2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Id be stunned if he went.

Hes basically got a DoFs wet dream here, growing and shaping a club with unlimited resources. Man U is a poisoned chalice and surely everyone knows it. 

Not even considering that we waited 9 months for his gardening leave period and paid a fucking lot of money to brighton for his contract, we'd absolutely take them to the cleaners to even let them talk to him. Anyone from that shitshow at Man U going into a negotiation with Stavely and co would come out with their heads spinning, wallet empty and be delighted at how good a deal they got on those magic beans.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Id be stunned if he went.

Hes basically got a DoFs wet dream here, growing and shaping a club with unlimited resources. Man U is a poisoned chalice and surely everyone knows it. 

Not even considering that we waited 9 months for his gardening leave period and paid a fucking lot of money to brighton for his contract, we'd absolutely take them to the cleaners to even let them talk to him. Anyone from that shitshow at Man U going into a negotiation with Stavely and co would come out with their heads spinning, wallet empty and be delighted at how good a deal they got on those magic beans.

they can have darren eales instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Screenshot_20231220-111824.thumb.png.9473768e8ca80d8b25eda26309c28112.png

Put this together cos I wanted to see if there was any mitigation for our away form. Not sure it's been a worthwhile exercise but there's a couple of things. 

The last column is the days between matches - so if we have a match on the 1st and another on the 4th, days between is 2.

Average number of days leading up to a home games is 5.3 vs 3.1 leading up to away games. So a 42% reduction in preparation time for away games vs home games - note: this is quite heavily skewed by international breaks which have all fallen before home games. 

We did get unfortunate in that 4 of our games immediately following CL games were Away games - we got 5 points from the 4, one of which was the demolition of Sheffield United. 

From the two home games that followed CL games, we took 6 points. 

Rest days (if you can call them that) do seem to matter though. The average number of days leading up to a win is 5.4, whilst the games that we are drawing (2.3) and losing (3.6) have a much lower number of days post the previous match. 

That's it. Maybe some mitigation? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Put this together cos I wanted to see if there was any mitigation for our away form. Not sure it's been a worthwhile exercise but there's a couple of things. 

The last column is the days between matches - so if we have a match on the 1st and another on the 4th, days between is 2.

Average number of days leading up to a home games is 5.3 vs 3.1 leading up to away games. So a 42% reduction in preparation time for away games vs home games - note: this is quite heavily skewed by international breaks which have all fallen before home games. 

We did get unfortunate in that 4 of our games immediately following CL games were Away games - we got 5 points from the 4, one of which was the demolition of Sheffield United. 

Rest days (if you can call them that) do seem to matter though. The average number of days leading up to a win is 5.4, whilst the games that we are drawing (2.3) and losing (3.6) have a much lower number of days post the previous match. 

Stealing this.

Not even apologising for it either.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Nice work.
You big fucking DWEEB!!!!

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Do you want the original spreadsheet, you lazy cunt? :lol:

Nah, I've got my own, but you've sorted it and screen grabbed it and everything.

(but yeah I am a lazy cunt)

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Poor date formatting - for that reason I can only give this a 07/10.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Poor date formatting - for that reason I can only give this a 07/10.

I must defend Gemmill here 😱 I work with yanks, so your frankly petty whinge about date formats cuts no ice in my neighbourhood.

Also interesting data tbh, away CL games also involve extra travel so the days even more reduced around those. 

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

😱 Also interesting data tbh, away CL games also involve extra travel so the days even more reduced around those. 

Aye, I was thinking the same. We didn't have the worst locations for travel this time around, but when the match finishes 11pm local time you've basically lost the next day to travel which is always draining.

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I must defend Gemmill here 😱 I work with yanks, so your frankly petty whinge about date formats cuts no ice in my neighbourhood.

Also interesting data tbh, away CL games also involve extra travel so the days even more reduced around those. 

Don't get me fucking started on the yanks and their backward fucking dates.

At work we’re supposed to name files with the prefix YYYY-MM-DD. Which (because computers recognise that as a number and the newer the date, the bigger the number) means they’re in reverse date order. Where it falls down is hardly anyone remembering to do and / or get their head round it 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

At work we’re supposed to name files with the prefix YYYY-MM-DD. Which (because computers recognise that as a number and the newer the date, the bigger the number) means they’re in reverse date order. Where it falls down is hardly anyone remembering to do and / or get their head round it 

Sorry, were you calling me a dweeb earlier? :lol:

I tried explaining this to a lass at work for filename convention and she just looked at me like she wished I was dead.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

I tried explaining this to a lass at work for filename convention and she just looked at me like she wished I was dead.

Firstly, yes I was ;) 

Secondly, I don’t think it’s that hard to get your head around, is it? Not you I mean but apparently it is :lol: and while my previous role was a data one, involving spreadsheets. I pretty much fell into it and taught myself most of the stuff I needed to know. But was still just what I would consider proficient. So only half a dweeb, if that. I’d rather have more expertise as I’d probably be on a canny bit better wage 

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hope those sick kids gave them absolute pelters for that shit show at Chelsea 😡😡😡😡

hound trippier out of the hospital if he dares show his face!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Was that before or after you started talking about naming conventions?

• Haha 4