Jump to content

n.u.s.t., is there any point in them?


Recommended Posts

I'd so no, other than to serve as a platform to boost the ego of a few superfans.

whilst a 'proclaimed' membership of 13,000 seems respectable enough it was built up largely on the back of opposition towards ashley but failed miserably to ever particularly take any reasonable stand against him. 

iis there any need for it at all now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was invited to the webinar they did last summer on the idea of them being part of the board with any takeover. Hurst was at the forefront of it with that blonde thing (no make up) that someone was wanking over earlier. Basically they said they'd engaged with any prospective owners - Staveley included who'd suggested they'd be invited onto the board. Clearly never happened so yes, I do wonder if they have any meaningful place now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Craig said:

with that blonde thing (no make up) that someone was wanking over earlier.

 

 

Oi! I wasn’t wanking over her, she’d have to ask me nicely to do that sort of thing, but I wouldn’t be kicking her out of bed for you!

 

Disclaimer: I quite like her enthusiasm (and accent) for the club but being OOT’er I don’t have to watch her pop up as a voice for the fans so it probably makes her less annoying. At least she doesn’t jinx Everton’s relegation like some supafans.

 

NUST did a class badge once, about 12 years ago, haven’t really done fuck all since then.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sammynb said:

 

Oi! I wasn’t wanking over her, she’d have to ask me nicely to do that sort of thing, but I wouldn’t be kicking her out of bed for you!

 

Disclaimer: I quite like her enthusiasm (and accent) for the club but being OOT’er I don’t have to watch her pop up as a voice for the fans so it probably makes her less annoying. At least she doesn’t jinx Everton’s relegation like some supafans.

 

NUST did a class badge once, about 12 years ago, haven’t really done fuck all since then.

 

I think I have her mobile number if you want it, Sammy :lol:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Craig said:

 

I think I have her mobile number if you want it, Sammy :lol:

 

Thanks Craig, maybe wait until I’m over next, I’m good but it’s probably a bit far to wank over her from here! 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

 

Thanks Craig, maybe wait until I’m over next, I’m good but it’s probably a bit far to wank over her from here! 😉

 

:lol: have just checked and I genuinely DO have her number. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

 

it’s probably a bit far to wank over her from here! 😉

I am sure TGQ could help out there if he wasn't banned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Craig said:

I was invited to the webinar they did last summer on the idea of them being part of the board with any takeover. Hurst was at the forefront of it with that blonde thing (no make up) that someone was wanking over earlier. Basically they said they'd engaged with any prospective owners - Staveley included who'd suggested they'd be invited onto the board. Clearly never happened so yes, I do wonder if they have any meaningful place now. 

 

 

:lol:

 

Alright Borat. 

 

"genuine blonde thing (NO MAKE UP!)" 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This just feels like another attack on Hurst by tbd here. If anything happens to him, I'd honestly have to think about referring some of tbd' content to Her Majesty's constabulary. Same with wykiki and Craig. 

 

If it's Craig that something happens to, I'm doing nothing. Self defence, justifiable homicide. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'd so no, other than to serve as a platform to boost the ego of a few superfans.

whilst a 'proclaimed' membership of 13,000 seems respectable enough it was built up largely on the back of opposition towards ashley but failed miserably to ever particularly take any reasonable stand against him. 

iis there any need for it at all now?


Think I said similar at the time and got met with people saying “LEAST THEY R DOING SUMTHING” even though nobody could tell me what. Backslapping shit from people who love the sound of their own voice

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again with the hate for Hurst - I don’t get it. I like his podcasts. Am yet to see any evidence that he’s a Tory, and don’t see any harm in supporter groups which try to communicate with the club. They don’t speak for every fan. If you don’t like what they’re doing, don’t join. Or do join, so you can have your say. Isn’t that how these things are supposed to work? Genuine question from a non-member

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWIW I do like Hurst and his podcast.  They're all good,  I like how Charlotte goes to the games with her old fella and how she talks warmly about that.  Something I relate to going to the RL with my old man (he was dirty Leeds) or SJP with my uncle.  Emil, is Emil. Ledge.  And Norman is a lad.  It's deffo my fave poddy.

 

I can't remember who it was, probably PL or BD who said Hurst was invited to Thatchers Funeral and ate all the canape's at the wake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They're better than the alternative. :lol:

Pod on the Tyne is ok, albeit the giggling of the Manscape thing is getting boring and the whole 'Alan from Work' when talking about Shearer wore thin months ago.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I confess to listening to them all since jumping on the Saudi bandwagon - even wraith’s on occasion 😳

 

The TF one is probably the best of the bunch. Much better than their poor print copy. I still don’t get all the hate tbh 

Edited by Dr Gloom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Pod on the Tyne is ok, albeit the giggling of the Manscape thing is getting boring and the whole 'Alan from Work' when talking about Shearer wore thin months ago.

