The Great DOF Hunt of 2024

Probably ManUtd pushing him on this so a lower fee can be negotiated.

Still what a massive prick Ashworth has turned out to be though.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Tbf I thought it was going to be monty don getting out of the car 😂

I thought it was Monkfish. :lol:

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, ewerk said:

Man who negotiates contract for a living complains about the contract he negotiated. Boris Johnsonesque.

:lol: I’m really enjoying it mind. 

The Man U fans are in a massive melt down how unreasonable Newcastle are being saying no one will want to work for us now. So Man U go directly to an NUFC employee, who has important insider knowledge of the club, and create a position where his role is untenable, then they launch several public attacks at Newcastle (including insulting the people running the club) before supposedly offering around 10% of his clause. In reaction to all of the above Newcastle have simply asked the terms of the contract be met, some rumours state they may have even shaved 25% off the fee (despite having no reason to do so), and this makes us unreasonable? :lol: 

Maybe the correct approach would have been to show some fucking respect, approach the club immediately and negotiate from there? You know like we did with Brighton and we still ended up paying £6m and him having 8 month or so leave…

• Like 8

I hope Ratcliffe turns up to the arbitration the same way he's turned up to all of the interviews on this question, armed with only his arrogance and entitlement, cos I'm sure our lot will be doing their homework and making sure we've got our arguments in place. 

There's a good chance this ends with us getting less than we're currently asking for, but I would think it'll be closer to our figure than theirs and hopefully still with restrictions around the next transfer window. 

I can't quite put into words how much I want Ashworth to fail at Man United though, he's behaved poorly throughout as far as I can see. Takes a bit to get Howe to lower his super professional guard, and he couldn't be clearer about how he thought the bloke was behaving. 

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm not sure who'd come out on top of a bit of pagga between Ashworth and this lad to be honest?

IMG_20240426_165209.png.0c1fd4264d9aaa0db9d43ce399f1a0ce.png

Shame Longstaff and Dummett never taxi’d him to Ashworths house when they were all out tapping flaps. 

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Shame Longstaff and Dummett never taxi’d him to Ashworths house when they were all out tapping flaps. 

That would be impossible as in actual fact Ashworth is Ashworth during the week but he put those specs on, on a weekend and becomes the football hooligan and scourge of the non league scene, the Wealdstone Raider. They're never seen in the room together. 

• Haha 8