2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He seems like a canny lad who doesn’t take himself too seriously. And him and Carragher look like they just enjoyed being there seeing that performance in that atmosphere. The absolute bastards ;) 

Carragher was enjoying himself but there's a bit of a condescending tone underneath the surface, 'Yous like a Gregg's up here'. A pastie or a sausage roll.' 'do the dance, we'll do it with you.' Aye it's just a laugh but imagine a cockney ex-pro interviewing him, 'ere, Scouser, you lot laahve a bit of Beatles mania daahntcha? Go on my saan, sing me sergeant peppers lonely hearts claab, I'll join in, daahnt worry.' Or how about, 'Excellent game in midfield today, Roy. You single handedly won that midfield battle for Manchester United, but you love the old blarney don't you, eh? Eh? Why don't you give us all a little Irish jig, I'll join in. Gwaan, gwaan, gwaan. Lol.'

• Like 8

Richards is going crackers about it on the latest Rest Is Football. Atmosphere, the whole occasion.

Tells Shearer off for downplaying how good it was then describes it as "One of the best nights in the history of football" :lol:

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Carragher was enjoying himself but there's a bit of a condescending tone underneath the surface, 'Yous like a Gregg's up here'. A pastie or a sausage roll.' 'do the dance, we'll do it with you.' Aye it's just a laugh but imagine a cockney ex-pro interviewing him, 'ere, Scouser, you lot laahve a bit of Beatles mania daahntcha? Go on my saan, sing me sergeant peppers lonely hearts claab, I'll join in, daahnt worry.' Or how about, 'Excellent game in midfield today, Roy. You single handedly won that midfield battle for Manchester United, but you love the old blarney don't you, eh? Eh? Why don't you give us all a little Irish jig, I'll join in. Gwaan, gwaan, gwaan. Lol.'

I meant in that instance but agree re: Carragher in general. He definitely doesn’t like giving us much credit either 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I meant in that instance but agree re: Carragher in general. He definitely doesn’t like giving us much credit either 

It’s rare you meet a red scouser that does. It’s because they know we’re taking their place 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

My takeaway was how normal our players are though. That interview would never have happened with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd players. You wouldn't see Sterling or Kane doing TikTok dances for a laugh. Whilst fans and managers of other clubs are full of fume against us, I think most pundits and journos think we are class

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My takeaway was how normal our players are though. That interview would never have happened with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd players. You wouldn't see Sterling or Kane doing TikTok dances for a laugh. Whilst fans and managers of other clubs are full of fume against us, I think most pundits and journos think we are class

I don't disagree with that but one or two are definitely giving us a little pat on the head.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I don't disagree with that but one or two are definitely giving us a little pat on the head.

All good, they’ll be taking it down the throat

in a few seasons. Might even start calling us “United” or “Newcastle United Football Club” as the two red clubs from the north west become less relevant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My oldest laddie goes to this thing called Feet4Footvall which is all small- sided games and drills using a futsal ball. Anyway Sean and Matty Longstaff used to go and last night their Mam was there at the start of the session and gave a nice little chat about hard work and effort paying off. What a nice, down to earth lady she seems. I know, I know, good family. But it does seem like we have a great set of grounded lads who work hard for each other. I know we’ve got some too quality players we’ve brought in, if you look at Botman, Isak, Bruno, etc. But I love how we’ve got some local lads doing the business for us too who get what the city, club etc is about. I think that helps instil those values in the rest of the squad. Anyway, I’m rambling. But it’s fucking great having a side we’ve all got pride in who care, instead of a bunch of mercenaries 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

My oldest laddie goes to this thing called Feet4Footvall which is all small- sided games and drills using a futsal ball. Anyway Sean and Matty Longstaff used to go and last night their Mam was there at the start of the session and gave a nice little chat about hard work and effort paying off. What a nice, down to earth lady she seems. I know, I know, good family. But it does seem like we have a great set of grounded lads who work hard for each other. I know we’ve got some too quality players we’ve brought in, if you look at Botman, Isak, Bruno, etc. But I love how we’ve got some local lads doing the business for us too who get what the city, club etc is about. I think that helps instil those values in the rest of the squad. Anyway, I’m rambling. But it’s fucking great having a side we’ve all got pride in who care, instead of a bunch of mercenaries 

I can't believe you didn't ask her if she knew UM? A school boy error, Alex. 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

impressive stats but i suppose they're inflated slightly by the 8-0

Dunno where they're getting their date from, but I have us 4th for xG against per 90. (1.02)

Also, if you ignore penalties, Liverpool drop to 5th for xG. Behind Everton.

If games were played on the spreadsheet, we'd be 2nd, behind Man City

• Haha 1