No Idea what you're talking about, I'm going on about nust or the alternative of the likes of wraith or that Keith bloke somehow thinking they're representing fans. :lol: I'm a member, I'm not on board with everything they do but they put everything out to the members to comment on/vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Last few posts have been about podcasts :cuppa:


alright paddock lad, put your tea and paper down 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

This just feels like another attack on Hurst by tbd here. If anything happens to him, I'd honestly have to think about referring some of tbd' content to Her Majesty's constabulary. Same with wykiki and Craig. 

 

If it's Craig that something happens to, I'm doing nothing. Self defence, justifiable homicide. 

 

:lol: you fucking dick. 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Again with the hate for Hurst - I don’t get it. I like his podcasts. Am yet to see any evidence that he’s a Tory, and don’t see any harm in supporter groups which try to communicate with the club. They don’t speak for every fan. If you don’t like what they’re doing, don’t join. Or do join, so you can have your say. Isn’t that how these things are supposed to work? Genuine question from a non-member

 

just out of interest why did you assume the point of the thread was a jab at hurst? I never mentioned him at all. perhaps it's telling though that the mention of superfan would bring you that conclusion!  :)

I considered joining at the time a membership cost £1 annually but being as they'd already been at pain to point out that they weren't a protest group i decided it was too expensive. their recruitment drives however always seemed to coincide with whatever latest atrocity ashley had committed.

as far as communicating with their membership goes I obviously wouldn't know but I do occasionally look on their website and it appears to not having been updated since the time of their 2021 elections nearly a year ago other than a note to say they'd abandoned the 1892 pledge (not dated) and were working on how to donate the £200k raised to charity, something which appears to be taking a lot of mulling over!

as far as the pledge goes, I thought it was well meaning although the idea of raising £6m was fanciful at best and very possibly delusional, but when they do get round to handing out the donations it will at least have been worthwhile, so credit for that.

I'm gonna take a punt and guess their membership is on the decline (hence the topic) no doubt as a result of the takeover, especially from those who joined as a response to ashley being a cunt, although I could be wrong and they're beavering away on other projects I know nowt about as the only time I ever actually hear them mentioned now is when michael martin gives them a plug in his truefaith editorials.

as far as hurst's podcasts go, i've never listened to one, nor do i particularly want to. he does appear to be skysports and jamie carrigher's go to voice of newcastle so his self promotion appears to have done the trick. personally don't see much difference between him, wraith or the training ground stalker really, but there you go!  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

 

just out of interest why did you assume the point of the thread was a jab at hurst? I never mentioned him at all. perhaps it's telling though that the mention of superfan would bring you that conclusion!  :)

I considered joining at the time a membership cost £1 annually but being as they'd already been at pain to point out that they weren't a protest group i decided it was too expensive. their recruitment drives however always seemed to coincide with whatever latest atrocity ashley had committed.

as far as communicating with their membership goes I obviously wouldn't know but I do occasionally look on their website and it appears to not having been updated since the time of their 2021 elections nearly a year ago other than a note to say they'd abandoned the 1892 pledge (not dated) and were working on how to donate the £200k raised to charity, something which appears to be taking a lot of mulling over!

as far as the pledge goes, I thought it was well meaning although the idea of raising £6m was fanciful at best and very possibly delusional, but when they do get round to handing out the donations it will at least have been worthwhile, so credit for that.

I'm gonna take a punt and guess their membership is on the decline (hence the topic) no doubt as a result of the takeover, especially from those who joined as a response to ashley being a cunt, although I could be wrong and they're beavering away on other projects I know nowt about as the only time I ever actually hear them mentioned now is when michael martin gives them a plug in his truefaith editorials.

as far as hurst's podcasts go, i've never listened to one, nor do i particularly want to. he does appear to be skysports and jamie carrigher's go to voice of newcastle so his self promotion appears to have done the trick. personally don't see much difference between him, wraith or the training ground stalker really, but there you go!  :)


nah, he’s definitely got more about him than the other two mentioned :lol:

 

he seems quite a thoughtful bloke to me. I quite like his conversations with Emile, Norman and Charlotte. They’re proper fans who are capable of talking intelligently about  games - unlike all lot of their rival podcasts!
 

I am curious why you think he’s a Tory. Is it speculation or common knowledge?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.