Chelsea v Newcastle United

Gemmill

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

trippier is a transformative signing for many reasons - not just what he has done on the pitch, which has been almost flawless up until his recent run of mistakes.

does bruno join, if tripper hadn't already signed, for example? he opened the door for others to follow, sending a message that we were serious proposition. he's also a leader on and off the field. he was still in all the team victory photos even after picking up that injury and de facto captain until lascelles had his recent resurgence. 

and you can't overstate what he's done on the pitch either. he's practically been our playmaker - from right back no less! insane when you think about how much of our best play has come through him down the right side, linking up with bruno, longstaff and miggy. he's always been defensively sound and great at organising the back four. 

i'd say he's the best right back i've ever seen at the club. one of the greatest leaders i've ever seen at the club and possibly one of our greatest and most important signings.

anyone on his back because of the recent mistakes is a clueless gimp. 

We'd have been nowhere without him, would never have made the CL without him, and would never made the cup final last season without him.

I can't think of a single player who has been more important to the club since I started giving a shit about football in around 95/96. I include Shearer in that as well, since I think as important as he was to the club throughout the years, that purchase for the fee and wages at the time is what held us back in future years and meant the new PLC had to start shipping out our best players, whilst Dalgliesh brought in a bunch of cheap, middle aged men as replacements.

Trippier is a born winner, and has instilled that mentality throughout the club. He turns up and gives a shit even when he can't contribute, never takes credit, and is quick to hold his own hands up when things go wrong so on top of the stuff above I think he's also been the best leader on and off the pitch (from a player perspective) we've had in my lifetime too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I know all of that. I just like pointing out when Fish makes a mistake 

And you're welcome to, when I do.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is it just a coincidence that this drop in form has come after he left the England camp for ‘personal reasons’?

It's all over twitter that that was related to someone trying to burgle his house while he was away. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's all over twitter that that was related to someone trying to burgle his house while he was away. 

twitter also suggests he has been playing way from home. so to speak 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

twitter also suggests he has been playing way from home. so to speak 

He must the only one in the squad that has put in a decent performance away from home this year. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 4