Eddie Howe's Stumbling Sausages visit [checks notes] Rob Edwards' Harried Hatters

Meenzer

2 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Do we not go back for the clear foul on Isal?

No, it's Luton's day because of last week so the ref is letting them have every thing and they are taking advantage.

• Haha 2

This is a stark reminder of our levels away from home at the moment. No energy. And lacking sharpness in attack. Gordon and Miggy looked fucked. Longstaff doesn't seem fit. Miley running on fumes.

Good we have Isak back. But he'll not be fit either and this will likely lead to him feeling a groin again in a match or twos time.

The injuries are really fucking us this season. 

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Eddie needs to earn his corn here. I'll be glad when miggy is mainly a bench player not that I'm putting this performance all on him of course. 

Agreed but they've all been shite for most of the season away. He doesn't have much choice to be honest to play Almiron.

• Like 1

Miggy hasn't been our worse player by far.  We have just been poor as a whole.

Gordon could have passed sooner and didn't.  But I also think he's missing that overlap he gets with Tino.  I think Trips hasn't been overlapping as much either.

We need higher intensity.

• Like 1

Even having Willock and Joelinton fit would allow us to rotate the wings a bit to rest them all. Barnes and Anderson would be the cherry on top.

We have no one in our U21s ready to step up either. Miley was it. We're fucked until our players come back, the problem is that our currently fit players may then be injured after them.

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Miggy hasn't been our worse player by far.  We have just been poor as a whole.

Gordon could have passed sooner and didn't.  But I also think he's missing that overlap he gets with Tino.  I think Trips hasn't been overlapping as much either.

We need higher intensity.

I think this is key and something the players can't give anymore with the amount of games they've been asked to play (in the way we do). One thing is clear if we get in Europe again is that we need 22 players of high quality or to change the way we play and buy better technical players.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Agreed but they've all been shite for most of the season away. He doesn't have much choice to be honest to play Almiron.

I understand why he's playing him all the time and it's been our problem all season not just with miggy. It's a twat that willock comes back in and then is out straight away. This has been a pretty unlucky season so far. 

I really don’t understand the constant bashing of Miggy. He does have poor days and can be frustrating but hardly more than most other players in the squad. Imho his contribution to our positive results is most often underestimated.

Game is frustrating and demonstrating that we are having a bad tine at the moment with things not going our way. Referee is poor but the result is rather more down to us lacking confidence.

It us a shame because we could have needed a couple of positive results before going into a difficult January. I am close to writing this season off already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I understand why he's playing him all the time and it's been our problem all season not just with miggy. It's a twat that willock comes back in and then is out straight away. This has been a pretty unlucky season so far. 

But is the problem we've accumulated these injuries  due to the players being pushed to their psychical max?

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

I really don’t understand the constant bashing of Miggy. He does have poor days and can be frustrating but hardly more than most other players in the squad. Imho his contribution to our positive results is most often underestimated.

Agree.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

According to you we are so shite away from home.

Have you forgot about some of the world class teams we have played away?

Yes we have been poor against a Bournemouth we are struggling v Luton.  But lets not fucking shite out pants and make out were getting smashed 4/5 nil every week away from home.  Fuck me.  Calm down.

Conceded 3 against Everton and 4 against Spurs. Inconceivable scores just last year. 

I'm not watching this but there seems to be a grim inevitability whenever we are away.