Which console?

Gemmill

Feeling a bit intimidated being amongst all you fanny magnets in the gaming forum, so go easy on me.

My lass has made the mistake of suggesting that we should get a console. She thinks we're gonna be playing Mario, which she's wrong about cos there's no fucking way I'm getting a Switch. I'll break this to her after I've made a purchase.

So my question is PS5 or xBox. And if xBox, which fucking one?

And is there a monthly cost to playing online with these things?

Thank you fanny magnets! May your XP be high and your final level bosses be defeated!

• Haha 3

Unless you are interested in any of the PlayStation exclusives, agree with Andrew.

Although don’t count out the switch it you are only going to be playing really casually, you can dock it to the big telly and it works decently well.

• Like 1

Cheers. Whenever I've had Nintendo in the past, I get bored of the games. I like Mario Kart but I don't really give a shit about Mario or Zelda cos I don't have the childhood connection with the.

Any dissenters who would recommend PS5?

How much is game pass btw? I've seen ranges from £12.99 per month to £20.99.

I have a PS5 but like said, unless you’re bang into their exclusives like Last of Us 2, Spider-Man 2 or Gran Turismo, there’s not much point. Get a Series S if you’re after something more affordable, pay for Game Pass and you’re sorted. Series S is all digital like so if you’re wanting second hand discs, you’ll need the X.

Game Pass will also have the Microsoft exclusives straight away so you’ve got the new Forza Motorsport waiting for you which is apparently quite good 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one lads, thanks. All roads lead to xbox series S.

I need to look into what Game Pass/Ultimate actually is.

Is the point to play stuff together?

If it is, in this day and age you need two different setups really.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is the point to play stuff together?

If it is, in this day and age you need to different setups really.

It'll just be daft co-op games she wants to play where I'm doing 90% of the work and she's just traipsing along behind me falling off things. :lol:

Like there's some game called Unravel 2 where you're two balls of string connected together and you have to get through levels. That kind of thing.

Meanwhile I'll be getting the REAL SHIT played when she's not around.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If you just want to play games online then you can pay for Xbox Live which is cheaper than Game Pass iirc

They've ditched that, its all some version of Game pass now

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Thank you fanny magnets! May your XP be high and your final level bosses be defeated!

You have mildly harassed me in the past for an old thread bump. This is a whole subforum bump!   

:drinks:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one lads, thanks. All roads lead to xbox series S.

I need to look into what Game Pass/Ultimate actually is.

Think Netflix but with games. GTAV is in there at the minute so you can make her sit an watch you get a ride off a prossie and then back over her head and get your money back. She'll love it.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Nice one that sounds good, I assumed I was gonna have to fork out to buy every game.

You probably still will depending on what you're after, but any Microsoft games are on there day one, gears of war is a masterpiece. They own Bethesda now so Wolfenstein is on there to blast some Nazis and buck a polish lass in a submarine and on a train. All the old CODs will be on there soon enough. Plus most of the EA games (though they are later releases - FC 24 will be on game pass nearer end of the season).

Also, game pass includes PC games, and they always have the new football manager pretty much from release. It's pretty mint value for money tbh.

If you want your online experience to be getting one-shotted by a screeching 13yr old who then tells you he’s fucked your Mam, go XBox. 

On PlayStation you’ll get a more mature, erudite online player…

… who’ll also one shot you and then tell you he’s fucked your Mam. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you want your online experience to be getting one-shotted by a screeching 13yr old who then tells you he’s fucked your Mam, go XBox. 

On PlayStation you’ll get a more mature, erudite online player…

… who’ll also one shot you and then tell you he’s fucked your Mam. 

Both my kids have PlayStations and I can vouch for their higher level of vocabulary, and online decorum compared to me (an XBox player).

"Boom headeth did shoot.  Gaze me teabag that gent.  I fuck'd thy moth'r"

Edited by Dazzler
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It'll just be daft co-op games she wants to play where I'm doing 90% of the work and she's just traipsing along behind me falling off things. :lol:

Like there's some game called Unravel 2 where you're two balls of string connected together and you have to get through levels. That kind of thing.

Meanwhile I'll be getting the REAL SHIT played when she's not around.

Unravel 2 is an EA game so if you get Game Pass Ultimate, you’ll gain access to EA Play which is their subscription service. Unravel 2 is on there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one lads.

@Dazzleri

I'll use your post about shagging prossies as the first slide in this evening's pitch presentation.

Then you only need the one slide. You've got it in the bag.

• Haha 1

Trigger pulled. Picking it up as soon as Curry's text me to tell me it's ready.

I'm fucking going out tonight which I'm LIVID about.

Are the controllers just battery powered or do they need charging?

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Trigger pulled. Picking it up as soon as Curry's text me to tell me it's ready.

I'm fucking going out tonight which I'm LIVID about.

Are the controllers just battery powered or do they need charging?

Two AAs but the controllers have usb-c ports on top so you can buy rechargable batteries.

Id recommend rechargeable along with a dock then you can just set them down when you arent using them and theyll be charged when you want them.

Especially if you have an 'occasionally   used' second player controller 

• Like 1