Norma's Nuanced Nabob's Newcastle v Shergar's Shithouse Stealing Scouser's

wykikitoon

Bit of an all round meh day. Result pretty much as expected and atmosphere a bit subdued (early kick off).

Very hard game to watch from my touchline position, but just appeared we were outclassed all over the park (to be expected) and had Dubravka to thank for keeping it at 1-0

Eddie and the team have surpassed all our widest expectations and done what was needed this season. Now just looking forward to more quality coming in and see how we progress next year.

I know what they’ve said publicly, but I think we’ll spend very big in the summer.

Cant wait :) 

Pay Day Money GIF

17 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I actually thought it was a good decision by the ref to let that go.  I'm a bit "old school" & think too much is called in modern football. It seems that players shouldn't challenge for 50/50 balls anymore.

I know where you’re coming from but ‘excess force’ became a yellow card offence,and following through after a tackle became an infringement.Have the laws/rules changed.Where has the ‘6 second’ rule gone for keepers holding on to the ball?

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

The 6 second rule was taken out of the game about 10 years ago I think

Turns out I’m wrong, it’s just not enforced anymore.

It has to be counted from “when the goalkeeper has full control of the ball” I.e in his hands and not being fronted up by an opposition player

21 hours ago, strawb said:

Turns out I’m wrong, it’s just not enforced anymore.

It has to be counted from “when the goalkeeper has full control of the ball” I.e in his hands and not being fronted up by an opposition player

Cheers for that.I cannot remember the last time I saw a keeper release the ball within double the allowed time.

Gemmill and Howay must be searching for this emoji 😳 .