Eddie's, don't doubt the Dubs, NUFC v Wolverhampton Wanderers

sammynb

Just now, toonotl said:

Having Willock back is making a big difference. He's all energy. Taking up really dangerous positions and he's contributed to the press very well too. He's been a big miss.

we’ve missed him so much. 

get in man. Lovely long ball along the ground into the corridor of uncertainty from Murphy. He’s been close with a couple of those already 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

AG10 player of the season for us MOST DEF

music video rap GIF by PRI

• Haha 5

Excellent from Murphy putting the ball in a dangerous area there at the first chance.

He's also trying to take full advantage of the surface isn't he shooting whenever he can 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

AG10 player of the season for us MOST DEF

100%

He’s been Mr consistent. Always fit, always running, always prepare to chase and press, always makes himself available for the ball.

And he’s backing it up with goals and assists. Great to see after a poor first few months 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Somebody needs to explain xG to Murphy.

I don’t mind him having a crack or two like that per game if it opens up. We’re two up - why not?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t mind him having a crack or two like that per game if it opens up. We’re two up - why not?

Plus it's shit weather. A ball bounce and it kid flip up or anything. 

V Blackburn we were trying to walk the fucker in

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I'll remind you of this if they get an early one back in the second half. :razz:

We've got bodies forward in the box man, there are miles better options. He's had two speculative shots so far this half where there were better options on.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

No one busting a gut to get in the box there after good work from Isak and Murphy 

They probably assumed Murphy was gonna shoot.

• Haha 2

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Plus it's shit weather. A ball bounce and it kid flip up or anything. 

V Blackburn we were trying to walk the fucker in

Aye, exactly. I get the whole philosophy of trying to work the good shooting opportunities. But we’re two up and the pitch is slick as fuck - see goal, hit goal would be my approach 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Aye, exactly. I get the whole philosophy of trying to work the good shooting opportunities. But we’re two up and the pitch is slick as fuck - see goal, hit goal would be my approach 

Especially since everyone else seems to be dead scared of hitting the ball from distance. Good to mix it up a bit occasionally. 

I wouldn't mind if we had someone more competent at that than Murphy do it mind 

There's also a point to be made that if you never shoot from range then defenders don't need to close you down as aggressively. If you do shoot from range occasionally then defenders are drawn out to shut you down and you can play the pass instead. Nothing exists in a vacuum. 

Well that was very encouraging. Started off shaky but the press got better as the half went on and Isak has been far more involved than recently. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'll remind you of this if they get an early one back in the second half. :razz:

We've got bodies forward in the box man, there are miles better options. He's had two speculative shots so far this half where there were better options on.

I’d be annoyed if it was a tight 0-0. The game situation and conditions are right for the odd pot shot from distance  

Best first half performance for some time. That looked more like the team of last season. Hopefully we can keep it up. A nice win by a few goals and a clean sheet will do wonders for the confidence.

• Like 5