Slaphead Erik Ten Nonce’s Spawny Red VAR Devils v Sexy Eddie's Swashbuckling Geordie B Squad

Holden McGroin

7 hours ago, Chaser said:

If, and it's still a big if, we beat Chelsea, I reckon we will end up drawing Liverpool away. I hope West Ham beat them, we end up with a tie against Everton at home in the Semi and then it's all on the bus and train from the North East down to London for Newcastle Boro final. 

8 minutes ago, john said:

I think the semi finals are still played over 2 legs mate, not 100% sure, but let’s do Chelsea first and take it from there.

It still is a two-legged semifinal. But there is loads of speculation this will be the last season that’s the case 

The reffing seemed to be much better without VAR. Much more enjoyable.

I think Sky Sports might have helped with that though as they didn't over analyse every foul (eg that dummet foul that lead to the second goal didn't even get a replay but could well have not been given on another day)

• Like 1

I think last night highlighted just how tremendously well coached we are, right throughout the squad, players slotted in, moved position and it was seamless.

On Miggy, the ground he made for his goal, and the finish, were tremendous and his pass to Willock's impeccably timed run, in build up for the 2nd was top notch too.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Many moons ago, when me and my brother used to drink in the Trent before and after games, there was a lad in our loose group of friends who was in to the “shagging cuck’s birds for them” scene. 

We had Arsenal at home and this cracking bit of Norf Lahndan blonde turned up, with her bloke, ready to be split in half by him after the match. :lol:

Her lad was a proper Arsenal prick, so we all tagged along afterwards, took him to the Adelphi ( :lol:), then as the night went on we headed down to Malmaison where they were staying. 
Our lad took his Mrs. upstairs, we took him in to the bar and, as it was a resident bar at that time, we absolutely shafted him for drinks. 
Got him staggering drunk, he missed out on seeing his lass get buckled, and he’ll have had a shit fit when he got his bill next morning. 

We beat Arsenal too :lol:

:lol:

Just reading this now. This definitely feels like a plot from an Irvine Welsh novel. Remind me not to go out with you and your mates. 

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I think last night highlighted just how tremendously well coached we are, right throughout the squad, players slotted in, moved position and it was seamless.

On Miggy, the ground he made for his goal, and the finish, were tremendous and his pass to Willock's impeccably timed run, in build up for the 2nd was top notch too.

Yeah. I mean when we lost Botman, we feared the worst, but how many clean sheets since then? To not concede yesterday with an entirely new line up (and with one of those injured before 2 minutes) shows its more the coaching than the players per se, which is just massively encouraging. We have an absolute gem in Eddie Howe. The mackems know this, which is why they hate him so much. 

• Like 1

Willock was great last night. I reckon he has the best chance out of all our midfielders to make the England squad.

Dubravka also looked a lot more comfortable with the ball at the feet. Nice to see.

Big shout out to Krafh, dummy and Ritchie who all worked their balls off without being match fit.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You will not hear a peep out of the pundits today on how we had full back in CB yesterday and they didn't look one bit out of place.  It will all be about how Ten Nonce is hard done by etc.  

Man Utd were pretty dreadful though to be honest. The problem (well one of them) is their midfield gets walked over every game.  Neville eluded it to in the commentary that most teams have played them off the park this season.

I wasn't expecting our reserve team to do it though.

Edited by Holden McGroin