

look how active the newcastle forum is on here - it's a good barometer. it was like a ghost town the past 10 years or so, while we all hung out in general chat talking about brexit and covid. 

i'm so fucking bored of politics, it's a relief to have a good football team to distract from all the real world nonsense again. 

Just 2 mere years ago people couldn't give their season tickets away. Apathy was at it's highest I've ever seen in the same season as the takeover, even running up to Christmas before we signed Trips the match was an after thought on Match Day for many.

On 06/10/2023 at 09:28, Dr Gloom said:

Just seen this. I agree but the club was just as fucked if not moreso pre-Keegan. Yet just a few years later under Dalgish I saw us beat Barca in a 36,000 SJP stadium and had no bother getting tickets from memory. Our first forray in the CL and only our sixth Euro campaign in our history? I wasn't an ST holder then or a member of any club (I don't think, although I might be wrong on that), still got a ticket from the box office. In the late 90s I also reckon people had more disposable income than now, yet the demand is twice  as high as then. This isn't just us like, West Ham get crowds of 62,000 on average. I can only put it down to the PL being a huge success and transforming the game to be inclusive of many other demographics. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Just seen this. I agree but the club was just as fucked if not moreso pre-Keegan. Yet just a few years later under Dalgish I saw us beat Barca in a 36,000 SJP stadium and had no bother getting tickets from memory. Our first forray in the CL and only our sixth Euro campaign in our history? I wasn't an ST holder then or a member of any club (I don't think, although I might be wrong on that), still got a ticket from the box office. In the late 90s I also reckon people had more disposable income than now, yet the demand is twice  as high as then. This isn't just us like, West Ham get crowds of 62,000 on average. I can only put it down to the PL being a huge success and transforming the game to be inclusive of many other demographics. 

you can add International football tourist fans into the mix too