Merry Christmas!!!!!

Monkeys Fist

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Dinner done and cleaned/cleared up. waiting for parents to come around, still can't have a drink as after they've went I've got to drive us to the in-laws who we were supposed to see this morning before dinner. Every fucking year this shit. By the the time everything's done I can't be arsed. Bah! Humbug. 

HMHM in 30 minutes time. 

1772423844_200w(1).gif.9b0cb228a675d0ea1b22376efa47c70a.gif

• Haha 4

BTW, us middle classes don't have Xmas dinner so early. I've got Mrs Rents doing all the vegetable shit next door, she can also do the sausage roll (aka beef Wellington) too. I can't be arsed. Eta 5pm . :)

1 hour ago, Renton said:

BTW, us middle classes don't have Xmas dinner so early. I've got Mrs Rents doing all the vegetable shit next door, she can also do the sausage roll (aka beef Wellington) too. I can't be arsed. Eta 5pm . :)

Last time we waited so long when the bairns were still getting toys I was foaming having to do the Christmas dinner around teatime and they were all starving. Tbh, I'd rather they just all come here and I make their dinner but wor lass didn't want it as it was our day with the kids. She's now denying all knowledge of this thinking. :lol:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: Houston we have lift off, repeat, we have lift off. (My hearts not in it now, tbh).

you tell your heart to get the fuck in line soldier!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

you tell your heart to get the fuck in line soldier!  

Don't worry, once you start you just carry on and the alcohol does it's thing, it's like that Billy Connelly joke about pulling out as your about to blow your load, 'a rope around my waist attached to a team of ten horses pulling in the opposite direction aren't going to stop me'. :lol:

• Haha 4

Just got my first drink of the day/half a pint of Baileys.

Had to cook and clean for 6 people with no help, then drive the olders back home around Middlesbrough.

This bottle will be gone in less than an hour, merry fucking Christmas 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Not had a bad day at all- both Fistlets were well chuffed, and surprised, with their pressies , Mrs. F. the same, despite a distinct lack of Christmas kegs, I did alright. 

The annual family pig-out was slightly delayed on account of my oven being a fucking teenager and refusing to handle three trays of roasties at once, but we had plenty of diversionary comestibles to stop the the peasants revolting. 

Speaking of which, I got a shirt which is very similar to Fidel’s regular garb, so I’ve spent the day pretending to be a Central American Dictator- drove Mrs.F. wild, so naturally I ramped up the Castro crack as the day has gone on. 

The youth got a PS5 so I’ll be diving on that later and I feel it’s only right I play Just Cause 4 or 5 or whatever the fuck is the latest one. 

Just in case you hadn’t realised- aye- moderately befuddled. :lol:

• Like 6

Btw, by the time dinner got served, most of the family, by now young adult types, as well as the owld farts like me, were functionally paggered, so by the time I served up it was carnage- you love to see it :lol:

IMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.136f64458bd01f849801bc495fae56b6.jpeg

• Like 7

It was lovely tbh, we had vegetarian sprouts, with white wine and garlic, and proper sprouts, as above but 50/50 with pancetta. 

Did the standard turkey, a beef joint, and a Brie and wild mushrooms pie. 

The last lot of guests have just buggered off now, which is relatively respectable, but I can not wait for tomorrow when I plan to do the square root of fuck all. 

26 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It was lovely tbh, we had vegetarian sprouts, with white wine and garlic, and proper sprouts, as above but 50/50 with pancetta. 

Did the standard turkey, a beef joint, and a Brie and wild mushrooms pie. 

The last lot of guests have just buggered off now, which is relatively respectable, but I can not wait for tomorrow when I plan to do the square root of fuck all. 

That does sound like something I would like,

Does't matter how you dress up sprouts, I'll never eat them again in my life..thank feck.😂

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Btw, by the time dinner got served, most of the family, by now young adult types, as well as the owld farts like me, were functionally paggered, so by the time I served up it was carnage- you love to see it :lol:

IMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.136f64458bd01f849801bc495fae56b6.jpeg

Looks class mate, but the young lad needs a trim

Didn't start drinking until 4pm which is out.of character on a holiday. Thought I was just still remarkably sober for this time on Christmas day but somehow I've managed to smash a pint glass in the bathroom and my neighbour across the road has just rung the doorbell to say tell us we've left the car boot wide open and it's been hammering it down with rain. "Noticed when we got home about 10 minutes ago but the rains getting heavier, just thought I should let you know". Good man. Cheers for that.

I think I'm a little more frazzled than I thought. We got home hours ago, though admittedly I did forget to go back out to shut the boot before getting stuck into the Guinness and Shiraz and I'm yet to get started on the Johnnie Walker. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blastronaut said:

Didn't start drinking until 4pm which is out.of character on a holiday. Thought I was just still remarkably sober for this time on Christmas day but somehow I've managed to smash a pint glass in the bathroom and my neighbour across the road has just rung the doorbell to say tell us we've left the car boot wide open and it's been hammering it down with rain. "Noticed when we got home about 10 minutes ago but the rains getting heavier, just thought I should let you know". Good man. Cheers for that.

I think I'm a little more frazzled than I thought. We got home hours ago, though admittedly I did forget to go back out to shut the boot before getting stuck into the Guinness and Shiraz and I'm yet to get started on the Johnnie Walker. 

He could have just shut the damn thing 🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Untitled.jpg.9116b7bedaa52b623960b066aa613dc8.jpg

• Haha 5

I Had a few drinks yesterday, do not like this feeling of a hangover at all. Going to the match now, before the 2 day sobering up process begins and I'm completely normal again. 

Weird thing, I always forget Christmas. Not just the day, the whole period gets erased from my head, always put it down to cumulative alcohol intake in the past. Last year I was completely on the wagon, and I still can't remember a single thing about it either. 

Think I genuinely hate this time of year like. The long nights, shit weather, friends and relatives always seem to die around now, plus seeing people I genuinely can't stand.  Thank fuck for the footy today like! 😀

Merry fucking Christmas everyone. 4-0. Wrong thread. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

9e0cd436-8a63-441f-9175-572cb79360b7.thumb.png.c40a4afa56598df363fddeb6a50ff774.png

Ive always been a right skinny bastard despite my ridiculous diet of Guinness and fry-ups but quit smoking in January this year and figured that if this isn't the year I get fat it's never happening. Photos from the last couple of days confirm that it is indeed happening.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Ive always been a right skinny bastard despite my ridiculous diet of Guinness and fry-ups but quit smoking in January this year and figured that if this isn't the year I get fat it's never happening. Photos from the last couple of days confirm that it is indeed happening.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

• Haha 1